Something Isn't Right...

Sheikh Salim

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a knee jerk reaction, not a taig either. Just my overall thoughts based on the season so far.

We have;

Players who look disinterested - Totally Agree

Players who lack basic discipline - On tonights showing, yes

Players with poor ability - Possibly a bit knee jerk, players have off games and poor runs but none of ours have poor ability overall

A manager unwilling to drop players based on form - Not many opportunities to do that with our squad

A manager clueless in how to change a game - Couldn't be further from the truth, if he doesn't think the players on the bench will change it then why change it?

A manager unwilling to make subs - As above

We are unable to carry out proper negotiations to sign players - We don't know that, my opinion is we got off lightly by not paying over the odds for Goodwillie. Guarantee he wouldn't score more than Boyd and he cost about a fifth of the price.

We have a chairman who many doubt has much funds at all. - Must have more clout than previous set up cause we can offer contracts :)

This is the same team more or less from last season and they look fucking clueless, give or take a few players. The referee was shocking tonight, but this is no excuse. Everyone could see what had to be changed, why the fuck does Ally not see it?

I'm worried how this season will pan out. I personally am grateful for Whyte coming in and securing our best players (bar whittaker) on long term contracts, but on hearing that he was trying to spread the cost of paying for DGW over a couple of years makes me think that he has to get external investment to be able to make signings.

If things carry on its gonna be a long fucking season.

Pissed off loyal

Just my opinions

have we found our level?? fuckin long gone are the days where we are competing with the bayern munichs of this world!! never in our life should we goin out to the likes of malmo!!

I'm not that shocked anymore, every year in Scottish football a team goes out to 'shite' opposition and everyone acts surprised, why? Thoroughly depressing state of affairs.

A team like Rangers? We WERE a great team.

Now, well, the SPL has hindered us and held us back a lot. We would no doubt about it be a top side in Europe again if were playing in the premiership. But until then your going to have to make do and accept we are not one of the top sides in Europe anymore. The only thing great about us is our history and majority of fans.

I'm not suggesting we're a European heavyweight or anything like that, I realise we've fallen down a bit but we're still far beyond a team where someone should be learning their managerial trade. We are Rangers, not Clyde ffs. Whyte has been pressured into giving McCoist the role, perhaps contractually or for fear letting him go wouldn't have been the best start with the fans, but the decision to appoint McCost was made at our lowest point financially, it wasn't anything to do with any nonsense about putting a ledgend in charge it was because we couldn't afford anyone else. Whyte apparently changes that with his money.