McCoist's Signings

ORCHARD LOYAL

Wallace - a player who has settled well and is improving week by week. A good signing

Goian - A steal for the £ we paid. Commanding and composed most of the time. Leadership qualities as well.

Boca - sensational signing against the the odds. a leader of men

Bartley - A decent player and will improve further with fitness

Aluko - A master stroke and is a player who can entertain as well as contribute to the team. Pacy, tricky with a end product

Matt Mckay - still an unknown quanity with little gane time to show what he is worth

Bedoya - Hasnt impressed

Ortiz - Gets to the bye line but fails with his delivery

All in all, i think Ally has done tremendously well with the money at his disposal !

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace - a player who has settled well and is improving week by week. A good signing

Goian - A steal for the £ we paid. Commanding and composed most of the time. Leadership qualities as well.

Aluko - A master stroke and is a player who can entertain as well as contribute to the team. Pacy, tricky with a end product

Matt Mckay - still an unknown quanity with little gane time to show what he is worth

Bedoya - Hasnt impressed

All in all, i think Ally has done tremendously well with the money at his disposal !

Is Ortiz a wide player?

Is Matt McKay an that much of unknown quantity? He is a recognised international midfielder that has won plaudits over the last few years thanks to his performances at club and international level.

Bedoya - Hasnt impressed

yet some say he can't be trusted with cash. I say give him more he will have us strolling.

I have only ever seen Ortiz play left or right side of midfield in the same mould as Lee Wallace. Not and out and out wide player - winger. I wouldnt call Wallace a winger but he gets to the byeline often enough. I dont think Ortiz has been deployed anywhere else on the park.

As for Mckay, im sorry but he is an unknown quantity at this level which was intimated by Ex Ger Ian Ferguson who has agreed it is a massive step up from the A league to the SPL for the boy. However, I will be happy to be proved wrong on both counts !

No one gets them all right.

These signing are 'exceptional' imho

Bocanegra -- Ought to be made Captain and is solid as a rock.

Dorin G. -- See above (Except Carlos gets the armband)

Wallace -- Took a risk. It has paid off though and is currently reinventing himself.

Aluko -- Been waiting for a player like him for some time. Ally took a chance here again and it has worked.

So, that's 4 that have excelled -- and all first team players.

Others...

Ortiz -- Good pedigree. Still waiting..

McKay -- Believe in him -- but needs a chance

Bedoya -- Not sure if he suits the SPL

Bartley -- Good loan signing and is versatile. Just what we need for the last half of the season

So.. given the 4 exceptional signings, he has done very well. Yes, there are questions (McKay....) but Ally get the benefit of the doubt imho. (tu)

What's his total amount spent on all these players?

Dont know the individual figures for each. Perhaps someone can post them up but I would imagine a total spend of £2.5 - £3m. Take into account we sold Boogie for £1.7m, Super Ally has been, well "SUPER"

Aluko - £FREE

McKay - £320k

Boca - £400k

Bedoya - £400k

Ortiz -£500k

Goian - £800k

Wallace £1.5M

Total - £3.92 Million

Pretty sure Bougie was £1.7m

So works out at just £2.22Million spent

For a totally new / hugely solid defence and some options up the park is bloomin' good business!

Glad to see that Ally is at least getting something right. I definately think he and Durrant have an eye for a player. Jela was basically Ally's signing also and Durrant for dome reason has a great eye for a centre back as it was he that unearthed Cuellar. Lets hope for some magic in the transfer window this month with a few strikers and a good attcking midfielder !

Aluko - £FREE

McKay - £320k

Boca - £400k

Bedoya - £400k

Ortiz -£500k

Goian - £800k

Wallace £1.5M

Total - £3.92 Million

Pretty sure Bougie was £1.7m

So works out at just £2.22Million spent

For a totally new / hugely solid defence and some options up the park is bloomin' good business!

Don't forget the charlie adam money...

£2.8 million at least to spend this transfer window then surely...or is wee craigy misleading the support...

Is Ortiz a wide player?

Is Matt McKay an that much of unknown quantity? He is a recognised international midfielder that has won plaudits over the last few years thanks to his performances at club and international level.

Still an unknown quantity

Hold the bus, I'll wait till the droves who know who they are that slated mcoist and stated time and again he is not to be trusted with more money and shown the door for incompetence, I wonder.

Hold the bus, I'll wait till the droves who know who they are that slated mcoist and stated time and again he is not to be trusted with more money and shown the door for incompetence, I wonder.

Beat me to it there :lol:

Still an unknown quantity

I suppose but to me a guy like Kerkar is an unknown quantity. We knew jack about him before signing him

McKay on the other hand played for years in a widely accessable league (for viewing) and has played in most of Australias games over the last few years and has done extremely well. I just don't think there is such a massive step up from the A-League to the SPL to be honest