Hearts Vs Spurs

Ryan_1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what gets people a little is how the gap between the 2 leagues has widened during the Sky era. 20 years ago even if one of our teams couldn't beat an English one they would still have sufficient quantity with the addition of battle fever to compete against them but now it just doesn't happen

I dont get the big surprise and people saying our League is on a slide because of this.

There was no surprise - perhaps other than Spurs going easy and only taking 5 off Hearts.

But, that slide has been accelerating for years now and I think we are far from rock-bottom. We could yet see not a single SPL club in any European competition as of next week.

Bottom line? The Rangers need to get out of this backwater league as fast as they possibly can. Whyte has openly talked about great opportunities he envisions for our greatest of clubs - I pray one of them is a credible exit strategy.

It's not the scoreline that was surprising it was the ease for how it went about, Hearts looked like a pub team against Tottenham.

I suppose you have to say the EPL has had virtually all the money any league could realistically want over the last 20 odd years meanwhile the income up here has gradually died up so the gulf in class is perhaps not that surprising

I suppose you have to say the EPL has had virtually all the money any league could realistically want over the last 20 odd years meanwhile the income up here has gradually died up so the gulf in class is perhaps not that surprising

As I said it's not the scoreline that was the surprising part, look at the FA cup down south. You'll have Tottenham drawing AFC Wimbledon or somebody along those lines. But I'll guarantee Tottenham wouldn't find it as easy as they did last night.

Were in danger of the SPL if it's not already, and that includes ourselves. At English league one level.

The starting XI Spurs put-out against Hearts cost just £54.3 million - hardly a fortune by today's inflated standards and well under the £80 million that Cristiano Ronaldo went for...

GOMES Heurelho 1 PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands) (06-08) £7,000,000

WALKER Kyle 28 Sheffield United (07-09) £3,000,000

KABOUL Younes 4 Portsmouth (01-10) £4,000,000

DAWSON Michael 20 Nottingham Forest (01-05) £3,500,000

ASSOU-EKOTTO Benoit 32 RC Lens (France) (07-06) £3,500,000

LIVERMORE Jake 29 Tottenham Youth (07-07) £0

KRANJCAR Niko 21 Portsmouth (09-09) £2,000,000

LENNON Aaron 7 Leeds United (07-05) £800,000

VAN DER VAART Rafael 11 Real Madrid (Spain) (08-10) £8,000,000

BALE Gareth 3 Southampton (05-07) £7,500,000

DEFOE Jermain 18 Portsmouth (01-09) £15,000,000

Total cost of Spurs starting XI v Hearts: £54,300,000

...this gives an average of under £5 million a player.

Harry Redknapp has made a surprisingly early announcement for the Spurs line-up for Thursday's second leg against Hearts...

Pat Jennings

Chirpy the Cockerel - Chas - Dave - Kevin Bond

David Bentley - Tim Sherwood - Dave Mackay - Grabatelli

Sandra Redknapp - Joe Jordan