Mixed Messages?

Marky_RFC

I have always been someone who takes everything I read, in the gutter press of this country, with a pinch of salt. I see another sensationalised headline today in the Daily Rebel and read the delight at the sad tims with their little comments at the bottom. I'm not for a minute burying my head and saying nothing is wrong but the truth is its all speculation and bitching that has got us to this point not facts.

First of all Whyte has spent money on signings and new contracts, a good bit of this was subsidised by Bougherras sale but not all of it. I firmly believe many of our signings as John Brown alluded to in the ET last week were back up choices after we didnt qualify for Europe. That was a major setback and I dont blame Whyte for not just throwing more money at the situation to bring in average (big money) signings to compete in only the SPL...who could we attract anyway? And as the first 3 months of the season proved we should have had a good enough squad anyway to win it.

Whyte has kept to alot of the promises he made re improving the matchday experience at Ibrox (screens etc) as well as developing the Rangers brand. Im maybe wrong but you dont put in place new marketing strategies etc if you are a conman who wants to make money and do a bunk. I think the scaremongering from the media and the scum has got to alot of people. Yes the tax case could fuck us but Man Utd are in Billions of debt, yes a different situation but they COULD be fucked as well. The DR have printed a non-entity of a story (as usual), so what if he's done that? Many clubs do and if it gives us the opportunity to bring in guys like Mervan, Aluko etc to add to the squad im sure most would accept that. He is clearly doing this as insurance against a potential loss in the tax case.

Everyone goes on about its a disgrace we are bringing trialists in and not signing them, the tims take great joy in this but I for one am happy. For too many years Rangers brought in guys on big wages who ended up hopless, why not take a look first and be more prudent. Throwing our money around is how we are here in the first place. Someone said yesterday on here its a joke Hibs are getting a player "we cant afford". Well for a kick-off its not a Liverpool after this guy, its Hibs so Im maybe wrong again but I doubt wer missing out on much.

I firmly believe we will sign someone today to replace Jelavic (hopefully 2) and with everything else we will see what happens. Im not saying wer not in trouble but don't listen to that arsehole Alistair Johnston.....This man had the time to get an investor/buyer and failed and all his mates with their millions who are "true Rangers fans", where were they when we needed new investment? Whyte may not be the hero we all want but he's what wev got and until something actually happens and not just speculation started by pathetic tims, I will continue to back him and will always support the Rangers.

I have always been someone who takes everything I read, in the gutter press of this country, with a pinch of salt. I see another sensationalised headline today in the Daily Rebel and read the delight at the sad tims with their little comments at the bottom. I'm not for a minute burying my head and saying nothing is wrong but the truth is its all speculation and bitching that has got us to this point not facts.

First of all Whyte has spent money on signings and new contracts, a good bit of this was subsidised by Bougherras sale but not all of it. I firmly believe many of our signings as John Brown alluded to in the ET last week were back up choices after we didnt qualify for Europe. That was a major setback and I dont blame Whyte for not just throwing more money at the situation to bring in average (big money) signings to compete in only the SPL...who could we attract anyway? And as the first 3 months of the season proved we should have had a good enough squad anyway to win it.

Whyte has kept to alot of the promises he made re improving the matchday experience at Ibrox (screens etc) as well as developing the Rangers brand. Im maybe wrong but you dont put in place new marketing strategies etc if you are a conman who wants to make money and do a bunk. I think the scaremongering from the media and the scum has got to alot of people. Yes the tax case could fuck us but Man Utd are in Billions of debt, yes a different situation but they COULD be fucked as well. The DR have printed a non-entity of a story (as usual), so what if he's done that? Many clubs do and if it gives us the opportunity to bring in guys like Mervan, Aluko etc to add to the squad im sure most would accept that. He is clearly doing this as insurance against a potential loss in the tax case.

Everyone goes on about its a disgrace we are bringing trialists in and not signing them, the tims take great joy in this but I for one am happy. For too many years Rangers brought in guys on big wages who ended up hopless, why not take a look first and be more prudent. Throwing our money around is how we are here in the first place. Someone said yesterday on here its a joke Hibs are getting a player "we cant afford". Well for a kick-off its not a Liverpool after this guy, its Hibs so Im maybe wrong again but I doubt wer missing out on much.

I firmly believe we will sign someone today to replace Jelavic (hopefully 2) and with everything else we will see what happens. Im not saying wer not in trouble but don't listen to that arsehole Alistair Johnston.....This man had the time to get an investor/buyer and failed and all his mates with their millions who are "true Rangers fans", where were they when we needed new investment? Whyte may not be the hero we all want but he's what wev got and until something actually happens and not just speculation started by pathetic tims, I will continue to back him and will always support the Rangers.

(tu) enjoyed that mate

Whyte may not be the hero we want, at the moment, but, I think he is certainly what we need.

Some good points there mate.

As for the trialist stuff. Do folk think that there are no other clubs looking at people? Hibs have had a ton of trialists and not signed them, christ they've got Claros on trial just now, doesn't mean they have to sign him up.

Should we sign every one that comes and have a team full of useless players just to satisfy some peoples need for new faces?

As the old saying goes, "you can only piss with the cock you've got" I didn't see anyone else rushing to take over the reins when Whyte bought the club - right now he's the only person making an efort to sort things out, regardless of how some view him. Would we be better off if he'd kept his hand in his pocket? Who knows, doubt we'd have made the few signings we have if the bank was still running the show & we'd probably have lost more important players, however i'm hopefull this all works out favourably & a Timplosion of great magnitude will commence. :crabflute: