Carlos Bocanegra

dee9

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But but hes a 500k has EPL has been who wasnae even getting a game in a french diddy team...

CAPTAIN AMERICA smiley-gen014.gif

PANIC BUY!

:rolleyes:

I wasn't overly impressed when we signed him and thought he was quite poor in the Euro game, but since then he has fitted in well and overall been a good signing.

Is there a short list of who wasn't poor in Euro games?

Keep in mind that Boca was jetting around getting his paper work before flying in the same day to jump in with a brand new team.

I was against the signing, but to be fair he's strolled the spl so far and he and goian look the part, although I always say lets judge players after 30-40 games rather than 10, pedro mendes looked the part for 10 games then faded and remained pretty much invisible in most games after that.

That said credit where credits due, our centre backs are performing admirably and the biggest improvement for me is level of distribution from our defence, both boca and goian can pick a pass and look really comfortable on the ball. Much better than Weir and Boogie at playing the ball out of defence.

Negative points? I don't want to be too harsh as they've both done really well, but goian is not much quicker than Davie Weir and a couple of times I've watched bocanegra his positioning hasn't been the best I think those 2 things are the reason why neither made a massive impact in the big leagues.

In my lifetime the best defensive partnership i've seen was Cuellar and Weir (including 9 in a row) and I think it will be some time before we see a CB partnership who can defend to the level that those two did as we reached the uefa cup final, but I tell you what Goian and Boca have hit the ground running and look like they've been playing together for years, keep it up guys!

I'm delighted to eat crow since I was a little bit skeptical of him signing with Rangers. The concerns I had of his game are nowhere to be found as of yet.

Looks like he's been in that backline for years

The biggest plus for Bocanrgra is that he knows he has got a guy beside him who can get him an "out" if he gets in trouble. When he needs it, he gives it to Goian who plays the ball out of defence, and when he hasn't, he hoofs it to safety.

At this point in time, they are an excellent pairing..

Bocanegra is vastly underrated as a footballer.