The most radical idea for the Rangers midfield, EVER.

Colonel Mustard

I propose, that if the midfielders that Rangers have right now are not up to the job, we should have a brutal cull on those involved, in January.

To be more specific...

1. Any Rangers midfielder who can't get into the team because centre halfs are the preferred choice, should be sold or shipped out to save wages.

2. Any Rangers midfielder who can't get into the team because full backs are the preferred choice, should be sold or shipped out to save wages.

3. Any Rangers midfielder who can't get into the team because Lee McCulloch is the preferred choice, should be sold or shipped out to save wages.

4. Any defenders who are at Ibrox just because they can also do a job in midfield, should be sold or shipped out to save wages.

After this is done, we should use the transfers received (if any), and the wages saved, to bring in a couple of genuine players for the midfield positions.

Then we should have an assurance from Ally, that the defenders at the club, are only competing for defensive positions, except in extreme emergencies.

We should also have an assurance that the midfielders acquired are fit for purpose, or an explanation as to why they are the same as Matty, Juanma, Bedoya, and all of the rest of the wastes of money we've acquired in the past few months.

Ortiz, Bedoya, McKay, McCulloch, Fleck, Healy, Kerkar & Weir should all be moved on imo.

That would hopefully give us the funds to finance deals for a creative centre-mid and another striker to relieve the pressure on Jelavic & Lafferty.

These players simply HAVE to be first picks, there is no point whatsoever in signing more "squad" players, we should be looking to the youngsters to fill that role.

I think Bedoya and McKay were brought in just to widen our recognition in USA and Austrailia.

Ortiz was a panic buy imo.

And ofcourse with hope that they would become good. (not saw enough to judge)

Rangers image in Australia has suffered as a result of buying McKay and having him sit in the stands. Hopes were raised after his performance against Liverpool, but then he has gone back to obscurity. Why?

Ortiz, Bedoya, McKay, McCulloch, Fleck, Healy, Kerkar & Weir should all be moved on imo.

That would hopefully give us the funds to finance deals for a creative centre-mid and another striker to relieve the pressure on Jelavic & Lafferty.

These players simply HAVE to be first picks, there is no point whatsoever in signing more "squad" players, we should be looking to the youngsters to fill that role.

Personally I'd add Edu to the list.

Hopefully Hutton will get some games now he's back as he's looked promising. If only Ness could get fit...

I find it fascinating to see what so many people do to the squad first when they take over Rangers on FM.

My first things (aside from cancelling a few friendlies) are to list and offer McCulloch and Broadfoot to anyone that wants them before their ridiculous value goes down. (I suspect I'm not the only one.)

Here's a radical suggestion vis a vis our midfield. How about:

1. They try actually pressing the ball, rather than inviting everybody on to them.

2. The defence occaisionally try passing to them, rather than punting long.

3. When they do receive the ball from the back, try quicker, crisper more incisive passing and moving into space, pulling the opposition out of shape.

Honestly, I love Rangers but watching is becoming quite painful at times.

Here's a radical suggestion vis a vis our midfield. How about:

1. They try actually pressing the ball, rather than inviting everybody on to them.

2. The defence occaisionally try passing to them, rather than punting long.

3. When they do receive the ball from the back, try quicker, crisper more incisive passing and moving into space, pulling the opposition out of shape.

Honestly, I love Rangers but watching is becoming quite painful at times.

Please name our 4 midfielders who you would play that are good enough and comfortable enough to do number 2 and 3!

Davis, Wylde and Bendikson for starters. Not yet seen enough of McKay, Bedoya or Ortiz to formulate an opinion

You honestly think think Wylde is good enough with the ball at his feet to play a nice crisp passing game. The other 2 yes but honestly dont think Wylde is good enough technically to play that type of football.

The idea is right, we just dont have the quality in our team (especially without naisy) to play this football.

Hence the need for a major clearout!

You honestly think think Wylde is good enough with the ball at his feet to play a nice crisp passing game. The other 2 yes but honestly dont think Wylde is good enough technically to play that type of football.

The idea is right, we just dont have the quality in our team (especially without naisy) to play this football.

Hence the need for a major clearout!

Wylde certainly has the ability to provide the movement required. Also, forgot about Aluko. He seems to have a bit about him and is currently the most likely creator in the side.

On the whole I agree though. Things seem to be going a bit stale in the middle and could do with some changes. However, is this likely to happen and in the meantime we could do with looking a little less pedestrian.

Rangers image in Australia has suffered as a result of buying McKay and having him sit in the stands. Hopes were raised after his performance against Liverpool, but then he has gone back to obscurity. Why?

Can't get my head round why you would say that...............What standing apart fro ex pats and their families give a second thought to Rangers and these people that care will not worry as they love the club more than McKay.

I just love the clear out brigade, There are at least two problems with this suggestion (a) If they can't get into this team, then who is going to buy them? and (b) Any money that is brought in wouldn't be enough to buy anyone decent, and that's if Ally is allowed to spend it.

Ally is working under the most severe constraints of any rangers manager ever. The only one who can help is CW, and right now we don't know how he will attempt to fix it. The next few weeks will show us all what the future looks like, fingers crossed that there is money to spend with or without departures.

I propose, that if the midfielders that Rangers have right now are not up to the job, we should have a brutal cull on those involved, in January.

To be more specific...

1. Any Rangers midfielder who can't get into the team because centre halfs are the preferred choice, should be sold or shipped out to save wages.

2. Any Rangers midfielder who can't get into the team because full backs are the preferred choice, should be sold or shipped out to save wages.

3. Any Rangers midfielder who can't get into the team because Lee McCulloch is the preferred choice, should be sold or shipped out to save wages.

4. Any defenders who are at Ibrox just because they can also do a job in midfield, should be sold or shipped out to save wages.

After this is done, we should use the transfers received (if any), and the wages saved, to bring in a couple of genuine players for the midfield positions.

Then we should have an assurance from Ally, that the defenders at the club, are only competing for defensive positions, except in extreme emergencies.

We should also have an assurance that the midfielders acquired are fit for purpose, or an explanation as to why they are the same as Matty, Juanma, Bedoya, and all of the rest of the wastes of money we've acquired in the past few months.

I agree that there are a few who are filling jerseys that others could fill, but wouldn't it be cheaper and more efficient to ship out the manager at the heart of all this? :(

To be more specific...

So, the "most radical idea ever", is, basically to continue doing what we are doing? Which is playing Davis, Edu and McCulloch?

:lol: Not quite sure why that is radical