"Rangers Supporters Fund" concept

offminorthreat

As someone above has already said...people want 'something' for their money and from personal experience that 'somehing' varies considerably from one person to another.

I suspect that the RST (reconstituted and revitalised of course) is the only realistic 'vehicle' for such a scheme.

I'd pay into a scheme that allowed me to become a club member of The Rangers. I'd be happy for such a fund to be used to meet expenditure on projects the club could ask the members to vote upon.

For example - the club proposes a Rangers league for, say, an under 12 competition in various regions of Scotland. Let's take the Glasgow area to illustrate the idea - each new team in this league would have their name end in Rangers - such as Drumchapel Rangers, Craigton Rangers, Hillhead Rangers and so on. The scheme could alo provide a number of professional coaches who would visit the teams on a round-robin basis to offer guidance and assistance as needed.

Each team would be issued with a set of Rangers home and away kits to play their matches in and would compete for The Rangers League title. We would be planting seeds for the cubs future in both potential players and committed, life-long supporters for those who wont make it.

The scheme is costed out and a proposal put before the club members to vote on.

That's just one simple idea - the fund could pay for anything the members voted on to improve our beloved Rangers.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of a similar scheme for another team in the SPL.. This is dedicated solely to investing in the teams youth development rather than purchasing players and has raised a reasonable sum (given the teams support base). With a much larger fan base, this could work but I'm not sure it'd raise millions.

You'd need a supporters trust to administer the fund and ultimately, support/endorsement from the club itself otherwise it wouldn't be seen as a worthwhile endeavour.

any idea what club mate? and do you think if we contacted them they would be willing to discuss how they arranged?

as for the OP, i think this is a top idea and I would be more than willing to help where i can get this off the ground. Should we perhaps set something up on facebook as a tester t seewhat numbers would donate and get a feel for what fans want to see the money used for and how it would operate?

What if a plea is issued via a share issue for the fans to save the club or else, moral blackmail to be blunt, will we reach into our pockets and fill the coffers to overflowing with our shekels and groats ?

I'd pay into a scheme that allowed me to become a club member of The Rangers. I'd be happy for such a fund to be used to meet expenditure on projects the club could ask the members to vote upon.

For example - the club proposes a Rangers league for, say, an under 12 competition in various regions of Scotland.

That's just one simple idea - the fund could pay for anything the members voted on to improve our beloved Rangers.

this (tu)

I've seen many such suggestions here, and on other Rangers sites, over the past 24 months and, particularly, in the months of uncertainty leading up to Craig Whyte's takeover.

Many of these suggestions/ideas had real merit and your idea mirrors many of those previously posted.

Whilst I hate to be a harbinger of doom and gloom, I suspect that your suggestion (like all the others) will be to no avail.

I say that with genuine regret having tried (with several colleagues) to interest the Club in a similar form of fundraising only to be 'fobbed off' with some rather pathetic excuses and a large dose of disinterest!

I eventually received a letter of thanks from the Club essentially saying...'don't call us we'll call you'.

That, of course was during the tenure of Alastair Johnston, and it may be that attitudes have changed under the new owner.

However, as I and my colleagues found out very, very early on in the 'exploration' process, an idea is one thing, trying to bring it to fruition by means of a formal and legal arrangement is quite another.

As someone above has already said...people want 'something' for their money and from personal experience that 'somehing' varies considerably from one person to another.

I suspect that the RST (reconstituted and revitalised of course) is the only realistic 'vehicle' for such a scheme.

interesting albeit not surprising feedback given the previous administration of the club. cheers.

any idea what club mate? and do you think if we contacted them they would be willing to discuss how they arranged?

as for the OP, i think this is a top idea and I would be more than willing to help where i can get this off the ground. Should we perhaps set something up on facebook as a tester t seewhat numbers would donate and get a feel for what fans want to see the money used for and how it would operate?

let me do some digging around RE the other SPL club and other concepts that have worked globally and i will re-post something on this thread after that. the facebook sounding out idea is a good one though once there is a sense of how others have approached it.