Did Anybody Else Notice

new eagle

Just before half time goian came over to the touchline for treatment, after the usual sponge and a spray, he turned around to go back on , only to find he had been subbed!, about 30sec later, half time whistles blows, I thought we were to hasty to sub him , especially when you saw the mixups in the second half, could have been costly!,..... Thoughts?

We got the 3 points so maybe the right decision was made not to risk him in the second half but like you say, it could've been costly. Just hope the international break will do him the world of good

Saw that too. Maybe it was a bit hasty but I'm fairly sure they'd have hooked him at half time anyway with his history.

Sounds like Naismith should have been subbed, but regarding Bedoya, he wasn't coughing blood before he came on. He just said he was right at the end.

I think we made the right decsion.

Goian doesn't have the best history for injuries so it's better we didn't aggravate his injury more. Take him off before the break so you can give your back 4 decent orders at the break and get Goian in an early bath and assessed that bit quicker.

Sure, it could have been costly to take him off, but there's an argument that it would have been even costlier to leave him on. Say he goes back on, aggravates the injury, and doubles the recovery period- then what?

The point being made is that it would have been sensible to assess the injury during the half-time break, which was seconds away, before making any change.

This puzzled me as well? I was sitting about twenty yards away and could see him moving over to the bench fine so knew it wasn't too serious he then mouths don't make the sub and was told, too late he's already on which left Goian shaking his head!!another 30 secs it was half time?why not wait instead of reshuffling??

Looking back, it would probably have been more sensible to close out the last seconds of the half with 10 men, then check Goian out at half time.

Unless we lost a goal with 10 men then mccoist would be even more slaughtered. Dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't