Only photo of our Pavillion at Kinning Park.

Colonel Mustard

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing that the Club must have kept in contact with the cricket club all those years later , when we were allowed to train at their Titwood pitch :praise:

(as it says here )

The Ground was formerly owned by The Clydesdale Cricket Club, who themselves moved to Titwood park that year.

Amazing that the Club must have kept in contact with the cricket club all those years later , when we were allowed to train at their Titwood pitch :praise:

(as it says here )

The Ground was formerly owned by The Clydesdale Cricket Club, who themselves moved to Titwood park that year.

The club captain of the Clydesdale Cricket Club at the time kept a scrapbook from their founding until 1890, including their time at Kinning Park, hopefully we'll get our hands on that soon.

Anyway, I set myself a little project. Creating a 3D Model of Kinning Park with what basic information we have, so here is a very basic start made with Google Sketchup (I used to use Pro Desktop/Engineer - but it doesn't work on my Mac :( so the textures are a bit basic and shitey!)

It may not have been exactly like this at all, but it'll give a basic indication of what the park may have looked like based on the diagram and photographs we do have.

(And yes, I did the windows wrong on the clubhouse, editing them as we speak!)

View as entering the gate from the East.

89702970.jpg

Overall view of the park.

54285793.jpg

View from the grandstand.

55500139.jpg

The Grandstand - similar view to that of the picture below it.

80016293.jpg

grandstandweb.jpg

View from the clubhouse.

10201493.jpg

My old primary, Lambhill St, was built on the exact position of the Kinning Park ground.

I got caught on my first day throwing stuff at the bheggars,their school was on the other side of a high fence.

Think the teacher gave me a gold star.

:mutley:

Whereabouts in KP you from?

The club captain of the Clydesdale Cricket Club at the time kept a scrapbook from their founding until 1890, including their time at Kinning Park, hopefully we'll get our hands on that soon.

Anyway, I set myself a little project. Creating a 3D Model of Kinning Park with what basic information we have, so here is a very basic start made with Google Sketchup (I used to use Pro Desktop/Engineer - but it doesn't work on my Mac :( so the textures are a bit basic and shitey!)

It may not have been exactly like this at all, but it'll give a basic indication of what the park may have looked like based on the diagram and photographs we do have.

89702970.jpg

54285793.jpg

55500139.jpg

80016293.jpg

grandstandweb.jpg

View from the clubhouse.

10201493.jpg

You should go and work on time team! :D

Might have been the best time to support our club, you wonder what they players would think of the mess we are in today.

Thing is, even then we were in financial bother back then. According to the Gallant Pioneers book we nearly went under in 1882 under the stewardship of a chairman who was using the club for his own ends. But yes, those gallant pioneers and those who came after would be turning in their graves at what has been going on.

Thing is, even then we were in financial bother back then. According to the Gallant Pioneers book we nearly went under in 1882 under the stewardship of a chairman who was using the club for his own ends. But yes, those gallant pioneers and those who came after would be turning in their graves at what has been going on.

If there is a heaven all our bears that we have lost will be disgusted with what has went on.

89702970.jpg

54285793.jpg

55500139.jpg

80016293.jpg

grandstandweb.jpg

View from the clubhouse.

10201493.jpg

Wonder if anyone from the Clydesdale Cricket Club at Titwood kept a record or photos of when we trained there . Thanks for the wee glimpse into the past there McBoyd . We truly are a wonderfull and original team

Agreed. Some people, even way back then, see Rangers as a moneyspinner. But hpoefully there are many true & loyal Rangers fans out there, as there was in the past. But is John Wallace MacKay related to Mr Whyte? Similarities :sherlock:

89702970.jpg

54285793.jpg

55500139.jpg

80016293.jpg

grandstandweb.jpg

View from the clubhouse.

10201493.jpg

That's pretty good mate.

Found an old map of the Burnbank ground with Rangers FC marked on it.

not posted an image before. I hope this works

7858.jpg

http://www.glasgowacciesrfc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=384:1872-and-all-that&catid=1:rugby&Itemid=3

Good work! I used to live on Arlington Street a couple of blocks away from ground, am still quite close in my pied a terre on Wilton Strasse! :sherlock:

TGSE00190_m.jpg

I was looking for some pics of Burnbank and came across this , I've never seen it before , so if you never seen this before either <cr> , who would you say this is thats just kicked the ball at a Rangers game ?

Kick off was delayed 20 minutes in that game, waiting for the speeches to finish.

Found this:

Eleven for All England photographed by Duncan Brown, probably 1880s or 1890s. Brown photographed a cricket match on open ground off Great Western Road. The ground was probably at Burnbank, which was the home of Glasgow Academicals Football Club (a rugby club) and briefly (in 1875) of Glasgow Rangers FC. All-England Elevens were frequent visitors to Scotland in the 1880s and 1890s, to play cricket teams such as West of Scotland and Clydesdale.

Duncan Brown (1819-1897) was a talented amateur photographer whose work documents aspects of Glasgow life from the 1850s until the 1890s.

Reference: 187

I've not put photo in as it may need permission of Glasgow School of Art Archives

but here's the link

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/image.php?inum=TGSE01017&add=99&t=2