Miguel Hamutenya

Jack The Flipper

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

I didn't even know he was on trial! lol

I wonder if we'll get a permit for him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/7386747/Gers-line-up-Namibian

"Rangers have agreed a deal for Namibian full-back Miguel Hamutenya, according to his agent.

The 19-year-old has been on trials with the Scottish champions and is understood to have made a big impression.

His agent has now confirmed that he has signed a deal with the Gers, subject to a work permit being awarded.

"Miguel Hamutenya has been successful at trials with Glasgow Rangers and has subsequently been offered a pro contract," Jonathan Hope told The Namibian newspaper.

"Glasgow Rangers have committed to this and we are now organising the required work permit to ensure the player can start immediately.

"Miguel has been outstanding in his trial period and has delivered a high standard of all the important criteria to be successful."

Hamutenya arrives after a spell with Israeli outfit Bnei Sakhnin and he expressed his delight to joining Rangers.

"I am so honoured at the prospect of playing in the Scottish Premier League," he said.

"Rangers are a massive club and the staff and players are brilliant with me and I will settle in with ease. I am going to get my head down and fight for my place in the team."

"