The Truth About Rangers Monthly

DarcheVinny

Yesterday afternoon, news broke in the online community, that publishing of Rangers Monthly was to be suspended by the administrators, until further notice. Immediately, it was assumed that this decision was made because of the 'fact' that the successful glossy mag' wasn't making a profit - or enough of a profit - to continue with publishing.

Supporters money will not be repaid - understandably - but pre paid subscriptions will have however many months added to them, when the club is able to resume the publication.

Rangers Monthly has been making a wee profit, which on the surface makes the decision made by the administrators, a little confusing. The problem lies with the fact it can take several months to recoup monies from retailers, who sell the monthly to the general public. So the wee profit I refer to, is eventually made. This is the case for any publication being sold by retailers, it takes time to get the money! Clearly too much time as far as the administrators are concerned.

This also explains why the Monthly was being sold next to the official programmes, at Ibrox, prior to the recent defeat to Kilmarnock. So don't be confused if some copies of the latest edition, are on sale again this weekend.

It is a shame, as the magazine has been a fancy and thoroughly enjoyable addition to the media offerings from Rangers. I was even lucky to appear in a copy, in the 'fans with laptops' column, as were many others!

All I can suggest, is that if you want to see the Monthly return as soon as possible - and it will be returning when possible - go to the club website and subscribe! The club needs money and now. If all of us - myself included - who bought the mag' from retailers around the country, subscribed direct from the club, I am sure it would return much sooner.

Rangers Monthly and your club need you!

Subscribe here now! I have.

It's a dated format having weekly/monthly football magazine everyone just reads or watches videos online nowadays.

i collect everything Rangers and if ur comment ever came true thier would be anything for my great great grandweans to read. Monthly has been a success to me its packed full of great stuff, i only now regret buying off Peter the packi instead of thru Rangers.

hope it is brought back soon, nothing worse than goin into a shop and seeing Celtic Views, i like to Stick a couple of Rangers monthlys in front of them!!!

It's a dated format having weekly/monthly football magazine everyone just reads or watches videos online nowadays.

while i agree with you partially, i think a monthly mag is ok and a good idea.

weekly/fortnightly would NOT do so well i suspect but once a month gives you alot more range of stuff to include while it isnt so often that you get sick of it.

its a good wee read while your on the shitter, makes squeezing out a jaggy one not so torrid

Should of been made into an iPad magazine app. 70% of revenue straight into the club and suddenly reaching a fan base across the globe...

Most big names in magazines jumped on this bandwagon last year ad have all reported good returns

weekly/fortnightly would do so well i suspect but once a month gives you alot more range of stuff to include while it isnt so often that you get sick of it.

its a good wee read while your on the shitter, makes squeezing out a jaggy one not so torrid

That's what Number One was created for - our original logo was a toilet pan with a cartoon lad having an Ertha Kitt whilst reading the zine.

There's also that fail-safe option that, whilst in there squeezing one out, were you to run out of arsewipe paper the pages of the zine, whilst not as soft and gentle on the chorus & verse, can be used in an emergency.

Try doing that with one of these e-reader iPad fuckers. :sherlock:

That's what Number One was created for - our original logo was a toilet pan with a cartoon lad having an Ertha Kitt whilst reading the zine.

There's also that fail-safe option that, whilst in there squeezing one out, were you to run out of arsewipe paper the pages of the zine, whilst not as soft and gentle on the chorus & verse, can be used in an emergency.

Try doing that with one of these e-reader iPad fuckers. :sherlock:

:uk:(tu)

weekly/fortnightly would do so well i suspect but once a month gives you alot more range of stuff to include while it isnt so often that you get sick of it.

Couldn't agree more (tu)

Yesterday afternoon, news broke in the online community, that publishing of Rangers Monthly was to be suspended by the administrators, until further notice. Immediately, it was assumed that this decision was made because of the 'fact' that the successful glossy mag' wasn't making a profit - or enough of a profit - to continue with publishing.

Supporters money will not be repaid - understandably - but pre paid subscriptions will have however many months added to them, when the club is able to resume the publication.

Rangers Monthly has been making a wee profit, which on the surface makes the decision made by the administrators, a little confusing. The problem lies with the fact it can take several months to recoup monies from retailers, who sell the monthly to the general public. So the wee profit I refer to, is eventually made. This is the case for any publication being sold by retailers, it takes time to get the money! Clearly too much time as far as the administrators are concerned.

This also explains why the Monthly was being sold next to the official programmes, at Ibrox, prior to the recent defeat to Kilmarnock. So don't be confused if some copies of the latest edition, are on sale again this weekend.

It is a shame, as the magazine has been a fancy and thoroughly enjoyable addition to the media offerings from Rangers. I was even lucky to appear in a copy, in the 'fans with laptops' column, as were many others!

All I can suggest, is that if you want to see the Monthly return as soon as possible - and it will be returning when possible - go to the club website and subscribe! The club needs money and now. If all of us - myself included - who bought the mag' from retailers around the country, subscribed direct from the club, I am sure it would return much sooner.

The magazine was crap in my opinion and after phoning with my input and suggestions to make the magazine a little more marketable they were NOT INTERESTED.

I also do audits in all the stores and Supermarket chains and i can assure you our magazine was not being treated fairly in most if not all Outlets In many

'let us say unwashed areas ie they were being covered up so no sales could go through.

On the whole i think if it ever comes back it has to be from a Fans viewpoint and we have to use it to defend/ attack the lies in mainstream media with it or i feel the Magazine is just pointless really

as know one wants to buy the party line anymore

The magazine was crap in my opinion and after phoning with my input and suggestions to make the magazine a little more marketable they were NOT INTERESTED.

I also do audits in all the stores and Supermarket chains and i can assure you our magazine was not being treated fairly in most if not all Outlets In many

'let us say unwashed areas ie they were being covered up so no sales could go through.

On the whole i think if it ever comes back it has to be from a Fans viewpoint and we have to use it to defend/ attack the lies in mainstream media with it or i feel the Magazine is just pointless really

as know one wants to buy the party line anymore

Like a mainstream follow follow mag? For fans, by fans, but brought out by the club. Could be good.

That wasn't you, that was Simon Brown!