Youngsters!

Baz the Bear

Really impressed with a few of the youngsters today, McMillan, Hutton and also Perry and Bendiksen when they came on. Showed up there more experienced team-mates, especially in the second half against a very strong Chelsea side. Looking bright for the future and great to see Ness back in action (tu)

Would also really like to see Fleck get a run in midfield alongside Davis, possibly in a 4-3-3 with McCulloch behind (until we get someone better) with Naismith and A.N Other either side of Jelavic. Think this could work and give Davis a bit of a creative hand in midfield as hes getting bogged down with expectation to constantly create something. Fleck really has something and showed he could work well behinf Jelavic in a few games last season. Could be a solution at least until we get another striker in and/or Lafferty gets fit.

Also, not seen anything to suggest that Ortiz is anything more than a decent squad player!

Why McCulloch when you have Hutton?

No reason why not, he could do the job but you know aswell as i do that Ally will always play McCulloch and/or Edu. I think McCulloch is the lesser of 2 evils and at least has the dig required to get the ball back to the football players!

Yeah i was impressed. Bendiksen done great for the first 15 minutes when he came on. Hutton was solid most of the game, Fleck played some very nice passes and i thought Perry dealt with Drogba very well. Was gutted we didnt see Hemmings today.

McMillan was great today aswell, wouldnt put him in the youngster bracket but.

I thought he fine. When you compare him to Broadfoot he was like Beckenbauer though :lol:

I thought he defended well, but at times on the ball to took forever and ended up passing it to nothing or rushing a pass because he'd taking so long and someone was about to put the boot in. It's an easier thing to fix than cooking an egg in a microwave that's for sure. I'm sure the more game time the lad gets at a higher level, his need to distribute the ball quicker will get better.

'the Monk', on 06 August 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

I'd like to see

mcgregor

mcmillan Goian Juhasz/Cuellar Wallace

Ness Fleck Davis

Naismith Jelavic Verhoek

superb team though i would still have whittaker

it is beyond me how anyone can leave bartley out of the starting lineup.

bartley completely dominated chelsea's mega million players with strength, technique and style, he was fuckin brilliant.

i was thankful ally took him off in the second half to avoid wenger having a heart attack at letting us have him - for him to see such a display against forwards that his current CB's will have a very difficult time containing - must be pulling his hair out

'the Monk', on 06 August 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

I'd like to see

mcgregor

mcmillan Goian Juhasz/Cuellar Wallace

Ness Fleck Davis

Naismith Jelavic Verhoek

it is beyond me how anyone can leave bartley out of the starting lineup.

bartley completely dominated chelsea's mega million players with strength, technique and style, he was fuckin brilliant.

i was thankful ally took him off in the second half to avoid wenger having a heart attack at letting us have him - for him to see such a display against forwards that his current CB's will have a very difficult time containing - must be pulling his hair out

still prefer juhazu and cuellar. but he is a cracking player in the making.

Bartley didn't give Torres much of a sniff at all. Forced Torres to drop to closer to the halfway line just to try get some possession.

McMillan was outstanding, Perry done well enough but gave the ball away too many times. Bendiksen done well enough, looked pretty composed. Hutton and Fleck done ok. Fleck was industrious enough but Chelsea at this stage had replaced their better midfielders.

Yeah i was impressed. Bendiksen done great for the first 15 minutes when he came on. Hutton was solid most of the game, Fleck played some very nice passes and i thought Perry dealt with Drogba very well. Was gutted we didnt see Hemmings today.

McMillan was great today aswell, wouldnt put him in the youngster bracket but.

Bendiksen is 21 so really for him it's got to be his year, really needs to make an impact. I was also impressed by him, certainly has great composure and technique and certainly can pick a pass, I thought he looked fairly exciting, will hopefully see much more of him this year.