Would You Want Ally To Stand Down...

Sheikh Salim

248 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Ally to leave then, If we lost the league by a point this season. However assume by the end of the season we are playing the type of football we yearn for, and can maybe see a bright future if we persist?

Now this isn't to stir up controversy, this is to get an honest opinion of what people want. Some people want McCoist gone now, I personally would give him till the end of the season, and if I like what I see, beyond, even if we lost the league. Bearing in mind the fans strive for utmost success every time, what would your reactiion be to the above scenario?

And keep it clean folks, we all have differinng opinions. Please also post your opinion based on your vote preference.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to say yes but if he was trying to get us to play a better brand of football and it was just inconsistent enough for us to lose out eventually but with much promise I would want him to stay. Can't say the football so far has been anywhere near the required standard though.

personally i think he deserves 3 or 4 yrs to try and build a team that we all want to see(winning while playing football).

i also think it takes atleast 2 seasons for a manager to put his stamp on a club as for they first 2 yrs he is still working with the majority of the prvious managers squad.

i also believe that a manager should appoint his own youth coaches/scouts ect and look to build his idea of the way to bring players through at the club(though this rarely seems to happen).

for me saf is the best manager in football, yet it took him 5 yrs to win his first trophy, which was followed by 20 yrs of unmatched success.

i believe in ally and id rather he failed than bring in another cunt who may also fail. there is no gaurantees that a diff manager would do a better job.

personally i think he deserves 3 or 4 yrs to try and build a team that we all want to see(winning while playing football).

i also think it takes atleast 2 seasons for a manager to put his stamp on a club as for they first 2 yrs he is still working with the majority of the prvious managers squad.

i also believe that a manager should appoint his own youth coaches/scouts ect and look to build his idea of the way to bring players through at the club(though this rarely seems to happen).

for me saf is the best manager in football, yet it took him 5 yrs to win his first trophy, which was followed by 20 yrs of unmatched success.

i believe in ally and id rather he failed than bring in another cunt who may also fail. there is no gaurantees that a diff manager would do a better job.

Unfortunately this just would never ever happen.

I had to say yes but if he was trying to get us to play a better brand of football and it was just inconsistent enough for us to lose out eventually but with much promise I would want him to stay. Can't say the football so far has been anywhere near the required standard though.

the problem is he is under to much presure to win instantly which doesnt afford the luxuary of trying to mold a team the way you would idealy like them to play.

Wooft. Difficult question. I honestly couldn't answer that right now because there are two many variables involved. For instance, if we lost it by 20 points it would be a definite 'yes'. If we lost it by 1 point, it could, possibly, be a 'no'. :cool:

Unfortunately this just would never ever happen.

i know m8, but i wish our support would see that this is the best way to build for the future. to start producing gr8 young players and get a team together that can all play to the style you want takes time. it is totally unrealistic to expect a manager to produce a good team which differs from the previous managers team in the first yr.

until this happens i think it will be yrs until we see a team who plays good football and wins.until said time we will either see a winning team that isnt easy on the eye or a attrctive team that may not win things. BOTH TAKE TIME TO GET TOGETHER.

i know m8, but i wish our support would see that this is the best way to build for the future. to start producing gr8 young players and get a team together that can all play to the style you want takes time. it is totally unrealistic to expect a manager to produce a good team which differs from the previous managers team in the first yr.

until this happens i think it will be yrs until we see a team who plays good football and wins.until said time we will either see a winning team that isnt easy on the eye or a attrctive team that may not win things. BOTH TAKE TIME TO GET TOGETHER.

Tbh I don't know if i could sacrifice 4 or 5 years either. 2 years I think is enough time to change a team to the way you want it.

Tbh I don't know if i could sacrifice 4 or 5 years either. 2 years I think is enough time to change a team to the way you want it.

tbh i dnt think i could handle 4 or 5 yrs of losing either. 1 yr is hard enough to accept, it would be alot easier if say we still win 1 or 2 lgs from the 4 yrs and some cups.

my point is i think we need ally to be allowed to put together a 3 yr plan to takes us forward and make our future brighter.

for the last 5-10 yrs we are lookig no futher than the present and i would like this attitude to change.

tbh i dnt think i could handle 4 or 5 yrs of losing either. 1 yr is hard enough to accept, it would be alot easier if say we still win 1 or 2 lgs from the 4 yrs and some cups.

my point is i think we need ally to be allowed to put together a 3 yr plan to takes us forward and make our future brighter.

for the last 5-10 yrs we are lookig no futher than the present and i would like this attitude to change.

Couldn't agree more. We need to plan further ahead than the current season

If we don't win the league this season then it's been a disastrous one, even if we do lose it on the last day to a 97th minute goal that was 3 yards in front of the line and we've been playing Barcelona-esque football from now until that day.

We've been thoroughly embarrassed in Europe and now the League Cup but we are in a great position league-wise, which is obviously the most important competition.

I'd only get rid of McCoist if we have someone better to come in, and I'm not sure we have the finances/the appeal at the moment to get someone who could be better than Ally. I think he has the makings of a good manager, even though he's failed to show it for a decent amount of this season.

It depends on how we lost it. A point behind because we consistently performed worse than a poor Celtic team, or a point behind because we blew a big lead in the last couple of months, or a point behind in a dramatic race to the finish like 02/03 would all leave quite different impressions.