Would You Support A Protest Of The Bbc

Adoniram

209 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join the protest

• Yes
    • No

I can't believe some of the crap I'm reading on here. I'm 42 and have watched Rangers for most of that time. I've also watched media coverage throughout and it's utterly farcical to suggest that there is some kind of BBC agenda against Rangers. For those that say there have been no equivalent outrages against Celtic, you only have to listen to one of their fans chunter on for 5 minutes to get a glimpse of true paranoia. I've seen poor reporting on any number of issues, but for me this centres entirely on Whyte, and for all I know he might be as bad for the club as some have suggested. I'm not going to support him just because he happens to have bought Rangers - I have no idea what his motives may have been. I'm certainly not going to join some laughable protest against the BBC in a ludicrous show of solidarity with him. I'll continue to support Rangers without embarassing the club.

I am 20 years your senior and have been attending Ibrox for 59 of my years I also attended the two previous protests and will be there for this one Iwould also remind everyone that photos of the other protests from inside Pacific Quay somehow strangely ended up being posted on Yahoo message boards I wonder how that could have happened? Now where is that sarcastic button?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe some of the crap I'm reading on here. I'm 42 and have watched Rangers for most of that time. I've also watched media coverage throughout and it's utterly farcical to suggest that there is some kind of BBC agenda against Rangers. For those that say there have been no equivalent outrages against Celtic, you only have to listen to one of their fans chunter on for 5 minutes to get a glimpse of true paranoia. I've seen poor reporting on any number of issues, but for me this centres entirely on Whyte, and for all I know he might be as bad for the club as some have suggested. I'm not going to support him just because he happens to have bought Rangers - I have no idea what his motives may have been. I'm certainly not going to join some laughable protest against the BBC in a ludicrous show of solidarity with him. I'll continue to support Rangers without embarassing the club.

I would love to hear you answer the questions Frankie has put to you.

I do find it odd that yourself and a few others have decided to join our forum , not after previous seasons success against all odds, during the takeover or after our elimination from Europe.

Only now after last nights hatchet job on our new chairman to you decide to enter the discussion and dismiss most of our views.

So please take the time to answer a highly regarded member of our forum's questions.

WATP

I would love to hear you answer the questions Frankie has put to you.

I do find it odd that yourself and a few others have decided to join our forum , not after previous seasons success against all odds, during the takeover or after our elimination from Europe.

Only now after last nights hatchet job on our new chairman to you decide to enter the discussion and dismiss most of our views.

So please take the time to answer a highly regarded member of our forum's questions.

WATP

I would have more respect for all the posters who do not believe in it if they could answer Frankie's questions. I may not necessarily agree with them but i would respect them a bit more rather than just stating we are all paranoid and it's a lot of nonsense etc.

I would have more respect for all the posters who do not believe in it if they could answer Frankie's questions. I may not necessarily agree with them but i would respect them a bit more rather than just stating we are all paranoid and it's a lot of nonsense etc.

Couldn't agree more mate.

I would love to hear some one contest these facts.

Couldn't agree more mate.

I would love to hear some one contest these facts.

Stuart Cosgrove has admitted they are top heavy with Celtic minded employees

A senior Producer/Editor has deliberately edited footage to smear our manager

The BBC themselves (In London) admitted to "institutionalised bias" within its ranks

You then put Frankie's list of points along with the more saliant ones from our dossier and to me it is clear that the BBC in Scotland are not being fair or impartial with their treatment of Rangers or the fans.

No - cant see what it would achieve or even hope to achieve. I dont buy all this conspiracy stuff and I am rather dissapointed at how the club have handled this and the timing of it prior to Thursday. Paranoia should be left where we expect it - across the city and not in the leadership of our club.

This really annoys me. How can you not see it. They edit one of McCoists interviews. Nicky cambell employed by BBC says that he thinks the hearts fan that attacked lennon was really a Rangers fan. And then some BBC reporter on twitter mentions something about it's orange crush time at Ibrox.

And plus over the years they have done many other things like highlight the songs the Rangers support sing. When there is nothing about ra Sellicks IRA songs.

and just recently highlighted Steven naismiths elbow on Austin McCann that he got banned for but, never highlighted Gary Hoopers elbow 2 weeks before.

And remember the alan McGregor incident against the sheep? where it looked like he tried to kick Chris McGuire but missed him? they highlighted that several times and he got banned for that aswell. So obviosuly you don't pay to much attention.

I'm 34 and have watched Rangers for most of that time. I, too, have anecdotal evidence of fans from other clubs moaning about media coverage and they often have a point. Ergo, I'm strongly of the opinion that the media per se are not anti-Rangers but simply incompetent vultures looking for the next story which they can exaggerate to make money.

That does not apply to BBC Scotland as my earlier posts have pointed out. As such, I put the same ten questions to you as the other protest critics in this thread - you'll, of course, note none of these questions 'centre entirely on Whyte':

Why are 'neutral' sectarianism stories presented outside Ibrox?

Why are stories about 'letter bombs to the Celtic manager' presented outside Ibrox?

Why was our manager made to look like a fool with regard to sectarianism?

Why, in the same report, do the organisation show our fans singing sectarian songs while showing Celtic fans carrying anti-racism banners?

Why do the organisation choose to cover some sectarianism stories and not others?

Why do they have 'karaoke' lyrics for offensive RFC songs and not others?

Why are radio/TV debates not presented properly and in a balanced fashion (see Graham Spiers radio docu)?

Why does Stuart Cosgrove suggest problems of bias?

Why have Rangers had three examples of editorial problems this season alone?

Can you please show me where other clubs have had similar imbalanced coverage?

If we are paranoid embarrassments, then these really should be simple questions to answer. I'm surprised nobody has managed to do this so far - hopefully you'll be able to.

:)

"Rangers fans who say "i don't buy into all this anti Rangers stuff from the BBC" They really Annoy me. There probably the same people who go to Ibrox and do fuck all a part go to the pie stalls about 10 fucking time in the 1st half, then go to the bog non stop and don't even watch the game. There probably the same people who don't pay any attention to the media, don't listen to phone ins like Clyde1 etc.

Funny how they can't answer these though eh?

This really annoys me. How can you not see it. They edit one of McCoists interviews. Nicky cambell employed by BBC says that he thinks the hearts fan that attacked lennon was really a Rangers fan. And then some BBC reporter on twitter mentions something about it's orange crush time at Ibrox.

And plus over the years they have done many other things like highlight the songs the Rangers support sing. When there is nothing about ra Sellicks IRA songs.

and just recently highlighted Steven naismiths elbow on Austin McCann that he got banned for but, never highlighted Gary Hoopers elbow 2 weeks before.

And remember the alan McGregor incident against the sheep? where it looked like he tried to kick Chris McGuire but missed him? they highlighted that several times and he got banned for that aswell. So obviosuly you don't pay to much attention.

I would rather leave all that paranoia where it belongs - at the other side of the city.

.... and there are many things in the world that are more worthy of my angst

Care to list some of them?

You want to know whats worthy of my angst...

... How we are run by a Tory Goverment where most of the Cabinet are Multi Millionaires and have no fking clue about what there policies are doing for life at the poorer end of the spectrum

.. The number of people in Scotland that will actually DIE through fuel poverty over the winter

... How is my friends family coping after losing my mate to Cancer at the age of 52

I could go on - and yes, I would rather the BBC spent its money looking at these topics rather than Rangers but I accept they are news worthy.

Football is my hobby, love it, love watching Rangers, Love winning, Love getting one over on my declan mates...

Would I go to war for it - No. Do I worry about the future of the club - absoluutely. Am I going to get myself worked into a lather due to some percieved bias against the club - NO!

You want to know whats worthy of my angst...

... How we are run by a Tory Goverment where most of the Cabinet are Multi Millionaires and have no fking clue about what there policies are doing for life at the poorer end of the spectrum

.. The number of people in Scotland that will actually DIE through fuel poverty over the winter

... How is my friends family coping after losing my mate to Cancer at the age of 52

I could go on - and yes, I would rather the BBC spent its money looking at these topics rather than Rangers but I accept they are news worthy.

Football is my hobby, love it, love watching Rangers, Love winning, Love getting one over on my declan mates...

Would I go to war for it - No. Do I worry about the future of the club - absoluutely. Am I going to get myself worked into a lather due to some percieved bias against the club - NO!

Sorry to hear about your mate (RIP), as for the rest - well, as this is a Rangers football forum they've be best left at the door when you enter the Bears Den.

Your phrase "perceived bias" ('i' befoer 'e' except after 'c' :rolleyes: ) speaks volumes though - there is nothing perceived about it.

Many on here have, over the years, listed various instances where BBC Scotland has treated Rangers-related stories completely differently from those of other football clubs (or businesses) in Scotland - particlarly those involving Nonce FC.

You decide to ignore these facts.

I can't help that.

I saw the prog. as a doc. against Craig Whyte,not Rangers. If he was banned from running a company for 7 years,fuck knows what he's up to.If this great club goes belly-up,he's the first in-line to get reddies. Looks like that's what happened before to other companies that he has been in charge of.

Just remember big Ham and Egg left after years of dignified service and that was Whyte's fault,not Rangers.