David Goodwillie

Rangers Lady

Just can't get my head around the money we were willing to spend on him, Never seen him do anything that Miller hasn't done, he looked woeful tonight and has done nothing at Blackburn.

Why did we not trade Whittaker or pay a fraction of the fee set aside for Goodwille and take Miller back..

I'm not wanting to be negative, I love the club and prefer to air a positive view no matter what we face.

We need a striker and Kenny wanted to come back.. My view is he has more to offer than Davie G

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't seem very willing. We probably dodged a bullet here tbh. You have to very careful signing players from teams as poor as the ones we compete against domestically. It's not difficult for average joes to look like world beaters

He didn't look very good tonight in my opinion. His work rate towards the end of the match was poor and his decision-making isn't very good. He seems like quite a greedy player at times but he does have some ability. Miller's definitely the superior player at this moment in time but hopefully Goodwillie can continue to grow as a player and surpass Miller's level of ability.

There's no guarantee that we were willing to spend it.

Surely biding nearly 3million shows we were willing to spend...

Anderlecht and Dundee United both comfirmed two offers and the Anderlecht one was something like 3.5million and the Goodwillie one was 2million+add ons.

Goodwillie is shite, I've watched one game of him playing the lone striker role but I've made up my mind. Yes, he's only 22 and has indeed won the SPL Young Player of the year twice in a row. And okay he did finish with the highest amount of assists in the SPL and also bagged 19 goals. But he's shite.

Yes, he did make the move to an EPL side, but he's shite. That's it.

Shite.

Anderlecht and Dundee United both comfirmed two offers and the Anderlecht one was something like 3.5million and the Goodwillie one was 2million+add ons.

Well it made it look that way, perhaps the intention

Bids mean nowt if there's nothing to show for them.

Goodwillie is shite, I've watched one game of him playing the lone striker role but I've made up my mind. Yes, he's only 22 and has indeed won the SPL Young Player of the year twice in a row. And okay he did finish with the highest amount of assists in the SPL and also bagged 19 goals. But he's shite.

Shite.

You seen the state of the Blackburn side that he doesn't get a game for?

Shite.

Are you being sarcastic? :D

Shite.

No mate, he's fat and he did shite playing up front on his own on his first competitive start for Scotland. He's shite.

And see that Naismith, yeah he scored a good goal but did you see the rest of the game. He's shite.

everyone keeps talking about goodwillie's potential. How we'd get many years of this and guaranteed profit from him etc

there has been absolutely nothing to prove this of goodwillie whatsoever. Unless people are willing to claim that Adam rooney and Connor sammon were in the same bracket seeing as they scored in the spl

tonight he was god awful. No first touch, poor passing, movement up front was awful. There was one attack at the end where he was the only guy in the box and instead of moving to boy available space he ran to where 3 defenders were :lol:

everyone keeps talking about goodwillie's potential. How we'd get many years of this and guaranteed profit from him etc

there has been absolutely nothing to prove this of goodwillie whatsoever. Unless people are willing to claim that Adam rooney and Connor sammon were in the same bracket seeing as they scored in the spl

tonight he was god awful. No first touch, poor passing, movement up front was awful. There was one attack at the end where he was the only guy in the box and instead of moving to boy available space he ran to where 3 defenders were :lol:

Yeah mate, he's shite. Didn't you hear. Let's forget about every game he's ever done well in.

He was playing up front on his own. If he came to us he would be playing with Jelavic up front or Lafferty, he would have scored goals for us.

so for people to say thank fuck he didn't sign just because he didn't play brilliant the night, are clueless or just bitter that we never got him.

Some of our fans reactions, after one match of a young boy playing his first competitive debut in a lone striker role which he is not suited to, are nothing short of embarrassing.

you talk as if we have never seen him play before :dry:

I've seen him a number of times now both while at games and on the telly and i simply cannot see the fuss, that would kinda be backed up by the fact that it was only blackburn that were after him. And we all know how much of a tit their gaffer is. If goodwillie was better the likes of villa, etc would have went for him