Top Posters In This Topic

Wallace - Brilliant

Goian - Very good

Boca - Sensational

Aluko - Very promising

Matt Mckay - Waste of time

Bedoya - Bamboozling

Ortiz - Another waste of time

Bartley is an odd one as that was originally a Smith signing.

Every manager is allowed a mistake in the transfer window but I think three out of seven in one transfer window is a pretty big percentage, happy with the four successes though.

Wallace - Brilliant

Goian - Very good

Boca - Sensational

Aluko - Very promising

Bedoya - Bamboozling

Every manager is allowed a mistake in the transfer window but I think three out of seven in one transfer window is a pretty big percentage, happy with the four successes though.

You need to factor in the sums of money involved here, not to do so would be completely unfair.

Ally has done not bad at all shopping in the bargain basement IMO.

Wallace, Boca and Goian - Great

If Aluko keeps up his performances then he'll join those the 3.

Bartley's been injured wquite a bit but I thought he did well against Celtic and was good at right back yesterday. Provided Ally plays him in defence, he will do well. He's not a CM.

The rest you can say are poor signing because they have made no impact on the team. People will complain that McKay etc haven't been given time to impress, but you need to do it in training aswell, which they obviously haven't.

Wallace - Brilliant

Goian - Very good

Boca - Sensational

Aluko - Very promising

Bedoya - Bamboozling

4 from 7 plus bartley who let's not forget came back for super is good especially from the bargain bin.

Every manager is allowed a mistake in the transfer window but I think three out of seven in one transfer window is a pretty big percentage

Fair enough point but in the same token, its hard to get them all right when your scraping the bottom of the barrell for decent talent. McKay, Bedoya & Ortiz have a fairly decent standing with regards the league they come from and their in the case of Bedoya and Mckay; their international set up. I think the 3 of these were a calulated risk by McCoist. who else would we get for the kinf of money we shelled out for these 3.

Perhaps the best option was to go for another 1 million player as apposed to 3 cheap one. Walter used that policy with Jela and it paid dividends !

Every manager is allowed a mistake in the transfer window but I think three out of seven in one transfer window is a pretty big percentage

Fair enough point but in the same token, its hard to get them all right when your scraping the bottom of the barrell for decent talent. McKay, Bedoya & Ortiz have a fairly decent standing with regards the league they come from and their in the case of Bedoya and Mckay; their international set up. I think the 3 of these were a calulated risk by McCoist. who else would we get for the kinf of money we shelled out for these 3.

Perhaps the best option was to go for another 1 million player as apposed to 3 cheap one. Walter used that policy with Jela and it paid dividends !

Also Ally didn't get the majority of his first choices when you look at our farcical summer of failed bids

Looking at the rate of inflation, and the prices Ally has picked up these players for, he deserves ridiculous credit.

Goian, Wallace, Aluko, Bartley, Bocanegra are five amazing signings. That's not counting players who have re-signed with us and been tied up for a few years.

Even Ortiz, Bedoya and McKay who haven't made an impression really, the money spent hasn't been over the top like has happened in the past, and these are players who, given a chance, could still come good.

If we look at the players who we've lost, Ally has done an amazing job to replace them.

As new signings..... <cr>

Where in the thread title or opening post does it say "new" signings ??

Ally has decided to extend/offer new contracts to Whittaker, Kerkar, McGregor, Healy, etc. - should their contributions not be considered at the half-way stage ??

Many people have suggested that these new contracts are included within Whyte's £5M investment per year, therefore they would form part of Ally's player budget and he should be judged on that. (tu)

bedoya mcckay ortiz never get a game so not exactly been great signings fae mccoist

They do get games - I'm of the opinion they don't get more because they perform with regular mediocrity.

Compare them to Goian, Wallace and Boca - they hit the ground running and play with regular high standards.

Perhaps Bedoya, Ortiz and McKay didn't understand what was needed or simply cannot cope with the level of expectation. Either way - they have delivered next to nothing.

Can I just make the point to people saying Bedoya and even Ortiz and McKay are poop or poor or struggling. It took Naisy 3 seasons to become the player he currently is. When he first joined he didn't look anyway close to the player he now is (and by that I don't mean injured). Same goes for Lafferty and Papac.

It's a big leap joining a club our size and some players do take a bit of time to adjust. They may well turn out to be turkeys but a few months is not long enough to make that decision.

Where in the thread title or opening post does it say "new" signings ??

Ally has decided to extend/offer new contracts to Whittaker, Kerkar, McGregor, Healy, etc. - should their contributions not be considered at the half-way stage ??

Many people have suggested that these new contracts are included within Whyte's £5M investment per year, therefore they would form part of Ally's player budget and he should be judged on that. (tu)

:lol:

Did you actually believe he would spend that.....

Existing players that have a sell on value should have there contracts extended or they need to be sold...didn't look like ally had a choice but to keep them. Only one that he shouldn't have kept was kerkar