Now Smith reports septic to the SPL

Thermopylae

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine;

We're 9 points clear and then hit administration and are deducted 10 points. The scum think they are home and dry then BOOM! 2 point deduction for pro-IRA singing. We win the league by a point.

surely we will be further than 9 clear come may :craphead:

Eh its like that just now .You are living in another Planet from the rest of us.For crying out loud man.

Sorry to piss in cornflakes but stv reporting they are unlikely to be punished, basically because Liwell has tried to discourage it. Ha funny how that kind of idea doesnt apply to us

Sorry to piss in cornflakes but stv reporting they are unlikely to be punished, basically because Liwell has tried to discourage it. Ha funny how that kind of idea doesnt apply to us

The SPL has never punished us for our singing, ever. (to my knowledge)

We were given an official warning though, with the threat of action in future cases; is this what is being applied to celtic, or are they being found not guilty?

When was this? Got a link?

They're being unsurprisingly found 'not guilty' because they're supposedly 'cracking down' on the problem.

They're being unsurprisingly found 'not guilty' because they're supposedly 'cracking down' on the problem.

It's my understanding that a warning was issued in response to us being reported by delegates after that early season game at Inverness some seasons back, around the time of McConnell's meeting with the game's bodies re sectarianism. I'm having a google for the story but there's mountains of other related stuff coming up about singing!

It's my understanding that a warning was issued in response to us being reported by delegates after that early season game at Inverness some seasons back, around the time of McConnell's meeting with the game's bodies re sectarianism. I'm having a google for the story but there's mountains of other related stuff coming up about singing!

I remember the club warned us not to sing anything out of line as this was the first game of the league season after Manchester and plod was out in force?

Can't find much else.

I've been under the impression that's why we've received fines and been asked to refrain from singing songs,you say that as if it will be a new thing.

Forget I posted this reply if you're fishing and I've bitten :ph34r:

Exactly septic are just getting a little taste of what we've had for years

I remember the club warned us not to sing anything out of line as this was the first game of the league season after Manchester and plod was out in force?

Can't find much else.

This guardian article is the closest I've found so far, but it's the incident I was meaning. The story covers us being reported by the match delegates in our campaign opener 2007; the author speculates that a warning will be the likely outcome and I'd assumed that was what happened; perhaps another Bear can confirm?

This guardian article is the closest I've found so far, but it's the incident I was meaning. The story covers us being reported by the match delegates in our campaign opener 2007; the author speculates that a warning will be the likely outcome and I'd assumed that was what happened; perhaps another Bear can confirm?

I don't think anything came of it, the reaction from us would have been a bit extreme too.

Correct, i was going to post the same. We are being scrutinised like never before from the mhedia and even Uefa have now joined in.

On Clyde just now and a Rangers fan is asking why are that lot allowed to sing Paddy Mcourts F----n Army, and Gers fans not allowed to utter that word ,Delahunt replys well, eh, I dunno I guess they will have to print a comprehensive list, and that will be clear.

I as clear as mud ya numpty ,Unbeleivable this they have opened a massive can of worms, and its coming back to bite them big style and they just dont know what to do now.

I know the SPL arent punnishing them ,but UEFA must surely.

I don't think anything came of it, the reaction from us would have been a bit extreme too.

Nothing other than us being put on notice regarding further offences, much to the annoyance of the punters and pundits who'd been licking their lips in anticipation of a points deduction. But word on this forum back then was that the match delegates were pressed on whether there had been sectarian singing during celtic's opener that same weekend, but would only give out vague fluff about "certain Irish folk songs", etc.

On Clyde just now and a Rangers fan is asking why are that lot allowed to sing Paddy Mcourts F----n Army, and Gers fans not allowed to utter that word ,Delahunt replys well, eh, I dunno I guess they will have to print a comprehensive list, and that will be clear.

I as clear as mud ya numpty ,Unbeleivable this they have opened a massive can of worms, and its coming back to bite them big style and they just dont know what to do now.

I know the SPL arent punnishing them ,but UEFA must surely.

Delachunt has also been asking for clear examples all night of this singing.

I dont think uefa will, and lets not let anyone kid us this a first offence for Selik from Uefa. Their rap sheet goes way back to the 80's possibly earlier, maybe not for the same offence but they have been in bother before and this time the punishment shoudl be a clear message to them and to everyone, dont do it.

(tu)

I've been under the impression that's why we've received fines and been asked to refrain from singing songs,you say that as if it will be a new thing.

Forget I posted this reply if you're fishing and I've bitten :ph34r:

No, definitely not fishing.

I mean, they will report us for nothing, and everything!

Pretty much what i meant. It seems like Celtic are craking down while the perception is that we are just laughing at it like Ally in a shoddily edited BBC interview

What a joke finally Celtic are starting to get recognised for there scum songs when radio 1 were reporting on it yesterday about singin. IRA songs they said and "they claim to be the greatest fans in the world " pahahahahahaha cunts

I've often thought that the English just don't get it about their support for the ira ... it must seem so unbelievable to them that any football club would have such baggage :anguish:

I've often thought that the English just don't get it about their support for the ira ... it must seem so unbelievable to them that any football club would have such baggage :anguish:

In my experience this is true. Since I moved to Manchester just over a year ago, I've had conversations with a few people about the tims IRA ditties and they were shocked to hear about it.

It's not all that surprising that this is the case though. I mean if the Scottish mhedia largely ignore it, then it certainly isn't going to be reported down south therefore most people here are unaware of it.

I was drunk all weekend so I missed it. Was gonna watch it on I-Player tonight.

Is it good?

Strange one , Scorcese heavy heavy influence on the program...................... But one thing that shown through re George that he was an ace of a guy. Wide wide range of friends and his handling of Clapton/Patti thing was superb, either Clapton or Patti telling fibs.

Ringo as usual trying to be something that he really isn't..Macca, loved everyone and everyone loves him sort of thing.

Worth the watch really just to find out in glimpses as I said really seemed top bloke. And christ is his son his double.