Bbc Scotland

covenanter

BBC London threatening BBC Scotland with the big stick over the "editing problem" that arose with Ally McCoist's responses to questions on sectarianism, led to a deserved apology being issued from Pacific Quay. Having watched BBC Scotland's approaches to matters Rangers over the last several years, I thought there would be a price to pay.

BBC Scotland's Newsnicht programme has been at the forefront of the one sided debate on sectarianism, 'it's all Rangers fault'. Who can forget the bouncing ball on sctreen over the lyrics of the famine song? The broadcast assurances that Rangers would be reported to UEFA/SPL Observer/Match Commander? The recycled footage in the wake of a Sellik supporter attacking a Bear with a hammer outside Ibrox, lot's of angry gesticulating Bears with no explanation of events, .....etc?

Graham Spiers has made several contributions to Newsnicht, thus you would expect after yesterday's appearance in front of the Justice Committee that Graham would be sitting there last evening in all his corduroy splendor? Did not happen, no mention of yesterday's events in front of MSPs. Further, BBC Scotland did NOT report events at all on Reporting Scotland, there flagship news programme. There are 18 stories on Ceefax at the moment pertaining to Scotland, not one of them on yesterday's happenings on sectarianism.

Could it be Spiers contribution was a rambling embarrassment? Could it be that what was said was off-message ie it's not all Rangers fault?

We should be told.

why dont rangers do it

were rangers go the fans will follow

A good question but Rangers FC wouldn't organise a protest. They would be more likely to get involved in dialogue privately with the likes of Ian Small or higher up the chain in London.

We the fans are the only ones who can make our displeasure known vocally and visually and put real pressure on these organisations.

The club has to adhere to certain "politics" but i do agree that some guidance shall we say has been lacking for years not just now.

I have been to two BBC protests and the apathy is frightening. All we appear to be good at is sitting at a keyboard moaning and whinging.

They get out and fight to destroy us but we don't appear willing to get out and defend ourselves.

A good question but Rangers FC wouldn't organise a protest. They would be more likely to get involved in dialogue privately with the likes of Ian Small or higher up the chain in London.

We the fans are the only ones who can make our displeasure known vocally and visually and put real pressure on these organisations.

The club has to adhere to certain "politics" but i do agree that some guidance shall we say has been lacking for years not just now.

I have been to two BBC protests and the apathy is frightening. All we appear to be good at is sitting at a keyboard moaning and whinging.

They get out and fight to destroy us but we don't appear willing to get out and defend ourselves.

The undelined section could be taken directly out of a scene from The Life Of Brian.

Apathy is what got us into this mess in the first instance.

Or we could get up off our collective arses. Get all the fans sites and RSC's together and DEMAND ANSWERS from a publicly funded and accountable organisation.

Just a thought.

I agree completely with this, however difficult it would be to organise. WE need to make a stand on these matters.

I agree completely with this, however difficult it would be to organise. WE need to make a stand on these matters.

Organising them isn't difficult as i have been involved in the two that Vanguard did.

Getting other people and fans groups to join you or indeed just getting fans to give up 30 mins of their routine is almost impossible.

Organising them isn't difficult as i have been involved in the two that Vanguard did.

Getting other people and fans groups to join you or indeed just getting fans to give up 30 mins of their routine is almost impossible.

At least in part because of the baggage that is attached to various supporter groups.

I'll having nothing to do with anything FF, by way of example. And I mean nothing after the hi-jacking of the RST

At least in part because of the baggage that is attached to various supporter groups.

I'll having nothing to do with anything FF, by way of example. And I mean nothing after the hi-jacking of the RST

Normally i would agree but if the end result was a positive for Rangers or the fans then i would back it so long as it was organised properly and against the right people or company.

If it was to boost a site or an individuals profile then it would be an emphatic no.

And on the BBC itself why haven't we as a club or a fanbase asked the BBC who it was who did the McCoist editing? Why they did it and what disciplinary action was taken against them for doing so?

Why have we just let them off with it.

i have stopped paying my license since about 6 months ago, when they finally contact me i will let them no in plain terms that i refuse to fund a bigoyed company.

all gers fans should stop paying the fee imediately. im sure this would get there attention and heads would soon start to roll.

Or we could get up off our collective arses. Get all the fans sites and RSC's together and DEMAND ANSWERS from a publicly funded and accountable organisation.

Just a thought.

What difference is this going to make? They are tims and thats it, they are not going to change.

Normally i would agree but if the end result was a positive for Rangers or the fans then i would back it so long as it was organised properly and against the right people or company.

If it was to boost a site or an individuals profile then it would be an emphatic no.

And on the BBC itself why haven't we as a club or a fanbase asked the BBC who it was who did the McCoist editing? Why they did it and what disciplinary action was taken against them for doing so?

Why have we just let them off with it.

They would never release this kind of information to a member of the public. Disciplinary procedures are covered by the Data Protection Act.

They would never release this kind of information to a member of the public. Disciplinary procedures are covered by the Data Protection Act.

At the very least we should know if disciplinary action was taken or not. The BBC told us they allegedly did it to one of their employees who doctored a photograph of Kevin Thompson.

At the very least we should know if disciplinary action was taken or not. The BBC told us they allegedly did it to one of their employees who doctored a photograph of Kevin Thompson.

Yes. They COULD tell you that someone was disciplined. But they could tell ye that anyway, even if nobody was disciplined.