Minutes Silence

Gaffbear

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with us or football, so it's a no from me.

I tend to agree with you.

Anniversaries of Lockerbie, or even Omagh, Enniskillen etc. probably won't be marked, so there's no reason that 9/11 should be, I suppose.

However, these things are usually governed by illogical influences, so we might be under pressure to do it.

This is an anniversary though. It's different than showing respect for a contemporary disaster/atrocity.

Not by me it isn't.

There was a train crash in China which killed 40 people the same week as the bombings and shootings in Norway, yet no silence for that. It's all bollocks.

As mentioned, we don't perform a minutes silence for those who died in the Lockerbie atrocity; those murdered by the IRA; those murdered by Coalition soldiers as a result of torture in Abu Ghraib; the thousands who are dying in Africa right now.

This event is no bigger than any of the above sad events in our history and so we shouldn't have a minutes silence on Sat. Keep football separate from the shit things going on in the World.

Because you said that any other view than supporting a minute's silence was simply twisted.

How much more stupid can you get?

Showing a mark of respect whether it be a minute applause or a minute silence for 9/11 is common human decency, whats your motive for not showing it ?