Has My Memory Gone

minstral

Someone was on about the price to watch Rangers many years ago. Not sure if my memory is correct, but i think when we played Spurs back in 1962 it was 6 shillings for a ticket. :unsure:

Don't know , always got into those games free , as mate from primary schools old man was the groundsman. Primary right across for Ibrox.

Think Real Madrid game was 10 shillings!

Someone was on about the price to watch Rangers many years ago. Not sure if my memory is correct, but i think when we played Spurs back in 1962 it was 6 shillings for a ticket. :unsure:

aye happy days ,i remember going to park gardens foe a brief for the cup final replay i 1966 kai scored the winner but that was ten bob no handling charges just a big commisionaire at the entrance with a pile of tickets in front of him

Minstral, the first match you paid to get into I'm sure you said cost 2 groats and a boll of grain.

Getting a lift was your birthright.

I wouldn't like to lift some of today's fat weans over right enough. :D

I was getting a lift until I was about 14, and starting to get a bit big for it. Once the guys in the queue started taking the piss by saying "you could gie me a lift son", it was time to start paying in.

I was getting a lift until I was about 14, and starting to get a bit big for it. Once the guys in the queue started taking the piss by saying "you could gie me a lift son", it was time to start paying in.

I mind the first time I got asked by a nipper to lift him over - I felt like feckin Methuselah.

those were the days and beer 1/9p a pint.

aye and a fish supper was less than two bob ,20 fags were only about three bob ,and you could get a suit in the city cash tailors for three pound and three shillings or you could go into jackson the tailors and get a made to measure for six notes ,aye .