if our manager had no links with the club

Lisburn Rangers

would we be calling for his head ? the only reason i want to stick with ally is because its ally if it was anyone else id be grinding the axe .

is most people against sacking him because its ally are is it because people genuinely think he needs more time ?

He cant see his own mistakes and continually makes the same mistakes and plays the same tactics. I would prefer someone came in this January and got Rangers playing to their full potential.

Ally will always be worshiped by the fans for the player he was for Rangers. Unfortunately his management skills arnt up to his football skills.

Maybe Ally should of went to a smaller club and learnt his trade. He knows what its like to be a manager at Rangers. IMO the team just do look happy on the pitch, most of this team are 3iar champions and we've been playing shite all season and its getting worse. Alls not aswell at Rangers! the football were getting treated to is woeful and Ally is doing nothing in my eyes to change things and i cant see it get any better under him. Its mistake and the same mistakes and keeps on playing the same way. Ally must see himself that the football is stinking? His subs and changes are pathetic and most of the teams in the SPL give us a real hard game.

He needs to go IMO but he will always be super ally.

No-one is bigger than the club.

I'd rather he left before he lost us the league because my main worry is that he only knows one way - the Walter Smith way.

He even copied Walter's sitting in the stand in the first half thing until a few weeks ago. The big difference is that the players were scared of Smith, they aren't scared of McCoist, and the discipline that came from their fear and respect made Smith's system work.

It ISN'T working for McCoist and I'm not sure he has the nous to change it.

Tbh we have hit a slump, a huge 1 at that but to sack a manager when we are 2 points behind, madness

Its not just the slump mate. Were fucked out of 3 cups and he has threw a 12 point lead away. His football all season is the worse ive seen Rangers play in many years.

Every Rangers fan would have wanted Ally to be a great manager but unfortunately the fans have no confidence in him now and rightly so.

I would rather take a gamble on a new experienced manager than gamble on Ally winning the spl. Plus the fact his football is boring the fuck outa the fans.

its not just 2 points behind mate, its the 11 point swing since the home draw to st johnstone

I have said its not good enough mate, but as it stands i really dont see CW changing it and at 2 points behind you cant blame him. However due to the circumstances we find ourselfs 2 points behind i would imagine stern words will be had.

The state Rangers are in now, we need CL football and McCoist has already cost us millions this year.

So? Do you really think we'd be able to get in a manager who could work the miracles required to sort out our finances if we sacked McCoist mid-season?

So? Do you really think we'd be able to get in a manager who could work the miracles required to sort out our finances if we sacked McCoist mid-season?

the point may be that unless mccoist or someone else gets the team sorted our only hope of champions league money next season is 3 nightmare qualifiers

I dont think a manager could sort out our finances but a more experienced manager could win us the lg and get us playing nice football again. Ally has took the football out of the team. Ally has cost Rangers millions this season and outa 3 cups and threw a 12 point lead away. It dosent look to smart does it? Sorry but i dont trust Ally.

I think we have a squad of players who could play good football and win. I wouldn't mind seeing Ian Holloway, but that just me.

There is no doubt that being super Ally is a big help in keeping a lot of the supporters onside. I suppose you also have to say that one of the big advantages of building up such a big lead is that we have been able to lose so many points and still be in touch and that could yet be important.

I do feel though that us older fans have a slightly better perspective on this because we went through the John Greig sacking. Ever since I could remember John Greig was Rangers, even lifting the CWC, and yet he still had to go in 1983 and it does put in your mind that no matter how big a Rangers man someone is if they aren't right for the job they have to go.

There is no doubt that being super Ally is a big help in keeping a lot of the supporters onside. I suppose you also have to say that one of the big advantages of building up such a big lead is that we have been able to lose so many points and still be in touch and that could yet be important.

I do feel though that us older fans have a slightly better perspective on this because we went through the John Greig sacking. Ever since I could remember John Greig was Rangers, even lifting the CWC, and yet he still had to go in 1983 and it does put in your mind that no matter how big a Rangers man someone is if they aren't right for the job they have to go.

Rangers held onto Greig too long; he should have been sacked in 81: that would have been three years without a title when he inherited a Treble winning side. I wonder if that is why there was such a decline in that period.

Rangers held onto Greig too long; he should have been sacked in 81: that would have been three years without a title when he inherited a Treble winning side. I wonder if that is why there was such a decline in that period.

I'm not really very sure what part building the new stands played in that decline ... I've heard it said that the pools paid for all of them but I don't know if that's true?

Perhaps understandable that Greig got such a long time because he had been the captain for as long as anyone could remember and I suppose you would see being the leader off the park as the same as being the leader on it ... but of course it is different

would we be calling for his head ? the only reason i want to stick with ally is because its ally if it was anyone else id be grinding the axe .

is most people against sacking him because its ally are is it because people genuinely think he needs more time ?

Anyone else and people would be protesting outside the ground with a big coffin.