Offensive Chanting At International Matches.

thebooler

That's the very reason it won't lead to prosecution.

Yet you'll often hear how wrong it is to sing about more recent battles.

We should sing a song about Scotland and Englands most recent and controversial battle. The battle of who has the biggest tit running the country. Or is that to offensive?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't implying anything with the question I asked. It was simply a question out of curiosity.

Don't put words into my e-mouth please, *Manticore*.

Yet it would seem that my questions do imply something...

And suggesting that 'if you decide' something is somehow putting words into your mouth?

You don't do irony do you?

Yet it would seem that my questions do imply something...

And suggesting that 'if you decide' something is somehow putting words into your mouth?

You don't do irony do you?

doh you get some people on internet forums who talk some amount of rubbish. They type so eloquently and aggressively, attempting to humiliate the poster they are posing questions towards. You are one of these people *Manticore*.

I would be seriously surprised if in reality, you could orate half as well as you type on here.

(tu)

doh you get some people on internet forums who talk some amount of rubbish. They type so eloquently and aggressively, attempting to humiliate the poster they are posing questions towards. You are one of these people *Manticore*.

I would be seriously surprised if in reality, you could orate half as well as you type on here.

(tu)

OK. What do you think should happen to football fans who offend the English by chanting offensive songs such as Flower Of Scotland at a football match?

OK. What do you think should happen to football fans who offend the English by chanting offensive songs such as Flower Of Scotland at a football match?

I think legislation currently exists for any offence someone could commit at a football match. If deemed illegal according to properly enforced legislation, they should be arrested and charged for whatever offence they are deemed to have committed, much like they would be if they committed that offence outside a football stadium.

Unfortunately, we have an incompetent police force and stewards who are being asked to perform roles they are not trained to perform, hence why we have issues like Tuesday night in BF1 occurring.

I think legislation currently exists for any offence someone could commit at a football match. If deemed illegal according to properly enforced legislation, they should be arrested and charged for whatever offence they are deemed to have committed, much like they would be if they committed that offence outside a football stadium.

Unfortunately, we have an incompetent police force and stewards who are being asked to perform roles they are not trained to perform, hence why we have issues like Tuesday night in BF1 occurring.

And ye talk aboot Manticore's posting style?

Should they be arrested?

How about a Yes or a No?

And ye talk aboot Manticore's posting style?

Should they be arrested?

How about a Yes or a No?

Clarify your question without dressing it up. Some questions can't be answered with simply a yes or no. If you're asking whether I think someone who commits a crime in a football stadium should be arrested the answer is yes.

Clarify your question without dressing it up. Some questions can't be answered with simply a yes or no. If you're asking whether I think someone who commits a crime in a football stadium should be arrested the answer is yes.

Offensive singing and shouting at a football match is a crime. So how long do you think it will be before the Scotland fans are asked to refrain from offending the English?

Inaccurate. Racist chanting is a crime. Bigoted chanting is a crime. Sectarian chanting is a crime.

Incorrect. Did you not see the STV News last night? If not, then try to see it on the IPlayer........................the bit about the Hibs fans and the Chief of Police.

Anyone singing or shouting anything offensive at a football match will be hunted down and arrested.

Flower Of Scotland is racist to an Engishman.

Glad you're getting the picture now.

Incorrect. Did you not see the STV News last night? If not, then try to see it on the IPlayer........................the bit about the Hibs fans and the Chief of Police.

Anyone singing or shouting anything offensive at a football match will be hunted down and arrested.

Flower Of Scotland is racist to an Engishman.

Glad you're getting the picture now.

doh so you want to bring in those new laws before our Parliament has even voted on them and the legislation has even been ratified? I haven't seen the report on the News, I'll give it a watch but I doubt I'll see anything that will come as a surprise. I've already discussed imcompetent police :).

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Flower of Scotland being racist to an Englishman. How is it racist to sing about sending an invading army home ? :lol:. Please paint this picture further for me, are you the Ayrshire Picasso? :lol:.

Uh, it's not offensive to this Englishman. :lol:

You don't coont. :lol:

Actually, you make a good point here. It's not offensive to you, but it is offensive to others. Will the courts have to bring in everyone who was offended by the song when folk go to trial?O r will it just be the word of a Policeman that it is offensive?

doh so you want to bring in those new laws before our Parliament has even voted on them and the legislation has even been ratified? I haven't seen the report on the News, I'll give it a watch but I doubt I'll see anything that will come as a surprise. I've already discussed imcompetent police :).

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Flower of Scotland being racist to an Englishman. How is it racist to sing about sending an invading army home ? :lol:. Please paint this picture further for me, are you the Ayrshire Picasso? :lol:.

I don't think it is, and that's the point I'm trying tae fuckin make.

I also don't think it's offensive to send the hungry mob back home either.

And this is nothing to do with the new laws. It's already covered in the current laws.

But if 1 Englishman finds it offensive then these new legislations state it is offensive so thats it.

Thank fuck somebody can follow this. A wiz beginning tae think a had lost ma fuckin marbles there.

Now we have Englishmen who are offended by the song, and Englishmen who are not offended by the song.

WHO has to decide if I am committing a crime by singing the song at Hampden? Or am I not committing a crime because the SNP say it's not offensive..................................even if it is to some!

Thank fuck somebody can follow this. A wiz beginning tae think a had lost ma fuckin marbles there.

Now we have Englishmen who are offended by the song, and Englishmen who are not offended by the song.

WHO has to decide if I am committing a crime by singing the song at Hampden? Or am I not committing as crime because the SNP say it's not offensive..................................even if it is to some!

You see this is where people are not geting it. Its if something offends 1 person then its offensive.

Seriously Booler i walked into the old firm game signalled to a taig he was a wanker and before i had even got to my seat the screws wanted to throw me out as it may have offended said taig who btw is around 20 and goes to the games with his old dear :lol: