This £10M "hole" in the budget

The Beast

I'm not an accountant or any kind of financial expert

but

If this defecit in our operating expenses exists, how the fuck did the previous board manage to reduce the total monies owing to Lloyds each year?

It went from £30M to £18M in a few seasons.

If anything our opeating expenses would have been higher in previous seasons as we had more higher paid players than we do now.

Or is this just more shite and disinformation?

I'm not an accountant or any kind of financial expert

but

If this defecit in our operating expenses exists, how the fuck did the previous board manage to reduce the total monies owing to Lloyds each year?

It went from £30M to £18M in a few seasons.

If anything our opeating expenses would have been higher in previous seasons as we had more higher paid players than we do now.

Or is this just more shite and disinformation?

Yip you're not, simple if we dont have European football then we have the £10 million shortfall. We never had European football this season while we did in previous seasons.

Yip you're not, simple if we dont have European football then we have the £10 million shortfall. We never had European football this season while we did in previous seasons.

Ok fair point....

but a few questions:

1) £10M is earned by getting to the CL groups. A run to the UEFA/Europa league final only netted us £7M - we didn't get to the group stages every year.

2) So why did Whyte borrow £24M from Ticketus, why not just borrow the £10M for this year ?

3) Why didn't Whyte say this re European football?

4) My understanding was that football clubs based their financial forecasts on being knocked out of every competition in the first round. So are you saying we don't do that any more ?

so thats-

9mil saved from tax

20mill from ticketus

6mil jelavic

=35 million he better have put away for us. if he does not heavily invest once were out of admin there will be very big problems

+ the money from Boughera and Charlie Adam sell-on.

i seem to remember years ago david murray saying he always budgeted for the worst case scenario - ie no european football.

i also remember craig whyte saying he had budgeted for europa league football (at least). i cant find sources now but if someone could then it would be great.

Ok fair point....

but a few questions:

1) £10M is earned by getting to the CL groups. A run to the UEFA/Europa league final only netted us £7M - we didn't get to the group stages every year.

2) So why did Whyte borrow £24M from Ticketus, why not just borrow the £10M for this year ?

3) Why didn't Whyte say this re European football?

4) My understanding was that football clubs based their financial forecasts on being knocked out of every competition in the first round. So are you saying we don't do that any more ?

Point 1 - Dont understand your point

Point 2 - No idea

Point 3 Whyte has said this about European Football, has said that we havea £10 million shorfall before European football. As did the previous regime

Point 4 never have, Murray said this around 1990 but if you believe that!

i seem to remember years ago david murray saying he always budgeted for the worst case scenario - ie no european football.

i also remember craig whyte saying he had budgeted for europa league football (at least). i cant find sources now but if someone could then it would be great.

Please tell me you never said that! :)

A £10m hole ??? But we saved £9m on PAYE. :anguish:

Administrators now casting doubt on the game on Saturday. :anguish:

And still people walk in their sleep. :anguish:

I think its you thats walking in your sleep, I believe this was mentioned on Clyde tonight and you lapped it up. Police already said today there wont be a problem, not once did the police not go to Dens or fir park when they were in administration

I think its you thats walking in your sleep, I believe this was mentioned on Clyde tonight and you lapped it up. Police already said today there wont be a problem, not once did the police not go to Dens or fir park when they were in administration

The administrators have stated on our own website that they have "certain issues they need to cover off" with police and suppliers to ensure the game goes ahead. (tu)

We always run at a loss when we dont play in Europe, a horrible way to run any football club. Murray spoke of living within our means but could never do it because he had to keep giving his managers money to support them and appease fans.