Craig Whyte must be forward thinking to aid Ally McCoist in title defence

dardo54

But the bottom line is things aren’t going to get any better unless McCoist is given money to spend on new players next month. It would be unrealistic to expect him to retain the title without allowing him to improve his team for the second-half of the season.

His team are crying out for a new attacker and if the club’s owner, Craig Whyte, can’t see that for himself then he can’t know anything about football.

Without one, Rangers are going to continue dropping points between now and the end of the season. In fact, you could go as far as to say without the addition of at least one forward it will be virtually impossible for McCoist to lead his team to title glory because they are clearly lacking in the final third.

thomas jordan is bang on there.

Craig Whyte number one concern is making sure we win this tax bill, until that done and dusted he wont be handing out extra funds to Ally McCoist. Cause we need all the money we can get, just encase we need it further down the line.

I hate to say it but when we got put out of two European competitions before it even began, Ally McCoist tied his own hands behind his back to further strengthen our squad.

so now its whytes fault? i guess he must be picking the team, over seeing training, picking formation and the tactics.

beat that mad vlad :rolleyes:

not yet no but if he does not give mccoist money to strengen the team then i will place the blame on craig whyte yes.

not yet no but if he does not give mccoist money to strengen the team then i will place the blame on craig whyte yes.

Why?

He has been given money and wasted it on guys he does not play.

McKay

Bedoya

Ortiz

Would you give your funds to someone who has done this?

Craig Whyte number one concern is making sure we win this tax bill, until that done and dusted he wont be handing out extra funds to Ally McCoist. Cause we need all the money we can get, just encase we need it further down the line.

I hate to say it but when we got put out of two European competitions before it even began, Ally McCoist tied his own hands behind his back to further strengthen our squad.

we should find out more about the tax case soon if he ever gets round to giving the fans their agm

we should find out more about the tax case soon if he ever gets round to giving the fans their agm

Either way, it won't speed up anything towards us digging deep and handing McCoist funds in January. Our hands are well in truly tied. We all knew this situation was happening.

Why?

He has been given money and wasted it on guys he does not play.

McKay

Bedoya

Ortiz

Would you give your funds to someone who has done this?

ally had 5 mill to sign a handfull of players and players like the three you mentioned where probly bought as squad players n thats what they are getting used as every other manager gets the chance to spend 2 - 3 mill on a single player but mccoist was working with 300 - 400k yet people expect these players to be of the same quality

Whytes worst mistake so far , and he's made a few , is to give into popular opinion and give the job to McCoist .

Was a disaster waiting to happen ............

Craig Whyte had no option at all. He had to keep Ally McCoist in charge, think of the backlash he would have had if he sacked a Rangers legend before he even started.

As for the other side of the coin, hardly anybody would have touched us knowing the situation they were walking into to.

listen, if a team like utd, falkirk, st mirren, caley thistle, motherwell, the pars, hibs, the sheep, hell every fucker in the spl out plays us, then serious questions have to be asked, not at whyte but at ally, hell those other teams have to work on a smaller budget yet can produce the goods against us, why is that?

answers on a postcard :rolleyes:

Craig Whyte had no option at all. He had to keep Ally McCoist in charge, think of the backlash he would have had if he sacked a Rangers legend before he even started.

As for the other side of the coin, hardly anybody would have touched us knowing the situation they were walking into to.

Of course he had options , he OWNS the club . He gave into public opinion and noone would have gave him stick for bringing in his own man .

We need a naismith type player, its as simple as that IMO, the midfield is the problem, every week we loose out to lesser teams because our midfield is so poor and lacks creativity and drive, our strikers are good enough if they are getting chances set up for them and I would say we have the best backline in the SPL but we need to add that player to play with davis and bring out the best in him again which Naismith did

ally had 5 mill to sign a handfull of players and players like the three you mentioned where probly bought as squad players n thats what they are getting used as every other manager gets the chance to spend 2 - 3 mill on a single player but mccoist was working with 300 - 400k yet people expect these players to be of the same quality

We spunked 1.5 mil on a left back ffs! That was Allys doing. Not Whytes. We have papac a player who just goes about his business and has never once let this club down. To go with Laff Jela and Healy was Allys choice not Whytes.

Whyte does not play Papac nor Wallace left mid depsite the fact we have natural left mids on the bench. He does not select Jig despite having better players on the bench. He does not play Bartley CM.

That is all allys doing.

Btw you do know that CW is not some Abromovich type and can spunk 10 million on one player. We do have a tax case and tbh id rather my club wasnt stripped to the bones due to Whyte giving ally a huge budget in this window only to lose the tax case. Stop thinking short term and think of the future of our club ffs

Of course he had options , he OWNS the club . He gave into public opinion and noone would have gave him stick for bringing in his own man .

Are you shitting me? He changed a boardroom and had a fucking documentary made about him on the back of it. He was hammered in the press by the previous regime and some of our own fans. You imagine what it would be like if he walked in and the 1st thing that happened was him getting rid of Ally

He really didn't, Craig Whyte would have been crucified by both the support and the press at the time. Ally McCoist was a safe, cheap option. That will serve as a stop gap until this tax bill gets resolved. It's the classic legend in-charge to defuse a troublesome situation. If he successful under these situations then everybody is happy, if he's not successful, then after a year Craig Whyte will have had time to access everything, and make a major decision on his future.

This was always going to be our hardest year, with the things happening in the background. Any Manager with a big reputation or a up in coming reputation would have avoided us.

We spunked 1.5 mil on a left back ffs! That was Allys doing. Not Whytes. We have papac a player who just goes about his business and has never once let this club down. To go with Laff Jela and Healy was Allys choice not Whytes.

Whyte does not play Papac nor Wallace left mid depsite the fact we have natural left mids on the bench. He does not select Jig despite having better players on the bench. He does not play Bartley CM.

That is all allys doing.

Btw you do know that CW is not some Abromovich type and can spunk 10 million on one player. We do have a tax case and tbh id rather my club wasnt stripped to the bones due to Whyte giving ally a huge budget in this window only to lose the tax case. Stop thinking short term and think of the future of our club ffs

signing wallace is building for the future is it not ? n naw it wasn't his choice to go with laff jela and healy he wanted miller and goodwillie. walter also played bartley defensive mid and i am sure thats where he played for sheff utd and obv a know craig whytes no abramovich all am sayin is give him money to sign a couple of quality attackers.

Long time reader, first time writing here. I'm in the 'use more youth' camp. I dont understand why we spend 500k on players who dont offer much more than the kids we have - kids who are going to be champing at the bit to get a game. (Big Goian excepted). and lets be honest, we are not going to be spending 5m on players in this window. probably not even 2m.

The bigger issue for me is why we are struggling against dross (no offense to any provincial fans who are perusing our site). Should we really be playing out time at home to teams like St Mirren? And this isnt something that Mr. Whyte can do much about. If Supe cant get wins with the current squad, how will he get it with anyone else? Personally i'm pretty fecked off with how poor we play under McCoist. but part of me is hoping that he can learn from his mistakes. because i want more Rangers guys at the club, and if McCoist can turn good, we could have a manager for a long time.

on a completely different note, north american keyboards dont have a pound sign. very annoying.