Administrators in talks with HMRC over CVA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the 'over the next few days' part I was commenting on.

I would hope there was an ongoing dialogue between the admin and players. The trouble is that we are all desperate for news just now and every wee titbit is analysed to death when in fact we really should no better. Best to wait for news from the admin themselves. That is easier said than done though but they have been good thus far in communicating with us.

I would hope there was an ongoing dialogue between the admin and players. The trouble is that we are all desperate for news just now and every wee titbit is analysed to death when in fact we really should no better. Best to wait for news from the admin themselves. That is easier said than done though but they have been good thus far in communicating with us.

Totally agree, it's just very hard waiting for news and looking from the outside in

If there is an agreement with HMRC by using a CVA then its part 1 of the Plan done. Thank you Mr Whyte for getting this sorted. Forcing HMRC to do a deal is a master stroke.

We will now be a very attractive club to buy. I remember before you arrived no one wanted Rangers . If there is an agreement with HMRC then there will be a queue of buyers.

If HMRC is in talks about a CVA I`d like to think an outcome is very near about the BIG TAX CASE. One way or another. I`m sure it would be hard to do a deal with a CVA if you don`t know what we owe them.( anything between £9M - £84M)

Administrators have already stated they can agree a cva on the big tax case before a figure has been put on it

(tu)

I'm sick of telling ppl this, it was "admin day 1" when this was confirmed.

Yet ppl still ignore this info.

Can't wait till all this is over :(

Part of the problem is, I'm sure no one will be surprised to know, the SFA. It used to be that the Inland Revenue (now HMRC) were the primary creditors in cases of insolvency, but the law changed and now they're just another creditor. Down south, the FA moved swiftly to change its rules to make football debts the primary creditors. That gives HMRC less leverage south of the border, since FA rules require all football debts to be paid first, leaving, essentially, nothing much for HMRC if it comes to liquidation.

If there is an agreement with HMRC by using a CVA then its part 1 of the Plan done. Thank you Mr Whyte for getting this sorted. Forcing HMRC to do a deal is a master stroke.

We will now be a very attractive club to buy. I remember before you arrived no one wanted Rangers . If there is an agreement with HMRC then there will be a queue of buyers.

I dont think i have ever said this on here.......but you are a total cock socket. (tu)

HMRC wont cut any deal with Rangers unless Whytes shares are taken off him and given to the admin team of D&P, as of yet that has not been done.

No way on earth would they cut a deal with the club and let Whyte swan back in like nothing has happened.

Thats why we should take this rumour with a pinch of salt tbh, no source on who knows this info or anything just seems to be a copy and paste from another Rangers forum.

Comments from the administration team seem to suggest that ousting Whyte is part of their plan for the club. On the basis of that it doesn't seem unreasonable for discussions to be taking place with HMRC. Cut a deal with HMRC and present it to Whyte, giving him the option of walking or potentially being responsible for Rangers going under.

If there is an agreement with HMRC by using a CVA then its part 1 of the Plan done.

You seem to think a C.V.A is a magic wand that will make everything ok it is not, Pompy and Dundee both done this to get out of admin once before and the debt they were left with drove them right back into admin a few years later.

in our case we would no doubt be left with £20-30m pf debt plus a new owner would have to plug the gap in lost season ticket income and fund new signings for players, bill would be about £50m.

Running up a £15m debt in 9 months in charge aint no great master plan to save Rangers, far from it liquidation was his plan all along.

I admire your resilience. I gave up trying to even discuss this on FF a while ago. It will be interesting once the dust settles.