Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

4 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Not really.  If you take the trajectory of Beale then he wouldn’t have been in roughly the same position now, he’d be much further behind.

Who knows?

Not saying we should have kept Beale, btw - I hated him!

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Enlighten me.

We still have things to play for bud…a good manager has to keep a few duds onboard until he can make changes. Don’t hang on every word a manager speaks 👍

18 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He said we were good for 70 minutes today.

Are we still at the stage where we take what any manager says at press conferences at face value? 

They say what they think they need to stay to get the best out the squad. Sooner cunts realise that, the better

Just now, teddybear1975 said:

We still have things to play for bud…a good manager has to keep a few duds onboard until he can make changes. Don’t hang on every word a manager speaks 👍

I’m not sure at this point, suspect he thinks we actually did.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’m not sure at this point, suspect he thinks we actually did.

Not for me he can’t be happy with how we’re playing or the restrictions he has on selection.  As long as he has something to play for he’s never throwing players under the bus. Next season is make or break for him. I hope he is backed.

15 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Who knows?

Not saying we should have kept Beale, btw - I hated him!

Beals damage is still there to see

Taking Clements recent mistakes out of the arguments.We have to remember the absolute garbage he has to pick from.

This is on the board with previous management and recruitment.

I think of the players on show today for that vital game we were all up for.It really makes you think how things could get so bad.

4 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Not for me he can’t be happy with how we’re playing or the restrictions he has on selection.  As long as he has something to play for he’s never throwing players under the bus. Next season is make or break for him. I hope he is backed.

Hope he’s backed too but the recruitment needs to be spot on.

Diomande isn’t looking like he’s a level above what we already had or an equal to what they have and we’re spending £4.5 mil on him.

Very early days I know but the players linked so far have been a bit underwhelming.

Frightening the turnover that’s needed.

I’ll be on my own here but it’s a red flag for me that he doesn’t rate Cantwell.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Diomande isn’t looking like he’s a level above what we already had and we’re spending £4.5 mil on him.

Very early days I know but the players linked so far have been a bit underwhelming.

I’ll be on my own here but it’s a red flag for me that he doesn’t rate Cantwell.

We barely heard a peep about Diomande, Silva and Cortes before they signed.

30 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Irrelevant at this point.  I hope he has plans to gut the starting 11 in the Summer.  I'd keep Ridvan, Butland, Tav, Dio, Cantwell.  Don't care about anyone else at all.  I hope we get two proper centre halves. 

Why would anybody keep a sick note in Yilmaz and a guy in Cantwell who shows up 5 times a season?!!

34 minutes ago, NI said:

I agree but Diomande and Lundstram were letting Forrest and McGregor running as they want, it was a joke.

I have to disagree about McGregor. To me it looked like Lawrence was supposed to be man marking him and it worked for the most part but the tarriers had this tactic where Scales/Vickers would get the ball and Lawrence would then leave bug eyes to shut them down (and leave bug eyes free) and they'd then pass to Hatate/O'Reilly who would then do a quick one touch pass into McGregor and then he'd be off to do what he wants while Lawrence is left watching him. It happened umpteen times and I've no idea how Clement never picked up on this as I did and I'm far from a tactician.

Fair enough someone should then go to him but if they're all picking up a man what are they supposed to do?

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Diomande isn’t looking like he’s a level above what we already had and we’re spending £4.5 mil on him.

Cantwell isn't making it easy for him.

He isn't what is required going forward. Need better but he should have played today.

Error by our manager

We had zero creativity on the pitch today for what I was watching.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Diomande isn’t looking like he’s a level above what we already had or an equal to what they have and we’re spending £4.5 mil on him.

I agree with most of your post but I don’t rate Cantwell. Flatters to deceive etc. His numbers are poor for our league tbh.

7 minutes ago, Godfrey100 said:

Cantwell isn't making it easy for him.

He isn't what is required going forward. Need better but he should have played today.

Error by our manager

We had zero creativity on the pitch today for what I was watching.

Why should have he played? He’s done fuck all past few months.

Wouldnt have played TL either but if Yilmaz was fit for 90 he’d of put Sterling in there and dio at 10. Baffled the criticism he’s getting with about 4/5 first team players on bench or out due to injury given the shitshow he took over.

1 minute ago, Amato said:

I'd be surprised if Tav is going anywhere 

Wouldn’t be that disappointed if he moved on.  But if he stays, we need better quality in front of him.  The filth LW will be absolutely loving it next season again if he stays.  Easy pickings for him.

3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

It is lunacy, but I hope Phil is backed with money, if not then he will fall I fear.

I just cannot believe how so many on here have turned on him so quickly, knowing the players he has had to work with, and keep 

He does need backing to rebuild this squad. That means getting rid of the serial losers who have just blown yet another title. 

I'd be lying but if I didn't say I was concerned with the recent results under the manager. Today as well was so poor. I still can't understand how he thought Lawrence and Lundstrum would have the legs to go against the tarrier midfield. 

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He does need backing to rebuild this squad. That means getting rid of the serial losers who have just blown yet another title. 

I'd be lying but if I didn't say I was concerned with the recent results under the manager. Today as well was so poor. I still can't understand how he thought Lawrence and Lundstrum would have the legs to go against the tarrier midfield. 

I understand the concerns, but his options are very few along with the mentality of many of the players, so I am not worried about Phil. When I would become concerned would be if he is not backed in the summer by the board. 

If we have Tav and Goldson as first picks next season I will be raging.

39 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

The real test for Clement is over the summer, can he find the right players for the job.....in the meantime can he pull together one last performance from this shower in a couple of weeks 😕

Disagree the real tests have been the old firm games and he has failed at every one so far. Not only that he hasn't shown me he has the tactical ability to change things. We had a new manager bounce and results improved but by christ we have been a hard watch for months and when you look at us playing there isn't a clear structure or playstyles the players just seem to roll out onto the park and we hope something will happen.

From what I have seen from him I fully expect him to go with the same tactics, shape and personnel as started this game.

I am concerned. Really concerned.