Real Madrid V Barcelona - Spanish Supercup

Amac9

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Understrength Barcelona team, Nou Camp on Weds should be a diff game with Xavi, Pique and Puyol back into the starting lineup and possibly even Pedro. Sanchez was decent tonight but needs a few more games playing with the team IMO, Pedro came on and was far more direct and had more success against Marcelo / Ramos when he was switched over.

Xavi is fantastic, will probably never be mentioned amongst the greatest of all time but for me he is certainly up there.

Which is weird because no one (no one at all sane anyway) questions his ability, and more than ability he has won everything it is possible to win in the game. Any other key playmaker with three European cups, a European championship and a World Cup, the all-time appearance record for his globally reknowned club and a pass completion rate during his peak of somewhere in the high 90s would be a constant feature in "best ever" discussion even while he was still playing. Zidane was and he wasn't nearly as successful in terms of club honours. Does Xavi not have enough tricks?

Which is weird because no one (no one at all sane anyway) questions his ability, and more than ability he has won everything it is possible to win in the game. Any other key playmaker with three European cups, a European championship and a World Cup, the all-time appearance record for his globally reknowned club and a pass completion rate during his peak of somewhere in the high 90s would be a constant feature in "best ever" discussion even while he was still playing. Zidane was and he wasn't nearly as successful in terms of club honours. Does Xavi not have enough tricks?

I think its more to do with the players that Xavi has played alongside. Zidane was always the main man and dragged the France team to trophies alomost individually at times, whereas Xavi plays alongside people like Messi and Iniesta who are just as good as him and therefore take the limelight off him.

I think its more to do with the players that Xavi has played alongside. Zidane was always the main man and dragged the France team to trophies alomost individually at times, whereas Xavi plays alongside people like Messi and Iniesta who are just as good as him and therefore take the limelight off him.

Ok, Xavi perhaps has less of an individualistic star quality than Zidane but Zizou didn't exactly play alongside nobodies :P

Anyway, since Xavi isn't even the world's best contemporary player, and Zidane was in his time, it's probably a silly comparison, but I don't think it would be wrong in decades time to consider him one of the greats. He's surely the greatest Spanish player ever already.

I Thought Madrid where outstanding last night, Jose said in his press conference that Madrid have worked so hard over this pre-season and i think it showed last night. The big difference was the high pressure, something Barca do so well. IMO Madrid played Barca off the park for most of the game last night, apart from their goals, one which was unstoppable from Villa and one which was lucky from Messi, i cant remember them really having a go. Im sure the commentator said near the end Barca only had two shots of target and both where goals.

Karim Benzema also looked like a new player, dropping 7kilos over the summer, and i think it should last night. Callejon (sp?) and Coentrao where superb when they came on aswell last night. Was surprised we never seen Nuri Sahin but. I think this season we will see a tighter la liga between the top two.

I Thought Madrid where outstanding last night, Jose said in his press conference that Madrid have worked so hard over this pre-season and i think it showed last night. The big difference was the high pressure, something Barca do so well. IMO Madrid played Barca off the park for most of the game last night, apart from their goals, one which was unstoppable from Villa and one which was lucky from Messi, i cant remember them really having a go. Im sure the commentator said near the end Barca only had two shots of target and both where goals.

Karim Benzema also looked like a new player, dropping 7kilos over the summer, and i think it should last night. Callejon (sp?) and Coentrao where superb when they came on aswell last night. Was surprised we never seen Nuri Sahin but. I think this season we will see a tighter la liga between the top two.

Barca done all they had to last night and stepped it up when they needed to . Madrid are second best again this year , they have zero chance at the Nou Camp........

Haha , bet you any amount of cash you like , Barca will hump them at the Nou Camp......

They might, and they might not. But Madrid wont be second best again. Madrid had enough chances to put this two legged tie to bed last night.

Thought Real deserved to win ! Barcelona didn't look that great but Sanchez impressed me (tu).

First half wasn't impressed by Sanchez, he turned it around second half but, caused alot more trouble second half.

They might, and they might not. But Madrid wont be second best again. Madrid had enough chances to put this two legged tie to bed last night.

Barca had chances too , and in the second half Madrid were clueless as it went on . You will see a full Barca at the Nou Camp , and only one winner .

If you are that confident , lets see the money ..........

Barca had chances too , and in the second half Madrid were clueless as it went on . You will see a full Barca at the Nou Camp , and only one winner .

If you are that confident , lets see the money ..........

Cluelass ? Valdes was clueless, he should have been sent off for his silyl silly tackle on Ronaldo, aswell as his shit goalkeeping for the benzema effort from the freekick.

and Pepe was an angel you forgot to mention eh ?????

I dont need to mention Pepe if I'm talking about Barca do I ? Everybody knows Pepe is like, and everyone knows what Barca are like in terms of play acting. If you're talking about the Alves tackle that says it all, he was off the ground before he even got contact of Pepe.

P.S why do you always need to do more than one fullstop or question mark ?