Rangers can't join the SFL

Has this been discussed?

I was listening to Neil Doncaster on last night’s radio Scotland podcast and he confirmed there is no mechanism for us to be dropped to the SFL if we were liquidated. Also if we stay in the SPL no rules currently exist to fine us more points.

I hope this doesn’t encourage the administrators to do the unthinkable.

Was a good debate on the radio Scotland podcast last night, well worth a listen…for an anti rangers cabal they seemed anonymous in wanting us to remain in the SPL…..

There is no mechanism as such but if the worst came to the worst there would be a place at in the third division due to no relegation from the SPL to the 1st and so on. We would have to apply to the SFL. Its all semantics really.

As for no further punishments, is he referring to administration or liquidation?

Normally not, but if we liquidated and the usual promotion process occurred then the SFL would be left one club short so surely there'd be an application process and they'd be pretty crazy not to pick our application over a highland league or junior team.

Has this been discussed?

I was listening to Neil Doncaster on last night's radio Scotland podcast and he confirmed there is no mechanism for us to be dropped to the SFL if we were liquidated. Also if we stay in the SPL no rules currently exist to fine us more points.

I hope this doesn't encourage the administrators to do the unthinkable.

Was a good debate on the radio Scotland podcast last night, well worth a listen…for an anti rangers cabal they seemed anonymous in wanting us to remain in the SPL…..

Unanimous?

Has this been discussed?

I was listening to Neil Doncaster on last night’s radio Scotland podcast and he confirmed there is no mechanism for us to be dropped to the SFL if we were liquidated. Also if we stay in the SPL no rules currently exist to fine us more points.

I hope this doesn’t encourage the administrators to do the unthinkable.

Doncaster and everyone else who's involved in this drama knows full well that were Rangers FC to cease to be part of the SPL that it will be dead within six-months. Sky would pull the plug, the "provincial clubs" (everyone apart from us and the Tarriers) would hit cash-flow problems due to the lack of a huge Rangers travelling support and good players would go elsewhere to further their careers given that it would become a one-horse race.

All of this is speculation and some rabid Tarrier's wet dream.

Has this been discussed?

I was listening to Neil Doncaster on last night's radio Scotland podcast and he confirmed there is no mechanism for us to be dropped to the SFL if we were liquidated. Also if we stay in the SPL no rules currently exist to fine us more points.

I hope this doesn't encourage the administrators to do the unthinkable.

Explain Gretna then?

There is no mechanism as such but if the worst came to the worst there would be a place at in the third division due to no relegation to from the SPL to the 1st and so on. We would have to apply to the SFL. Its all semantics really.

As for no further punishments, is he referring to administration or liquidation?

Liquidation

It's not really semantics....he seem pretty adamant we would be in the spl next seaosn in one form or another

Doncaster and everyone else who's involved in this drama knows full well that were Rangers FC to cease to be part of the SPL that it will be dead within six-months. Sky would pull the plug, the "provincial clubs" (everyone apart from us and the Tarriers) would hit cash-flow problems due to the lack of a huge Rangers travelling support and good players would go elsewhere to further their careers given that it would become a one-horse race.

All of this is speculation and some rabid Tarrier's wet dream.

What they are trying to do is hit us with the severest of penalties that they think they can make up and get away with. They are not stupid but they are using this to ensure we do not challenge for Europe let alone the league title for the foreseeable future. They know the TV contract is reliant upon us being in the SPL so they will not want us to be demoted.

However they will move heaven and earth to ensure that 2nd place is outwith our grasp thereby opening doors for the likes of Motherwell, Hearts and Dundee Utd to claim 2nd place and attempt to qualify for the CL group stages (No laughing at the back)

So in effect they will try to hit us with minimum points deductions of around 10 pts for the next 3 seasons.

They will attempt to enforce changes to our payments from tv and sponsorship deals meaning it is less likely that we will be able to bring in players of the requisite quality needed to get to 2nd place (or 1st)

In short they will do whatever they can to ensure we remain in the SPL but with their foot firmly on our throats.

Rules and the guy running the spl seem to think differently

Nope, and he does not run the SPL the member clubs do. He is nothing but a glorified dogsbody. You actually answered there .....craphead2.gif well seeing GS answered before you and you just took hs points and rearranged as if it was all your own work.

Chick that pic of you and the dead paul laughing, did you get it signed

In short they will do whatever they can to ensure we remain in the SPL but with their foot firmly on our throats.

Based on what, your paranoia ?

There are no rules in place for this to happen, to make rukles up and try and apply them retospectively would meet with a few legal challenges i'm sure from however our new owners will be. The SPL, and by that extension the member clubs, have fecked up as they have no rules to cover this.

Based on what, your paranoia ?

There are no rules in place for this to happen, to make rukles up and try and apply them retospectively would meet with a few legal challenges i'm sure from however our new owners will be. The SPL, and by that extension the member clubs, have fecked up as they have no rules to cover this.

Here we go again.

Thank fuck guys like you have nothing to do with the club or the fans.

Naive in the extreme if you think we are just going to waltz back in without them making a concerted effort to put plans in place to hinder us.

They are already trying FFS...waken up and smell the coffee.

Nope, and he does not run the SPL the member clubs do. He is nothing but a glorified dogsbody. You actually answered there .....craphead2.gif well seeing GS answered before you and you just took hs points and rearranged as if it was all your own work.

Chick that pic of you and the dead paul laughing, did you get it signed

The information was all on the radio scotland podacst, hardly secret stuff apart from people who boycott it :lol:

You seem obsessed with a dead gay man....a lot of repression going on in your life by the looks of things :sherlock:

If Airdrie utd can rejoin the sfl then so can Rangers.

This is an attempt by the spl self serving pigs to have it both ways--- Keep Rangers in the spl for the money we bring in but at the same time put the boot into them for years to come.

As for the spl rules themselves they state that any club who is liquidated loses its share in the spl and has to start in div 3, Doncaster does not even know his own associations rules.

Feck a starting every season for years minus 25 points no way should we rejoin the spl just to keep C*ltic and the rest from cutting costs due to lack of T.V. income etc.

Here we go again.

Thank fuck guys like you have nothing to do with the club or the fans.

Naive in the extreme if you think we are just going to waltz back in without them making a concerted effort to put plans in place to hinder us.

They are already trying FFS...waken up and smell the coffee.

I think we established yesterday what i think of the irony of lectures from you about opening my eyes (tu)

My eyes are open and just because timmys fans are up to no good doesn't mean anything will come of it.