Ally McCoist quote

debear

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had serious doubts about Ally as manager and I hate myself for saying that but right now I can't think of anybody I'd rather have in that position. I can't think of anybody better equipped to rally the fans and that quote will certainly be long remembered.

Put me down for a t-shirt or two if they ever appear.

He took some amount of stick as a player, a lot of it way over the top, before he became the legend that he is today. That didn't change the fact he is a bear and I don't expect the stick he's taken as a manager will either. No matter what anyone says about Ally, no-one can dispute his love for the club.

No doubt about that he is a legend.

However he is a shit manager. We should have been in the CL and the fact we are not is down to him. I wonder if that CLmoney would have made a difference?

No doubt about that he is a legend.

However he is a shit manager. We should have been in the CL and the fact we are not is down to him. I wonder if that CLmoney would have made a difference?

As usual, there's always one. Had to get to the last post to find it though.

We Are... Ally McCoist

As usual, there's always one. Had to get to the last post to find it though.

We Are... Ally McCoist

No one is argueing Ally isnt a legend.

But before adminstration he was getting hounded on here. I still dont think he should have been appointed as manager. Going from double figures clear or 9 depending on how you look at it to 4 behind is a fucking scandal.

Getting knocked out of every cup competition both domestic and Europe at just about the first hurdle is not acceptable. Not to mention the massive loss in revenue that came with it.

He is the right man for the job now as he is a dyed in the wool bear and will speak from the heart telling us what we want to hear. The football has became irrelevant. I admire his bottle for staying and facing up to all this bullshit. However as a manager of the Rangers on a purely football basis, he has been a disaster. When we are back on our feet (and I think we could be sooner than folk think) I dont want him to be at the helm.

Don't think he's just telling anyone what they want to hear, just think he is genuinely talking from the heart. He's not the worst manager we've had. Remember, even fergie took a few years to settle at man u & he had mega money to play with. As the saying goes " you can only pee wi the c**k you've got" & going with the funds Ally's had available, he's standing wi a half incher.

''He is the right man for the job now as he is a dyed in the wool bear and will speak from the heart telling us what we want to hear. The football has became irrelevant. I admire his bottle for staying and facing up to all this bullshit. However as a manager of the Rangers on a purely football basis, he has been a disaster. When we are back on our feet (and I think we could be sooner than folk think) I dont want him to be at the helm.''

The first part of what you posted is the only relevant piece-if he is at the helm for what is going to happen, and I have no way of knowing what is going to happen, then he deserves our respect on top of all he did as a player. I disagree with your second point and find it in bad taste and ill thought out given what is going on now. You need to focus on the club now-I hate to think what would have occurred had a manager from outside, as in with no love for the club, would have done given what has happened this week.

Alzfj5BCEAABZMS.jpg

There's your pic mate - superb!

Someone stick that on a t-shirt and it'll sell like the proverbial hot-cakes.

PS - looking at the twitter page more closely, it seems to have been posted by Rab Boyle: is that also 'The Rabbit' of RangersMedia fame who now works for The Rangers?

He is the greatest of all time in my eyes, he is one of the reasons i support rangers. He will always have my backing whatever happens

When all this is done and dusted I would like to see Ally bestowed with the title of Greatest Ever Ranger. That is not a slur on John Greig, he was just before my time. When he sees us through these troubled times the man will deserve a medal, regardless of on field results.

PS - looking at the twitter page more closely, it seems to have been posted by Rab Boyle: is that also 'The Rabbit' of RangersMedia fame who now works for The Rangers?

I believe it is the same person.

He's not the worst manager we've had. Remember, even fergie took a few years to settle at man u & he had mega money to play with. As the saying goes " you can only pee wi the c**k you've got" & going with the funds Ally's had available, he's standing wi a half incher.

Um, he is the worst manager we have had. We were staring winning nothing this season in the face and he has a more funds than almost every team we have played this season bar one. Our performances in Europe this season would have had an influence on what is happening right now.

Ally is a legend as a player and possibly a great cheerleader at this difficult time but not as a manager.