Allan McGregor

simplythebest

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It honestly does not bother me one jot. When a new keeper comes into the team, I am nervous, when Mcgregor first played a lot, I was nervous. But Mcgregor has proved time and time again he is a top class goalkeeper. After the Celtic incident, he could have crumbled in front of the broomloan and had a shocker. The end result was all the proof we needed. Mcgregor had a tough ball to claim after his aberdeen blooper and he did it with relative ease. Top class. I have no worries about Mcgregor and I laugh when I hear people question his ability based on rare blunders he makes.

It honestly does not bother me one jot. When a new keeper comes into the team, I am nervous, when Mcgregor first played a lot, I was nervous. But Mcgregor has proved time and time again he is a top class goalkeeper. After the Celtic incident, he could have crumbled in front of the broomloan and had a shocker. The end result was all the proof we needed. Mcgregor had a tough ball to claim after his aberdeen blooper and he did it with relative ease. Top class. I have no worries about Mcgregor and I laugh when I hear people question his ability based on rare blunders he makes.

The worrying thing about this mate is that it's unlike Mcgregor to perform this.

Now i don't know if he is being distracted by maybe a family matter? Wouldn't suprise me with that hound of a gf he's engaged to.

When did McGregor last have 2 blunders in such a short time (3/4 games i think)?.

He needs to concentrate more,his lack of claiming balls from corners is another weak spot in his game.

But every keeper has one.

Just last week he played a major role in securing a win over hearts. The amount of points won vastly outweigh the points lost thanks to Shagger. I think the criticism is ott. I hes the best we are likely to get anyway.

A keeper that has not got 100% concentration for a full 90 mins is dangerous.

Fair enough. If you drop him for sometime, and Alexander comes in and is successful (and from the comments here it seems most seem to think that Alexander is a safer pair of hands) then that would be it for McGregor as Rangers number one.

Youre going too far with this McGregor thing, me thinks. Nobody said that McGregors days as number one should be over. But at the moment, i wouldnt say he is consistant enough to be the first choice so if it was me to decide, i would give a chance to Neil Alexander. Someone said something about his blunder against Falkirk, yes, it was awful, but i honestly dont remember him doing anything like that before. I think he is 100% capable of replacing McGregor. Its not about having a go at Alan, its about the fact he is making a second huge mistake this season and imo he needs to be dropped.

Nobody will have to tell McGregor about this. The ultimate professional he is, he will be hurting this morning about the goal he let in on Sat. He is a winner and hates losing goals. He won us the tittle last year with his penalty save against the hunger striker samy'sarse !

His two blatant errors are major lacks of concentration, however as previously stated, he has saved us on many more occasions than landed us in it, and fortunately the errors havent resulted in losing points...yet.

Stick with him and he'll come good. if he personally feels his confidence is affected, id have no problem at all putting Alexander in goal instead (excuse his balls-up v falkirk as that opens a whole other can of worms...as that DID cause defeat...but either way, we have two fantastic goalkeepers which not many teams can boast of).