Ally Keen On New Contract For Lafferty

glasgowbear

RANGERS are set to offer Kyle Lafferty a new deal.

Officials from the Ibrox club will sit down with the Irishman’s representatives soon in a bid to get the striker to extend his stay beyond next season.

The Gers are desperate to sort something out with Lafferty well in advance of him running down his existing contract.

“I’m really keen to see him extend his deal,” said manager Ally McCoist. “And I’m hopeful we can do that.

“It’s important we get talks underway and with him having said he would like to stay I would like us to sit down with his people and look at it all. I don’t want to lose him.”

McCoist has been a long-time supporter of his previously wayward star but has been delighted at the 24-year-old’s growing maturity and influence on the team.

“I know Kyle’s had both fans and critics in the past and he is what he is but I’ve seen a steady improvement and there’s a lot more to come,” added McCoist.

“He has a very good goalscoring record here.

“And I think he will get better still. There are plenty more goals and good games to come from Laff and I want them to be here.”

The striker’s contract doesn’t run out until 2013 but there’s no way McCoist or Rangers will hang about till then to sort out his future.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...erty-contract?

What? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's been a totally different player up top now instead of on the left.

scored a few good goals i will give him that but imo his performances in general have still been poor , touch and link up play isnt good at all .

his goals have over shaddowed his poor performances .

i would maybe give him a new contract but he should be nothing more than a squad player imo and should have signed a better striker in the summer window to play up top with jelavic

Would be madness to offer him a new deal. Worse than Tore Andre Flo in many ways as we spent money on Kyle when we could not afford it. Elephants have a better first touch etc

Looks like we couldn't afford to pay what we did for Tore Andre Flo either.....

One min he is public enemy number 1 the next he is a hero,would love to know how much he is on and how much we would have to give for new contract and weigh up the options of how much we could get for him in current market.I like big laff but the club needs to look at every deal now as a good buisness deal for us first and foremost.Any idea's on above figures?

tore andre flo cost 12 million and was sold for 8.2 - 3.8 million net loss

played 53 games and scored 29 (TWENTY NINE!) goals

and the press keep banging on about how he is the worst signing ever, so much so, its even being repeated by rangers fans on rangers websites.

see also van vossens miss in a game that was already won - it was a howler but it didnt make any difference to the result, in the grand scheme of things meant nothing.

but again the press keep banging on about how it is the worst miss ever (incidentally van vossen played more times, and scored more goals,for the dutch national team than he did for rangers). there have been other open goals missed that did effect the result of the match but we dont hear about them at all.

okay it was good to get that off my chest.

tore andre flo cost 12 million and was sold for 8.2 - 3.8 million net loss

played 53 games and scored 29 (TWENTY NINE!) goals

and the press keep banging on about how he is the worst signing ever, so much so, its even being repeated by rangers fans on rangers websites.

see also van vossens miss in a game that was already won - it was a howler but it didnt make any difference to the result, in the grand scheme of things meant nothing.

but again the press keep banging on about how it is the worst miss ever (incidentally van vossen played more times, and scored more goals,for the dutch national team than he did for rangers). there have been other open goals missed that did effect the result of the match but we dont hear about them at all.

okay it was good to get that off my chest.

Sold for less than 7, but whatevz.