VB Meeting With Craig Whyte

Edmiston Drive

As soon as this man walked into office looking to set up RST from the off I thought hmm great idea wrong individual.

You are indeed spot on as to clique and if you fill in the missing name from a USA sitcom you have the second mistake this group incurred at launch

- - - - - - - in the middle.

Interesting story, I attended the initial meeting above Annie Millers where plans of the RST were announced. It became clear time was of the essence as Murray was attempting to set up a Shill Trust.

Anyway, Glass was making his speech and began passing out some literature. I was sitting about five feet away and Dingwall muttered to him "should you be showing them that?" and Glass whispered back "I promise you it's not in there Mark."

No idea what it was but clearly secretive and underhand tactics from the start.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With Club officials? Nope.

I refuse to let this descend in to another pop at VB because some on here love that.

Again all i can say is that until you attend one of these meetings personally then and only then will you realise why certain information cannot be leaked or released.

As for Glass and Dingwall...you would have been in the company of a fair few from VB then.

We all want the best for Rangers FC do we not?

Interesting story, I attended the initial meeting above Annie Millers where plans of the RST were announced. It became clear time was of the essence as Murray was attempting to set up a Shill Trust.

Anyway, Glass was making his speech and began passing out some literature. I was sitting about five feet away and Dingwall muttered to him "should you be showing them that?" and Glass whispered back "I promise you it's not in there Mark."

The chap Dingwall never appeared at any of the meetings in the office. My take on the guy Glass is that he had a personal grievance with Murray over some job that we thought he should have got.

But as I mentioned the person whose name you probably worked out , jumped in sensing meetings with Murray and all that goes with it. Although he would not be one for keeping quiet about telling everyone about his meetings.wait! would keep quiet with others in this rst but holding court in the pub would tell all and sundry about said meetings.

The chap Dingwall never appeared at any of the meetings in the office. My take on the guy Glass is that he had a personal grievance with Murray over some job that we thought he should have got.

But as I mentioned the person whose name you probably worked out , jumped in sensing meetings with Murray and all that goes with it. Although he would not be one for keeping quiet about telling everyone about his meetings.wait! would keep quiet with others in this rst but holding court in the pub would tell all and sundry about said meetings.

I refuse to let this descend in to another pop at VB because some on here love that.

Again all i can say is that until you attend one of these meetings personally then and only then will you realise why certain information cannot be leaked or released.

As for Glass and Dingwall...you would have been in the company of a fair few from VB then.

Do you put Whyte under the banner of harming the club deliberately or is there still hope.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=211842&view=findpost&p=1059800513

I have no agenda with VB, being honest I don't know a thing about them. I'm assuming it's guys like Feriens Tego, Jaaz, Barman, Stan Smith, Bouncy etc from FF and the Rivals messageboard days.

I agree we all want the best for Rangers and I don't question anyone's initial motives. It's when they are exposed to the tea and biscuits at the Club that I think things go awry. It's not the individual's fault, it's just human nature.

We're obviously not going to agree but I simply don't buy the "if you were there you'd understand" argument. It was a bullsh!t argument when Dingwall and Glass used it and it's still a bullsh!t argument.

What do you mean by "the office"?

I'm not so much interested in the individual personalities and think the actual motives of these things begin with an element of purity. Unfortunately they inevitably lead an Animal Farm situation.

What do you mean by "the office"?

I'm not so much interested in the individual personalities and think the actual motives of these things begin with an element of purity. Unfortunately they inevitably lead an Animal Farm situation.

The office he came to for advice to set up the trust.

I have no agenda with VB, being honest I don't know a thing about them. I'm assuming it's guys like Feriens Tego, Jaaz, Barman, Stan Smith, Bouncy etc from FF and the Rivals messageboard days.

I agree we all want the best for Rangers and I don't question anyone's initial motives. It's when they are exposed to the tea and biscuits at the Club that I think things go awry. It's not the individual's fault, it's just human nature.

We're obviously not going to agree but I simply don't buy the "if you were there you'd understand" argument. It was a bullsh!t argument when Dingwall and Glass used it and it's still a bullsh!t argument.

I know of no one in our group who is swayed by this tea and biscuits shite. Others may be but our conscience is 100% clear.

We'll agree to disagree.

The office he came to for advice to set up the trust.

Ok, got you. Well he was very much active in the background. The idea was presented to a wider audience above Annie Millers and the inaugural meeting was held at Partick Burgh Halls.

With regards Glass, I remember pointing out to (probably) the most well known FF contributor that he was a snob (always banging on about driving a BMW, reading broadsheets, being privately educated etc) and it was quite clear that he thought he should be on the RFC Board. He could not handle being questioned on RST due diligence, accountability and transparency.

I know of no one in our group who is swayed by this tea and biscuits shite. Others may be but our conscience is 100% clear.

We'll agree to disagree.

The point is, and I say this brother to brother, tea and biscuits brings with it silence and secrecy.

Like I say, a chest puffing exercise the wider support don't benefit from.

Ok, got you. Well he was very much active in the background. The idea was presented to a wider audience above Annie Millers and the inaugural meeting was held at Partick Burgh Halls.

With regards Glass, I remember pointing out to (probably) the most well known FF contributor that he was a snob (always banging on about driving a BMW, reading broadsheets, being privately educated etc) and it was quite clear that he thought he should be on the RFC Board. He could not handle being questioned on RST due diligence, accountability and transparency.

Last paragraph summed him up to a T. Was my impression. The Burgh Halls came as a result of meetings in office.

Severe chip on the old shoulder re getting thrown aside by murray.

The point is, and I say this brother to brother, tea and biscuits brings with it silence and secrecy.

Like I say, a chest puffing exercise the wider support don't benefit from.

Well he bought our silence for nothing...he never even offered us tea and biscuits :sherlock:

On a more serious note though i disagree completely with your view but can understand why you hold it.

And the reason i say it is because if you know the guys personally that you named then you know who they are, what they are and would realise there is no way on this earth they would be "bought" by tea and biscuits and chest puffing exercises.

Well he bought our silence for nothing...he never even offered us tea and biscuits :sherlock:

On a more serious note though i disagree completely with your view but can understand why you hold it.

And the reason i say it is because if you know the guys personally that you named then you know who they are, what they are and would realise there is no way on this earth they would be "bought" by tea and biscuits and chest puffing exercises.

Look, I've met those guys a few times and don't doubt their love of the Rangers. Don't doubt it one bit. To be honest they're much better Rangers supporters than I'll ever be.

The tea and biscuits thing was a euphemism. The point I'm trying to make is these meetings lead to secrecy and keeping things within a small and select group. It's great for them to know what's going on and hear the gossip but the wider support do not benefit one bit from it. That is not and will never be right.

Look, I've met those guys a few times and don't doubt their love of the Rangers. Don't doubt it one bit. To be honest they're much better Rangers supporters than I'll ever be.

The tea and biscuits thing was a euphemism. The point I'm trying to make is these meetings lead to secrecy and keeping things within a small and select group. It's great for them to know what's going on and hear the gossip but the wider support do not benefit one bit from it. That is not and will never be right.

I am not disagreeing with you either except on the point we are keeping information from the fans just to say "we are in the know"

ALL business meetings i have been in for over 20 years has had some information that will not be disclosed to all and sundry. Not saying it's always been right but that's business.

I can only re-iterate what i said earlier...there is NO way these guys (and the others concerned) would ever withhold sensitive information just for an ego trip.

I am not disagreeing with you either except on the point we are keeping information from the fans just to say "we are in the know"

ALL business meetings i have been in for over 20 years has had some information that will not be disclosed to all and sundry. Not saying it's always been right but that's business.

I can only re-iterate what i said earlier...there is NO way these guys (and the others concerned) would ever withhold sensitive information just for an ego trip.

It's not a business meeting though, it simply isn't however much we wish it was. It's a meeting between the club and fan representatives.

As I said above, the leak doesn't have to be direct but it can leak out to the wider support all the same. There are many anonymous channels available for this.

Mr Sifter...who were you from those rare auld times ?

Mr Sifter...who were you from those rare auld times ?

I think it's best if that is left in the mists of time!

I do remember you were on my MSN messenger circa the year 2000.

Assume you no longer post on FF? I believe I was the first to be purged from FF for questioning how the RST was being run.

The fundamental issue must be that any credibile, informative outcomes targeted via private meetings of club directors and fan-representatives are immediately compromised for those excluded by demands for non-disclosure.

Essentially undermining the value of any talks to the very people you might ask to support your goals.