Would You Want Ally To Stand Down...

Sheikh Salim

248 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Ally to leave then, If we lost the league by a point this season. However assume by the end of the season we are playing the type of football we yearn for, and can maybe see a bright future if we persist?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wouldn't want him to stand down if we were playing good football, however...some might argue that Scum FC have been playing semi-attractive football without much return for the last 3 years, i would rather be in our position than theirs (in every possible way).

So, play good football and lose the league once is probably bearable, but after that we'd need to win it i think. If we lost 2 in a row then it's probably over for Ally (unless we do something special in the Europa cup, like win it).

I voted "no" but it is with certain circumstances.

If our performances are good and our standard of football is a big improvement from last season but we get pipped to the League by a few points but win the other cup then I'd give him another season.

If our performances don't improve and we lose the league easily then obviously yes.

If we make genuine progress in terms of standard of football this year then I would be willing to give him time. If we go out of the other cup competition though I would seriosly have my concerns about him possibly taking us into European Qualification next year.

I'll say if we make it to still January top of the League then that window will be his biggest test. Shipping deadwood like Healy, McCulloch and Kerkar should be his first priority along with keeping our key players and bringing in a few loan deals. I think the January window will have a big bearing on Ally's reign.

also Walter didnt win the league in his first season, then look what happened afterwards? give Ally time

WATP :uk:

Different circumstances really, fixture congestion was horrendous with our cup runs, plus we were on the back of losing two titles to Celtic by a mile. With our early cup exits fixture congestion is the last thing we'll be needing to worry about, and Ally's coming in off the back of winning three in a row.

Perhaps if Celtic had signed some quality and looked like an improved side i'd accept we couldn't just expect to win the league considering our spending wasn't huge, but if anything they look worse. Even if it is one point i'd still consider losing the title to them a big failure.

The fact that he still plays lee mculloch in the team when every one can see he slows down the team is worrying!!If we would play a better brand of football and lost the league i would keep him but the football brand isnt that good.

Would see no reason for ally to step down, our strongest 11 should win the league no problems the manager just needs to start with the best team available and ditch the old pals act so to speak

Theres a few squad players i'd like replaced time will tell if our hands are tied. If we can replace mcculloch broadfoot and helay with players in the mould (cash wise) of goian, boca and mckay it will enhance our squad greatly, but it wont happen in januray probaly the summer.

Super ally:crabflute:

I strongly believe 2 full seasons (pre-seasons included) is enough to gauge if a manager will do it, it doesn't mean after those 2 seasons you are winning it all but it could simply be enough time to show progress is being made.

By that time we could have lost 40 million in European money and facing financial meltdown.

By that time we could have lost 40 million in European money and facing financial meltdown.

No club should be depending on European money to save them from financial meltdown. Infact, I'm sure it's already been stated that Rangers FC, like most other clubs, don't include (potential) European income when forecasting their budgets.

After some very serious consideration, I voted No.

It's actually a very difficult one to answer, as we could be looking at a potentially skillful and entertaining team by the end of the season, yet lose the league. It would be crazy in those circumstances to let the Manager go. It's also difficult to say how Ally will do in Europe next season as there are so many factors to consider. For me, Europe came too early this season for a new manager and a new owner who were both only in the hot seat for a couple of months.

The most important thing in all this, in my humble opinion is, are the players prepared to fight for, and support Ally, in the same manner as the majority of the fans are?

And it is a majority. Even on this Forum, it's always a very small minority who are criticising Ally (and Craig Whyte). Thankfully.

I voted yes....I don't see how by improving our quality of football we would end up going backwards? Also I certainly don't see how going backwards by losing 4IAR, letting them have it for a year and then potentially winning it back would be progress.

This is a results business and Ally knows what he is in for, he is one of us after all. However, a season is long enough to gauge if someone is up to the job and before anyone mentions Mr Smith, he already had a track record as a very successful manager to buy him time.

Before I get bashed with the I'm a better Rangers fan stick because this is completely hypothetical based on us failing. I don't personally believe it will come to this and can see us winning the league by some distance!

I voted yes....I don't see how by improving our quality of football we would end up going backwards? Also I certainly don't see how going backwards by losing 4IAR, letting them have it for a year and then potentially winning it back would be progress.

This is a results business and Ally knows what he is in for, he is one of us after all. However, a season is long enough to gauge if someone is up to the job and before anyone mentions Mr Smith, he already had a track record as a very successful manager to buy him time.

Before I get bashed with the I'm a better Rangers fan stick because this is completely hypothetical based on us failing. I don't personally believe it will come to this and can see us winning the league by some distance!

Spot on for being honest, (tu) , even though I disagree.

:crabflute: the word failure is not in my book never has been never will be ,if we lose the league by one point or ten it will be a disaster because it will let septic gain the upperhand and it will be fucking hard to get it back ,those bastards at septic shite hoose want to see us buried as for our manager its a results buisenes and if he fucks up then its out with him .

Three year apprenticeship under Walter, one season post graduate. If we are showing signs of Barcelona-esq football then no way would i want him sacked, however if we are playing Wednesday night type football and lost the league then................