Atmosphere

Just watching Stoke v Chelsea here, what an atmosphere the Stoke fans create.

Just shows you how quite Ibrox is 95% of the time.

Some people say it's the quality of football on the park that makes the atmosphere poor however Stoke fans don't exactly get treated to spectacular football every 2nd week.

How can we make it better and what makes it so poor?

Stoke fans are outstanding every week regardless of who they play and make it an intimidating place to play. Our fans only seem to want to sing against the scum, aberdeen and "big" euro nights.

How can you make it better? Start making an effort instead of talking about it on a forum :P

Seriously though, it's not going to get any better (td) I always sing whatever is sung by the UB/TBO and I've only been in the Copland this season!

Stoke fans are outstanding every week regardless of who they play and make it an intimidating place to play. Our fans only seem to want to sing against the scum, aberdeen and "big" euro nights.

Aye, Ibrox hasnt been intimidating for years now...Not for the opposition anyway.

Probably quite intimidating for Edu though.

Euro nights have been pish for years now TBH.

Just watching Stoke v Chelsea here, what an atmosphere the Stoke fans create.

Just shows you how quite Ibrox is 95% of the time.

Some people say it's the quality of football on the park that makes the atmosphere poor however Stoke fans don't exactly get treated to spectacular football every 2nd week.

How can we make it better and what makes it so poor?

IMO our away fans are second to none in the world, in terms of noise level. A lot of people (Including myself) have said our home support over the last few seasons has been shite. But up until a couple of seasons ago I didn’t think it was that bad, certainly not the worst, and never will be. But if we’re being honest it’s at an all time low, some SPL teams even out sing us at home, teams like c*lt*c, hibs, aberdeen and a lot of European teams including that Swedish mob, I think playing shity teams plays a part, but we all could still do better, the UB’s and TBO try their best, but it’s still not enough (will enquire next season about joining one of these fan groups). If Ibrox is ever to be a right noisy bastard again, I think there should be a standing section (Govan front would be ideal) where everyone who wants to stand and sing and not hear “Sit the fuck down” should be there. I would also like to see a few more new anthems being introduced, Penny arcade is great, I think when this got played at the tail end of last season is the only real time the whole stadium stood up and sung, as I said it is great, but we need more. IMO If something doesn’t change, and fast, our home support will continue to get worse, which is sad. Would love to have the best home fans in the world in 5 years time, doubt it though.

:isay:

^^ To lighten the mood LOL.

Good post mate.

I think we are in dire need of songs and player songs at that. Not that I'd be any decent at making ones up and literally cringe when you see ppl on here posting them. I know the blue order have a few but it's tryin to get them sung in 4 stands.

Wish we could get standing again but just won't happen.