bald patch

Chef

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the OP says, I'm also sure this is just a bad patch, which we will come out of.

My only concern is that the management's first reaction to a bad patch is to retreat into our shells, rather than come out fighting.

Hopefully, the improvement in our play after Bendiksen came on will encourage Ally to see that we ARE the champions for a reason and that we will always be stronger for going on the attack in the SPL.

Agree every team goes through a sticky patch and we have had injuries to some main players. We have lost one game so far in the league. Today wasnt a good performace but we won and got 3 points on the board at the moment that will do for me, thats the kind of game that ends up winning the league as it could have been a draw or loss.

Agree with this ,we look comfortable from Back to middle ,and if we can bring on some Guys like Bendikson and McKay and Wylde along with Aluko we can create more going from Middle to Front .

I liked the second Half more Pace, and energy, and remember Lafferty could be back too .

So going in to the Festive Season I am Happy with the Results .

Keep it going Rangers and on the 28th go for it at the Shitdome . Follow Follow and Nae Doo 4 in a Row .Oh and mind the Gap.

It is a bad patch but I'm worried about Ally's reluctance to mix things up. He picks "first team" players no matter what even if a youth player is the better option

Imagine getting criticised for picking first team players and winning. You could not make it up

Imagine getting criticised for picking first team players and winning. You could not make it up

I'm not talking about today... I'm talking about the 3 games that we didn't win.

Or did you forget that? It took a youth player (Bendikson) coming on to get anything today.

I'm not talking about today... I'm talking about the 3 games that we didn't win.

Or did you forget that? It took a youth player (Bendikson) coming on to get anything today.

Or did you forget that it was Ally who brought him on - and for many when a manager makes a substitution that changes a game he usually gets the praise for that decision.

Or did you forget that it was Ally who brought him on - and for many when a manager makes a substitution that changes a game he usually gets the praise for that decision.

Ally created the problem in the first place by not learning from past mistakes. He continually seems to ignore the fact that his defensive minded formation is not working. Most who saw that team before kick off would have a good idea how it would turn out as its been that way most of the season. Why should he get praise when he is the one making the problem?

but but but.... he was only doing what should have been done in the first place <cr>

but but but.... he was only doing what should have been done in the first place wacko.gif

Aye - if he had played 3 'yoofs' and it was 0-0 when he brought on more experience and won 2 nil some would be slaughtering him for not starting with experience and then bringing the 'yoofs' on for experience later. For some on this board Ally is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

Ally created the problem in the first place by not learning from past mistakes. He continually seems to ignore the fact that his defensive minded formation is not working. Most who saw that team before kick off would have a good idea how it would turn out as its been that way most of the season. Why should he get praise when he is the one making the problem?

LOL if you think that this is a problem you will be heading for the Ersike Bridge if we ever get to Xmas 4 points behind them - despite all YOUR negativity Ally is doing what he is paid to - put out a winning team - and if we had taken any other Rookie manager - or even an experienced manager and he was 4 points clear after 18 games, even with the Europe debacles most people would be happy. Some people are just waiting for him to fail so they cas say I told you so - seems you are in this group of 'supporters'

Some bad patch. We have been crap since Ally took over. 3 good games this season and counting...not good enough.

We were playing good not long ago, it's a massive time for the club with a new manager and owner, how about a time of transition, get this uncertainty sorted and win the league,we can look forward to more European qualifiers, and when we get there it will be ally and this squads doing, people dismiss the league as not enough, well it's our way into Europe next time and I'm sure the players will be up for the fight.

What I would like to know is what gives people the impression ally won't change, people think they have him sussed.