Rangers Warn Clubs Off Lafferty

Broxi1872

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been reading these boards for a long time without ever registering. I went to my first Rangers game in 1961 and was a season ticket holder for about 20 years. I am no longer a season ticket holder but go to as many games as possible. I only registered to this forum today to make some points regarding the harsh criticism of Kyle Lafferty.

It has been said many times before that the big lad has been played on the wing out of position. Very true, but I would play anywhere just to get a game for the Gers. Big Kyle is no different because he is a true Rangers fan as well as a player. He also proved that he is not frightened to actually take a player on….which he does regularly. How many of our team actually do that….they nearly all opt for the easy quick pass which keeps the fans off their backs. Big Laff at least has the guts (and the ability btw) to have a go at them. Lets not forget too that he has scored a lot of excellent goals, even whilst playing out of position. He obviously scored a lot more when he moved into the middle of the park.

It’s obvious in this forum that the verdict on the big man is split. We need to get behind this big guy, who has undoubted talent. Personally I love watching the big guy. He has more guts that most of the team and he is a very skilful individual. If the fans were to really get behind him, I’m certain he could become a legend.

I can well remember when more than 50% of the Rangers support booed Mark Hately when he first came to Ibrox. The bottom line was he was unfit when he arrived. He got no change out of the fans at that stage, but as we all know went on to become a legend. Jonas Thern got booed as well. Again he was unfit. Or was it that the fans knew better. He only played 75 times for Sweden and captained them for 7 years….but he still wasn’t good enough for the boo brigade at Ibrox.

It is far too easy to criticise. We are ‘supporters’ after all.

I think big Kyle has already proved his worth in my eyes, but I think it won’t be long before the whole support realise just how good the big man certainly is.

I've been reading these boards for a long time without ever registering. I went to my first Rangers game in 1961 and was a season ticket holder for about 20 years. I am no longer a season ticket holder but go to as many games as possible. I only registered to this forum today to make some points regarding the harsh criticism of Kyle Lafferty.

It has been said many times before that the big lad has been played on the wing out of position. Very true, but I would play anywhere just to get a game for the Gers. Big Kyle is no different because he is a true Rangers fan as well as a player. He also proved that he is not frightened to actually take a player on….which he does regularly. How many of our team actually do that….they nearly all opt for the easy quick pass which keeps the fans off their backs. Big Laff at least has the guts (and the ability btw) to have a go at them. Lets not forget too that he has scored a lot of excellent goals, even whilst playing out of position. He obviously scored a lot more when he moved into the middle of the park.

It's obvious in this forum that the verdict on the big man is split. We need to get behind this big guy, who has undoubted talent. Personally I love watching the big guy. He has more guts that most of the team and he is a very skilful individual. If the fans were to really get behind him, I'm certain he could become a legend.

I can well remember when more than 50% of the Rangers support booed Mark Hately when he first came to Ibrox. The bottom line was he was unfit when he arrived. He got no change out of the fans at that stage, but as we all know went on to become a legend. Jonas Thern got booed as well. Again he was unfit. Or was it that the fans knew better. He only played 75 times for Sweden and captained them for 7 years….but he still wasn't good enough for the boo brigade at Ibrox.

It is far too easy to criticise. We are 'supporters' after all.

I think big Kyle has already proved his worth in my eyes, but I think it won't be long before the whole support realise just how good the big man certainly is.

Enjoyed, i aint the best putting thinking to words but that sums it up

I’ve been reading these boards for a long time without ever registering. I went to my first Rangers game in 1961 and was a season ticket holder for about 20 years. I am no longer a season ticket holder but go to as many games as possible. I only registered to this forum today to make some points regarding the harsh criticism of Kyle Lafferty.

It’s obvious in this forum that the verdict on the big man is split. We need to get behind this big guy, who has undoubted talent. Personally I love watching the big guy. He has more guts that most of the team and he is a very skilful individual. If the fans were to really get behind him, I’m certain he could become a legend.

I can well remember when more than 50% of the Rangers support booed Mark Hately when he first came to Ibrox. The bottom line was he was unfit when he arrived. He got no change out of the fans at that stage, but as we all know went on to become a legend. Jonas Thern got booed as well. Again he was unfit. Or was it that the fans knew better. He only played 75 times for Sweden and captained them for 7 years….but he still wasn’t good enough for the boo brigade at Ibrox.

I think big Kyle has already proved his worth in my eyes, but I think it won’t be long before the whole support realise just how good the big man certainly is.

Sad thing is John only 2 folk feel your post is worth a rep.

Its worth more than that.

Welcome mate (tu)

EXCELLENT POST ..totally agree

Bang on mate

You gotta be joking, he is proving to be a decent asset to us, i dont care for comments he only shows up da da da, he is fast becoming one of my personal favourites and if he carries on where he left i will be ove the moon, lafferty actually scares defences i think

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lafferty was shite again last night. People who say he scare defenses must be fucking high or something!

been injured and shouldnt even been on last night, is that not a better observation other that your one way lafferty is shite nonsense

I know my thread on Lafferty's performance last night didn't go down well but if Lafferty plays to the standard he has played at for most of his time here then our only striker who can really contribute anything is Jelavic. Due to how good Lafferty was at the end of last season I'd forgotten how poor he can be and last night brought back some bad memories like that Old Firm game where he tried to skin Hinkel about 5 times and Hinkel just took the ball off him cleanly every time. Also, the home leg against Sporting Lisbon, his finishing was appalling that night.

However, he shouldn't be judged from a 45 minute cameo in which he won't have been fit, or match fit so hopefully Lafferty turns it on again this season.