Team for ICT game this weekend

IamRangers

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One striker good enough. Whos fault is that? We have 4 or 5 strikers on our books, the fact only 1 is good enough speaks volumes for the men who built the squad, and the only one who is good enough isnt even their buy.

But you are saying that it's a sad day when folk on here are posting what team they'd like to see and they are choosing a 5 man midfield? That's not really their fault when we only have one decent striker. They don't make the signings.

You've jumped to a totally different subject there.

I dont believe Ally will be so daft as to name the same team.

Totally agree with the second bit and take it further, a brand of football or style of play can entice new fans to the club and generate more interest in the club as a whole if our team are a joy to watch.

This mentality of "performance doesnt matter" reaks of short termism and is an indication of the shite fans have been watching for years.

It may not necessarily entice new fans but it may stop the hundreds or thousands who don't renew their season tickets every season. Yes there may be other reasons which makes them take that decision but sitting in the cold on a wet Saturday afternoon seeing your team struggle to beat some of the worst teams in the League with little or no football makes that decision a lot easier.

To be honest i don't see Ally making too many changes because even this early in the season it's clear to see he doesn't rate or trust the likes of Bedoya,Ortiz, McKay or Fleck. Bendiksen is the only possible change he may make for either Bartley or McCulloch. If Papac is fit to return then he may also be tempted to find a place for both of them but i think it will be one change at most and the same uninspired brand of football sadly.

I don't go to games to watch the football, I go because I love Rangers, like many other gers. The standard of football isn't good but come on to fuck :lol:

That's no reason to stop going all together!

I love Rangers like as much as any other fan but the standard of football does matter to me. I also like to see that the team is progressing and have some kind of an identity on the pitch. If you don't at least strive for a better product what chance have you got of retaining the fans interest or gaining new fans. it's all too short term for me

If previous games V ICT at Ibrox are anything to go by, then this weekends fixture will be a tough game indeed. Throw in some very indifferent recent form (I'm beng kind...) and it just adds more interest to the task ahead of us. Personally I would dump any notion of playing McCulloch and Barltey this weekend at all. We need a win and 3 pts first and foremost but we IMO we also need a decent showing to use as a foundation for a tough Christmas period of fixtures so I feel an attacking formation is a must.

Here is my XI to beat ICT:

---------McGregor----------

------Goian-----Boca-------

Whitty--------------Wallace

-------Edu----McKay--------

Davis-----------------Wylde

---------Bendikson---------

----------Jelavic----------

Usual style back 4, move Mckay (an actual midfielder) into the centre with Edu and move Davis out right to see if it changes his fortunes? I like the energy and postivity of Bendikson and would ask him to support Jelavic as the highest playing midfielder. Considering the absentees up front I feel that team has more balance than the ultra cautious formation V Hibs and should get us the 3 pts.

Who would you play?

great team mate very much what I would go with.

------------MCGREGOR

WHITTAKER GOIAN BOCA WALLACE

------------EDU BARTLEY

------DAVIS BENDIKSEN WYLDE

------------JELAVIC

Preparation for Old Firm

Am I the only one that thinks Bartley has done zilch to merit getting anywhere near our team? I know we got him from Arsenal but there is a reason he is with us and not playing with them. I just don't think he has done enough to justify crow barring a CB into an already failing midfield?

I love Rangers like as much as any other fan but the standard of football does matter to me. I also like to see that the team is progressing and have some kind of an identity on the pitch. If you don't at least strive for a better product what chance have you got of retaining the fans interest or gaining new fans. it's all too short term for me

That's fair enough but you would stop going cause of that?

That's fair enough but you would stop going cause of that?

Pretty much TBH. If we are turning up at Ibrox every 2nd week knowing the enivitable. Poor football, negative tactics etc. I would have to weigh up whether my saturdays/sundays should be better spent? I'm only being honest

Am I the only one that thinks Bartley has done zilch to merit getting anywhere near our team? I know we got him from Arsenal but there is a reason he is with us and not playing with them. I just don't think he has done enough to justify crow barring a CB into an already failing midfield?

Don't like seeing McCulloch there as he has had too many chances so I'd put Bartley in and give him another chance this weekend. I would want to see Alouko in there in place of Bartley once his ban is up and that would be the only change after the weekend.

No you're not the only one to think this. I won't make a sweeping judgement as he has been out for a long time with injury but he doesn't deserve a starting slot based on last weeks performance.

But you are saying that it's a sad day when folk on here are posting what team they'd like to see and they are choosing a 5 man midfield? That's not really their fault when we only have one decent striker. They don't make the signings.

You've jumped to a totally different subject there.

I didnt say it was the fans fault, i meant it was a sad day when our strongest line ups consist of 1 striker, that is pathetic for a club as big and as rich as ours.

(tu)

No, he is being picked on alleged reputation and possibly as part of the agreement with Arsenal that he plays when fit, which if true, is scandalous. He has had a nightmare in the past 2 games he has played in midfield.

If he cant get a game at centre half, he should be on the bench or in the stands, behind Ross Perry who i much prefer.

He will never be a midfielder.

That's what they said about Edu/McCulloch partnership and he brough it back as soon as McCulloch was fit again. So.... <cr>

It was tongue in cheek, he is known for making the same mistakes over and over but i dont think this is one he will make again, it was that bad.

Don't like seeing McCulloch there as he has had too many chances so I'd put Bartley in and give him another chance this weekend. I would want to see Alouko in there in place of Bartley once his ban is up and that would be the only change after the weekend.

I still don't see the merits in trying to make a CB into a midfielder (because he's not going to play CB) ahead of actual midfielders like McKay?

I've heard murmerings about the condition of his loan ie. "you get him as long as he plays" and I'm starting to think it's true now? Hmmm...

It may not necessarily entice new fans but it may stop the hundreds or thousands who don't renew their season tickets every season. Yes there may be other reasons which makes them take that decision but sitting in the cold on a wet Saturday afternoon seeing your team struggle to beat some of the worst teams in the League with little or no football makes that decision a lot easier.

To be honest i don't see Ally making too many changes because even this early in the season it's clear to see he doesn't rate or trust the likes of Bedoya,Ortiz, McKay or Fleck. Bendiksen is the only possible change he may make for either Bartley or McCulloch. If Papac is fit to return then he may also be tempted to find a place for both of them but i think it will be one change at most and the same uninspired brand of football sadly.

Agree 100% with that whole first paragraph.

I also agree it wont be pretty.

No, he is being picked on alleged reputation and possibly as part of the agreement with Arsenal that he plays when fit, which if true, is scandalous. He has a nightmare in the past 2 games he has played in midfield.

If he cant get a game at centre half, he should be on the bench or in the stands, behind Ross Perry who i much prefer.

He will never be a midfielder.

Thank fck isn't just me

It was tongue in cheek, he is known for making the same mistakes over and over but i dont think this is one he will make again, it was that bad.

It wasn't also as certified as the OP made out. Jig was on the bench and not picked for a few games once he came back to fitness.

ICT Team:

-------Davis----Edu--------

Ortiz-----------------Wylde

-------Bendikson-----------

------------Jelavic--------

Team once Alukos back (can see us getting something on the 28th with this team out, after a wee practice run against st mirren):

Aluko-----------------Wylde

-------Davis---------------

ICT Team:

-------Davis----Edu--------

Ortiz-----------------Wylde

-------Bendikson-----------

Team once Alukos back (can see us getting something on the 28th with this team out, after a wee practice run against st mirren):

Aluko-----------------Wylde

-------Davis---------------

I'd much rather TKB got ahead of Davis in that line up, he has done nothing to merit his place in the squad this season.

It wasn't also as certified as the OP made out. Jig was on the bench and not picked for a few games once he came back to fitness.

When he was just back from injury he was on the bench for 1 game, St J at home, he wouldnt have been fit enough to start but when he has been, he has started. No one can deny he is a favourite of the management. He came back in, the match after, the Killie game, which we lost, he picked up another knock that week and was benched for the Pars game, which we won.

Someone had an horrific stat of our wins ratio with him in the team. Was scary.

When he was just back from injury he was on the bench for 1 game, St J at home, he wouldnt have been fit enough to start but when he has been, he has started. No one can deny he is a favourite of the management. He came back in, the match after, the Killie game, which we lost, he picked up another knock that week and was benched for the Pars game, which we won.

Someone had an horrific stat of our wins ratio with him in the team. Was scary.

Those are stats I would like to see....