Kalu Uche

Another one being linked fantastic! We have been linked with hundreds of names and strikers etc but nothing concrete so far and we are 26 days into the window.

I agree, it's been very frustrating. I really expect things to start moving from today onwards though, and suspect just about everything hinges on Jelavic leaving.

In 2005–06, Uche moved to UD Almería, and was instrumental in helping the Andalusia outfit to its first ever La Liga promotion in his second year, netting eight league goals (with three in the last five matches). He made his first division debut on 26 August 2007, coming from the bench in a 3–0 win at Deportivo de La Coruña.

On 11 January 2009, profiting from the absence of first-choice Álvaro Negredo, Uche netted both goals in a 2–2 draw at Espanyol.[3] On 5 December, he scored the side's second goal at Real Madrid for the 2–1, but the hosts eventually rallied back to 4–2.[4]

In the following summer, Negredo was sold to Sevilla FC (via Real Madrid), and Uche became Almería's most important offensive reference. He finished 2009–10 with a career-best nine goals, namely a brace on 4 May 2010 against Villarreal CF (4–2 home win), which all but certified the club's permanence in the top level for another year.[5]

Uche spent the first month of the 2010–11 season on the sidelines, due to injury. In the second match upon his return, on 26 September 2010, he scored twice at Deportivo (2–0), for Almería's first win of the campaign,[6] going on to net seven in 32 games as the team was finally relegated after a four-year stay.

4 August 2011, Uche joined Swiss Super League side Neuchâtel Xamax on a two-year deal.[7]

MADRID Jan 30 (Reuters) - Espanyol have agreed to sign attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho and forward Kalu Uche to help boost their bid for a place in Europe next season, the La Liga side said on Monday.

Brazil youth international Coutinho, 19, moves from Inter Milan on loan until the end of the season, and Nigeria international Uche, 29, signed a one-and-a-half year deal to move from Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax.

"I want to help the team get into the Champions League," Coutinho told reporters when he arrived in Barcelona. "I want to get playing time ahead of the Olympic Games in London."

Espanyol, UEFA Cup finalists in 2007, are fifth in La Liga and only kept out of the Champions League places on goal difference by fourth-placed Levante. (Reporting by Mark Elkington, editing by Justin Palmer)