48hrs To Save/kick Start Our Season

KingKirk

I just think it's bizarre that it seems we have signed 7 players.... Yet look worse as a team.....

Of course we will look worse as a team.

Our teams togetherness, continuity and understanding of each others game has been the foundation of our success over the past few years.

A new team with up to seven new players was never going to reach an acceptable level straight out the blocks. There was always going to be a bedding in period as players need time to adapt and get to know each others game/strengths/weaknesses.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we will look worse as a team.

Our teams togetherness, continuity and understanding of each others game has been the foundation of our success over the past few years.

A new team with up to seven new players was never going to reach an acceptable level straight out the blocks. There was always going to be a bedding in period as players need time to adapt and get to know each others game/strengths/weaknesses.

My problem is ... Even if we had every player fit we still lack a partner for Jelavic and any natural width, pace or creativity..... Other than Wylde.

The day the season ended I said we lacked that, most agreed.... That has not been addressed.

We have signed squad fillers... I like Goian and Wallace.... £400k signings don't enhance first teams.....

How do Celtic despite not being in the Champions League for last 3 years still spend? Their debt appears to get lower and they sell shite for good money?!??

Samaras £3 mil

Mahoney £1 mil

It's fcuking crazy

Septic have pretty much broke even the last 2 years with transfers in and out - and again they are only buying because they are selling.

My problem is ... Even if we had every player fit we still lack a partner for Jelavic and any natural width, pace or creativity..... Other than Wylde.

The day the season ended I said we lacked that, most agreed.... That has not been addressed.

We have signed squad fillers... I like Goian and Wallace.... £400k signings don't enhance first teams.....

In Scotland they do :(

I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous statement. Two words, Henrik Larsson. Quality players can come at small costs, it's all a gamble at the end of the day. £4m players don't necissarily enhance first teams either. James Beattie cost nearly double what Larsson did. Who enhanced their repsective first team more. I'm sick to death of the assumption that higher cost always means higher quality. I'm also assuming on this basis that Jig and Edu would be your preferred central midfield pairing considering they cost about a combined £5m? Sorry, just cant stand this, let's go spend millions and everything will be fine assumption

In Scotland they do :(

I would not of signed Ortiz?? What did our Super scouts see????

I would not of signed Bocanegra??? Slow and Small..... From Juhasz and Cuellar to him??? WOW...

Whittaker 5 years at 20k a week..... That is FRIGHTENING

Kerkar re signed

Healy re signed

Massive errors of judgement.

Most people say Whyte will be judged when window closes.

I think we 've been lied to massively.... Whyte said at one point we had £18 mil worth of bids out should all be accepted. (obviously he was alluding that not all would come)

Utter utter Bullshit.... Gordon Smith wheeled out £8 mil worth of bids and Traynor ripped him to pieces over the Goodwillie Story.

It feels right now ( I may be wrong) that we have went from one set of 'jobs for the boys' bullshitters to a completely new set.

With us the Fans (and biggest investors) being treat like mugs.

I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous statement. Two words, Henrik Larsson. Quality players can come at small costs, it's all a gamble at the end of the day. £4m players don't necissarily enhance first teams either. James Beattie cost nearly double what Larsson did. Who enhanced their repsective first team more. I'm sick to death of the assumption that higher cost always means higher quality. I'm also assuming on this basis that Jig and Edu would be your preferred central midfield pairing considering they cost about a combined £5m? Sorry, just cant stand this, let's go spend millions and everything will be fine assumption

I couldn't care less how much they cost if they are good and actually enhance the team.

I dont just want another shirt filler signed.

Murray and Brown supplied Ally with a List 'as long as his arm' i recall him saying..

Look at who our interest was in and confirmed in to what we have actually signed.

In the cold light of day it is nowhere near good enough...This plus the fact the likes of Naisy, Jela and co being off form doesn't help.

I couldn't care less how much they cost if they are good and actually enhance the team.

Murray and Brown supplied Ally with a List 'as long as his arm' i recall him saying..

Look at who our interest was in and confirmed in to what we have actually signed.

In the cold light of day it is nowhere near good enough...This plus the fact the likes of Naisy, Jela and co being off form doesn't help.

Well just aswell hes scoring goals!

I don't understand what people want. If we sign Gekas, I'd say we're more than set for the SPL season.

We aren't in crisis any more. The crisis is over, our season in Europe is unfixable.

Now, we are in the best position we could be in going forward in the league, and that's all that we can do.

This squad can and, I'd go out on a limb and say, will win the SPL.

But you just claimed that 400k players don't enhance first teams? So you do clearly care somewhat what players cost. Verhoek was gonna go to Forest and Juhasz, well i'd hazard a guess and say that few on here had watched him play consistently. Basically, they were foreign and had big fees, so people assume that they were not just overpriced but rather far better players than what we brought in, neglecting the fact that all of our 6 figure signings are experienced international footballers of national teams well above the likes of Scotland. Give these lads a couple of months to find their feet, we are playing with so many new players that it's not going to just click immediately. In the 'cold light of day' we might find that bringing guys like MacKay, Bedoya and Bocanegra to the club, 3 international footballers, for just £1m is an utter steal. However, you have to give them a bedding in period. We are top of the league while playing shite, you shoudl start moaning about our policies when we are losing games. Everyone is disappointed to be out of europe, there's no doubt about that, but all we can do is win domestically, and we are doing that just now.

1 striker would do me

I don't understand what people want. If we sign Gekas, I'd say we're more than set for the SPL season.

We aren't in crisis any more. The crisis is over, our season in Europe is unfixable.

Now, we are in the best position we could be in going forward in the league, and that's all that we can do.

This squad can and, I'd go out on a limb and say, will win the SPL.

Bingo

It staggers me how negative most of you are. Barring Bougherra leaving and a few injuries, I'm pretty certain that we could play the same starting 11 that won 9 and drew 1 in our last 10 league games last season, whilst only conceding 1 goal in the process. And are we really going to ignore the fact that we cuffed Motherwell 3-0 on their own patch under a fortnight ago?

It staggers me how negative most of you are. Barring Bougherra leaving and a few injuries, I'm pretty certain that we could play the same starting 11 that won 9 and drew 1 in our last 10 league games last season, whilst only conceding 1 goal in the process. And are we really going to ignore the fact that we cuffed Motherwell 3-0 on their own patch under a fortnight ago?

People are obviously still reacting to our European exit. It's understandable in a way but there comes a point where we just have to forget it and move on to domestic matters where we are doing well despite our performances never really getting going just yet. We have a lot of players still to come back from injury too. Add another striker and i'm confident we have more than enough to challenge in all domestic competitions

You should definitely avoid the transfer forum in future

Just seen on Telegraph transfers bulletin that Weiss confirmed loan move to Spain for a season. Would he not have been useful to have got back for another year or were wages the issue?

We didn't want to pay £3m and Mancini didn't want him to play in the SPL as a Man City player. That was the issue.

But you just claimed that 400k players don't enhance first teams? So you do clearly care somewhat what players cost. Verhoek was gonna go to Forest and Juhasz, well i'd hazard a guess and say that few on here had watched him play consistently. Basically, they were foreign and had big fees, so people assume that they were not just overpriced but rather far better players than what we brought in, neglecting the fact that all of our 6 figure signings are experienced international footballers of national teams well above the likes of Scotland. Give these lads a couple of months to find their feet, we are playing with so many new players that it's not going to just click immediately. In the 'cold light of day' we might find that bringing guys like MacKay, Bedoya and Bocanegra to the club, 3 international footballers, for just £1m is an utter steal. However, you have to give them a bedding in period. We are top of the league while playing shite, you shoudl start moaning about our policies when we are losing games. Everyone is disappointed to be out of europe, there's no doubt about that, but all we can do is win domestically, and we are doing that just now.

1 striker would do me

Well said, I agree with you.