If We Make The Europa League

Amac9

The I want the bheggars to be there with us. Not for the coefficient but because it will give us a better chance of retaining our title.

If we are going to be playing Thursday and then Sunday then I want them to be doing it as well. If they didn't make it then they would have a free week and would end up playing before us meaning we would have to play catch up and that's always risky, especially coming back from a European game.

I love to see the bastards get beat but let's face it there is not a lot of money involved in the Europa League, it means they have to play Sunday, more chance of players to get injured (hopefully serious ones!) and it means we are both on a level playing field when it comes to playing in the SPL.

Normally I want them to be out of Europe in the most embarrassing fashion too but I, in a way agree. We need to keep them distracted from just the SPL but I would much rather be in a different group from them altogether.

It will be interesting to see how their "massive squad" which I believe lacks any serious strength in depth would cope with an extended European campaign when challenging for title. Last year we played an away game on the back of every single CL game and for us it was killer and with the numbers we have in terms of squad it certainly stretched us. I doubt that with the added distraction of Europe and enhanced travel + chance of injuries etc would the taigs have got as close to us as they did last season.

1st KO defeat for them would do me, wouldn't do the co-efficient any harm (performances effect us and the country to you know). Both of us would be top two seeds anyway; us first and them second (again! always second to us aren't they?).

I would love them to suffer though, a 5-0 defeat at the hands of all their opponents and can't wait to see who they face from pot 1 - Sevilla, AS Roma, Spurs, PSV, Atl. Madrid, Lisbon, Braga, Schalke, Kiev, Panathinaikos, Spartak Moscow (assuming all seeded teams from final European qualifying rounds progress.)

There is no greater prize right now in the Scottish game than that automatic CL qualifier spot for the SPL winners this season. That is all that matters. As much as I will be cheering Rangers on in each and every game they play all season - I don't care if we get dumped out of every competition at the first time of asking as long as we sew up the league convincingly enough to get that dirty rhat scumbag the sack.

A £15 mill cheque for champions league. 4IAR under the belt. Lemon gone. Then we'll see who gives a fuck about Malmo.

There is no greater prize right now in the Scottish game than that automatic CL qualifier spot for the SPL winners this season. That is all that matters. As much as I will be cheering Rangers on in each and every game they play all season - I don't care if we get dumped out of every competition at the first time of asking as long as we sew up the league convincingly enough to get that dirty rhat scumbag the sack.

A £15 mill cheque for champions league. 4IAR under the belt. Lemon gone. Then we'll see who gives a fuck about Malmo.

Sorry for going Off Topic but - a few people have been stating that it's automatic entry next year - are you sure ??

I know Scotland has regained two places again, but has the automatic entry for the League winners been confirmed anywhere.

Sorry for going Off Topic but - a few people have been stating that it's automatic entry next year - are you sure ??

I know Scotland has regained two places again, but has the automatic entry for the League winners been confirmed anywhere.

Sorry mate I can't confirm it - you may be right to question it. Here's hoping anyway :D

Sorry, but I never want them to win. No matter who they're playing or what they're playing in.

Unless we needed them tae beat somebody like Hertz in the last game of the season to give us the league title, which would be a complete and utter waste of time, so no point even thinking aboot it.

We are all passionate about Rangers and we all want Rangers to win, every game and we all like a good laugh when they get beat, especially in a humiliating fashon but there is also a bigger picture here...

The SPL is not seen as a strong league, an improved co-efficient helps to demonstrate strength. If we are seen as a stronger league we make it more attractive for forieng players to come here, we make it easier to get decent sponsorship we have the ability to strengthen our brand beyond these shores and as football gets restructured we can make a better case for getting a seat at the big table. With a weak co-efficient we potentailly lose all of that and that is why we need Celtic to do well in Europe, but not only them Scotlands other representatives as well. As a stronger league every team will have more cash to attract strogner players and so the quality of the competition and the football on offer goes up.

I will not be going as far as to be leaping out of my seat when Celtic score or win in the Europa League (although I would like Hearts to do well against spurs!) but I do hope they put up a decent show and help the whole co-efficient thing; and as the OP says if they are in the group stages as well as us it evens the playing field in terms of numbers of games to be played.

We are all passionate about Rangers and we all want Rangers to win, every game and we all like a good laugh when they get beat, especially in a humiliating fashon but there is also a bigger picture here...

The SPL is not seen as a strong league, an improved co-efficient helps to demonstrate strength. If we are seen as a stronger league we make it more attractive for forieng players to come here, we make it easier to get decent sponsorship we have the ability to strengthen our brand beyond these shores and as football gets restructured we can make a better case for getting a seat at the big table. With a weak co-efficient we potentailly lose all of that and that is why we need Celtic to do well in Europe, but not only them Scotlands other representatives as well. As a stronger league every team will have more cash to attract strogner players and so the quality of the competition and the football on offer goes up.

I will not be going as far as to be leaping out of my seat when Celtic score or win in the Europa League (although I would like Hearts to do well against spurs!) but I do hope they put up a decent show and help the whole co-efficient thing; and as the OP says if they are in the group stages as well as us it evens the playing field in terms of numbers of games to be played.

Great comment :-)