What is it with Lomas and his hatred for Rangers?

The Godfather

"Ally McCoist has got a difficult job because of the finances and he has had to follow Walter Smith, who is a legend, so he has a tough job.

"But this wouldn't happen if David Murray was at the club, he wouldn't let it.

"Rangers are a big club but unfortunately they are behaving like a little one."

Who is he to say if this would happen if Murray was at the club? Was Murray not at the club when we let the SPL's top scorer go for under £500k? Was Murray not at the club when Flo was bought for £££'s?

"As a boy, I was a Rangers fan. They are great fans, the Rangers fans, and I'm sure they must be feeling slightly miffed that they can't go out and pay for Fran Sandaza.

You 'were' a Rangers fan? Sorry but you don't just stop supporting a club when you get to a certain point in life....and if you do you were never a Rangers fan in the first place, so don't give it the 'I was a fan' talk you utter clown. I am not 'miffed' we cannot go out and buy Sandaza as like most of us I know our situation and paying money for someone who could come for nothing is 1 of many reasons we are in a finacnial mess.

"I would be worried, especially a guy who is in the last months of his contract. I would be extremely worried if I was a Rangers fan."

I think it's your own clubs fans who should be worried Lomas, it is clear you are a media whore who unless in the cameras is not happy with life. You have achieved nothing in management of any significance yet think you have a right to throw about accusations and jibes about the biggest club in Scotland?

You Mr.Lomas are a grade A wanker.

:wanker:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 'every' person wrong about the people running Rangers?

Since Whyte has been in charge numerous clubs and agents have spoke in dismay at the way we have dealt with transfers.

I'm not condoning Lomas by the way

What have we done wrong in the Sandaza transfer deal?

We approached a player who is out of contract which most teams would do, because we didn't offer money (As we can get him for nothing in 6 months) Lomas takes it to heart?

He is attacking our club because his own club left it till now to offer their best player a new deal.

Being a bear don't mean you roll over and take it when rangers are concerned, he has a duty with st johnston and should put 100% effort to that club and squad and anything outweigh that is irrelevant, he aint no mark McGhee thats for sure

Since Whyte has been in charge numerous clubs and agents have spoke in dismay at the way we have dealt with transfers.

Is (no one) ever right when rangers are concerned in this matter.

Being a bear don't mean you roll over and take it when rangers are concerned, he has a duty with st johnston and should put 100% effort to that club and squad and anything outweigh that is irrelevant, he aint no mark McGhee thats for sure

As someone comming into management who is young and inexpierenced you do do not call Rangers a 'little club' or talk about how the fans must feel.

He is coming across as a total prick and if he continues in this way he just wont last long in his job as he seems to talk more about other clubs than his own.

Rangers had a reputation not so long ago of money being no object, maybe clubs expect Rangers to pay whatever they ask, as we did under Murray, but look where that got us. I for one, am glad we have a man who wont simply spend for the sake of it and refuses to spend money we dont have. We should all be grateful.

No European revenue, no money, its not hard to work out. Squad of 35 with no European football, huge wage bill, another not hard to work out.

Who is he to say if this would happen if Murray was at the club? Was Murray not at the club when we let the SPL's top scorer go for under £500k? Was Murray not at the club when Flo was bought for £££'s?

You 'were' a Rangers fan? Sorry but you don't just stop supporting a club when you get to a certain point in life....and if you do you were never a Rangers fan in the first place, so don't give it the 'I was a fan' talk you utter clown. I am not 'miffed' we cannot go out and buy Sandaza as like most of us I know our situation and paying money for someone who could come for nothing is 1 of many reasons we are in a finacnial mess.

I think it's your own clubs fans who should be worried Lomas, it is clear you are a media whore who unless in the cameras is not happy with life. You have achieved nothing in management of any significance yet think you have a right to throw about accusations and jibes about the biggest club in Scotland?

You Mr.Lomas are a grade A wanker.

:wanker:

What the fuck do you expect him to say? "i'm rangers daft, me. Aye, weve got a game wi them at the weekend, and theyre trying to steel my players on the cheap, but fuck it, follow follow"

The guys got a fuckin job to do. Geez piece with this shite.

What have we done wrong in the Sandaza transfer deal?

We approached a player who is out of contract which most teams would do, because we didn't offer money (As we can get him for nothing in 6 months) Lomas takes it to heart?

He is attacking our club because his own club left it till now to offer their best player a new deal.

Spot on!

His attack is pathetic and odd. We are acting like a small club because we are trying to approach a player on a Bosman deal? All clubs do this surely? I just don't get it. I guess all it really is is trying to pressure us into stumping up the fee. A shite way of doing it mind. We're far more likely to pay it up if you discuss stuff privately and do your business with a bit of respect rather than lay into us in the press. That fucking flat cap was all you needed to know about this walloper

What the fuck do you expect him to say? "i'm rangers daft, me. Aye, weve got a game wi them at the weekend, and theyre trying to steel my players on the cheap, but fuck it, follow follow"

It's the manner in which he's doing it. Alright, he wants a transfer fee. Well we'd probably negotiate that if he wasn't acting like a fucking clown. We've got every right to talk to the player about a pre-contract, this is something he doesn't seem to comprehend. It's certainly not our fault that his contract is about to run out.

As the OP pointed out. Lomas is quicky becoming a grade A wanker. If I didnt know otherwise, i would swaer he was a tim. Everyone knows we have no money and he is just rubbing it in. I do not particularly like whyte but to be fair to him, i fear to think what position we would be in if he didnt take us over. It is a big risk for him to do what he has done.

I do not get where he us coming from. He said something along the lines of 'i do not know what the agenda is'. It's not complicated we are trying to sign the player on a pre contract. It's normal, allowed and we told them our intentions. He seems to be implying we are up to no good like this pre contract strategy is a unheard loop hole we have discovered.

Suppose what he may be thinking is we want him now but if we get him to sign pre contract we can knock the price down ? Was that the case with Bedoya?

So it's ok for him to say we are acting like a 'little club' when in reality most clubs would go down this route as it's in the rules.

He has been on at Rangers for over a week now becuase of this and I'm sick of him having a go at our club because his own couldn't arrange a extended contract for their player....then we would need to offer money, now however we don't.

Rangers had a reputation not so long ago of money being no object, maybe clubs expect Rangers to pay whatever they ask, as we did under Murray, but look where that got us. I for one, am glad we have a man who wont simply spend for the sake of it and refuses to spend money we dont have. We should all be grateful.

No European revenue, no money, its not hard to work out. Squad of 35 with no European football, huge wage bill, another not hard to work out.

So your happy with the way we conducted 'business' in the summer.

Repeated low balling when told prices and missing out on named target after named target?

Not for me.

We looked beyond amateurish in the summer

To many seem to be prepared to paper over the cracks since Whyte took over our transfer dealings have been at best a shambles, The Pantomime we had in the summer over transfers seem to be continuing in which case we have learned nothing and are showing little signs of improvement. Whither it is Smith or others they require to be found and dispensed with

.Yes it is early in the transfer window so we still have time to address the problem before the window closes or are we a doomed to continue to make the same mistakes

To many seem to be prepared to paper over the cracks since Whyte took over our transfer dealings have been at best a shambles, The Pantomime we had in the summer over transfers seem to be continuing in which case we have learned nothing and are showing little signs of improvement. Whither it is Smith or others they require to be found and dispensed with

.Yes it is early in the transfer window so we still have time to address the problem before the window closes or are we a doomed to continue to make the same mistakes

Well you can diss plenty of our dealings but god knows how Whyte is to blame for allowing us to offer a guy a pre-contract offer? This is exactly the type of business we should be doing, looking for players we like and trying to get them for nowt. We've done absolutely fuck all wrong here

So your happy with the way we conducted 'business' in the summer.

Repeated low balling when told prices and missing out on named target after named target?

Not for me.

We looked beyond amateurish in the summer

We done an awful lot of business in the summer. I was happy with some aspects and not so happy with other aspects. Mr Whyte and his team being new to football, were never going to get it all correct, no club ever does, even with experienced men at the helm. Ally is not new to the game, he should have known better about certain things but done well with other things.

Do you want to go through who and why we missed out on them..........? Not one a great loss imo.

Cuellar - Was injured until mid September, was a pointless offer, ended up with Goian (tu)

Goodwillie - Was never worth almost £3m, bullet dodged, where was Allys other targets? (tu)

Hemed - We offered more money than Mallorca, he chose Spain, not the clubs fault, where was Allys other targets? (tu)

Conway - An offer was never made to the player, ended up with Aluko, had Bendiksen, signed up Wylde long term. (tu)

Juhasz - Club renaged on promise to the player, ended up with Bocanegra. (tu)

Any more?

Mr Whyte has admitted mistakes were made and we would learn from them. Allowing Ally to build such a huge squad and sign so many players was probably the biggest mistake.