Tackling

ScottBF2

Is it illegal now?

Vincent Kompany's red in the Manchester derby was an absolute disgrace, cleanly takes the ball, doesn't touch the player - in fact nowhere near it. Just because his studs were showing it's apparently a dangerous tackle? Absolutely no force behind it, no chance of hurting Nani yet Foy decides to produce the card... worst decision I've ever seen.

Add in the booking for Bocanegra today and it looks like whoever's in charge is trying to stamp out tackling in the game. Disgusted by both decisions tbh.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being funny, but if you go in two-footed with your studs up - you're taking a risk.

Does Nani have to stand and take a broken leg for it to be a dangerous challenge?

Got to agree here.

Two footed with studs showing is always a red in my book.

The Bocanegra booking was a joke though. Excellent, strong challenge.

Not being funny, but if you go in two-footed with your studs up - you're taking a risk.

Does Nani have to stand and take a broken leg for it to be a dangerous challenge?

Someone speaking sense.

Although I dont think it was a red myself. I still think that going in like that runs the risk you will get sent off. At £150k a week the guy should know better.

Is it illegal now?

Vincent Kompany's red in the Manchester derby was an absolute disgrace, cleanly takes the ball, doesn't touch the player - in fact nowhere near it. Just because his studs were showing it's apparently a dangerous tackle? Absolutely no force behind it, no chance of hurting Nani yet Foy decides to produce the card... worst decision I've ever seen.

Add in the booking for Bocanegra today and it looks like whoever's in charge is trying to stamp out tackling in the game. Disgusted by both decisions tbh.

Must have been the first game you ever watched then.

With the way Kompany comes in and the speed he comes in, there's no chance of Nani being hurt at all as a result of the tackle, absolutely none. Feet are away from Nani then Kompany traps the ball between his feet.

With the way Kompany comes in and the speed he comes in, there's no chance of Nani being hurt at all as a result of the tackle, absolutely none. Feet are away from Nani then Kompany traps the ball between his feet.

If both Nani's feet are planted, that's a leg breaker.

Then rules are simple - studs up is a red card, two footed is a red card.

The fact only one foot touched the ball doesn't change the fact that he went in with both.

He goes in studs up.

The one that wins the ball isn't studs up, the other foot is but that's nowhere near Nani. It wasn't a reckless challenge, very controlled actually, and he won it fairly.

Really?

2901848833.jpg

That's not studs down, in my view they're showing and if the ball was not there Kayal would have possibly got a broken ankle. Much worse and dangerous than Kompany's.

Then again you blamed Hutton in the other thread. :rolleyes:

You can't go into a tackle with studs much lower than that.

You can't go into a tackle with studs much lower than that.

mccullochs is studs up imo.

but just goes to show. just because a tackle is studs up it should not make it a red card (although unfortunately the rules essentially state it is).

soon enough this will be a non-contact sport.

mccullochs is studs up imo.

but just goes to show. just because a tackle is studs up it should not make it a red card (although unfortunately the rules essentially state it is).

soon enough this will be a non-contact sport.

I don't see what else McCulloch could do there to hide his studs - short of going in with his toe pivoted.