Jim McColl

Jim McColl cannot be a bluenose. No way would a man with his kind of dough, see his team suffer like this.

I believe he has a soft spot for the Club but I don't believe it goes beyond that.

He certainly doesn't take hospitality at the Chairman's Club the way the likes of the Scott Group, Graham's Dairies and Parks of Hamilton do.

i hope hes involved in someway.

is he a rangers man? probably not, but then again he might be a casual fan who perhaps has had his reasons before for not wanting to get invovled. The amount of scrutiny you become under from the press & fans, paparaazzi outside your house etc... i can understand why he might not want to get his hands dirty if he's not a die hard fan.

perhaps being part of a consortium, where he can take more of a back seat but still have a big influence on the running of the club, large shareholding & the funding of a billionaire (technicially he is a billionaire as wealth is measured in $USD).

I know in the past he met with supporters groups, but merely as an advisor on any sort of fan ownership - so he is certainly interested at least enough to meet and advise the fans...

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully he's involved in some way. Was at the SIE conference in the Concert Hall yesterday, he was speaking at it. His way of doing business sounds exactly like what we need to be honest.