Is this our chance at last.

oh FFS not this shite again, get a grip! It amazes me when someone on here pipes up with the line hey why dont we move to England!! If it was possible it would have been done years ago by Murray or pusued by Whyte. Does anyone seriously not think those at Ibrox wont have pursued this!

We weren't looking at liquidation before

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And as the FA and UEFA wont allow it we would need to take them to court so add another 4 years onto that. Then the silly thing is once we get there in 12 years time the big clubs will have already left the EPL to start a Euro League based on the fact that we took UEFA to court to abolish forcing any club to play in a league.

There's a thing. And would moving to the English lower tiers open the door for Celtic aswell?

Hypothetically, would there be an appetite to enter a phoenix club in the bottom tier of the English game, NW div 5 or whatever. At the same time enter a team in Div 3 of the Scottish game.

Maybe the two companies would have different sets of players but both play at Ibrox and train at Murray Park.

I wonder what the rules would be regarding this!? Would the fans be up for going to all the games? Or for what reasons would this not be acceptable to the fans?

Hypothetically, would there be an appetite to enter a phoenix club in the bottom tier of the English game, NW div 5 or whatever. At the same time enter a team in Div 3 of the Scottish game.

Maybe the two companies would have different sets of players but both play at Ibrox and train at Murray Park.

I wonder what the rules would be regarding this!? Would the fans be up for going to all the games? Or for what reasons would this not be acceptable to the fans?

Who do we go and watch?

Who do we go and watch?

Who ever you choose to! It is a good point though, do you have two different season tickets. Might not be too expensive in the lower leagues but if the team climbs up the English leagues and the team in Scotland work back to the SPL then it could all become quite expensive.

Imagine having teams at Ibrox that were being successful in Scotland and England!?

I am sure it wouldn't be allowed to happen but we could set a president to change how league structures work.

Who ever you choose to! It is a good point though, do you have two different season tickets. Might not be too expensive in the lower leagues but if the team climbs up the English leagues and the team in Scotland work back to the SPL then it could all become quite expensive.

Imagine having teams at Ibrox that were being successful in Scotland and England!?

I am sure it wouldn't be allowed to happen but we could set a president to change how league structures work.

If anyones goingto make a precedent for chgange it wont be Rangers. It will be a bigger club with financial and poliytical clout.

FFS, not this again.

Rangers are a SCOTTISH club. Always have been, always will be.

Yes. After a 140 years of domestic domination we are being hounded by the rest of Scotland and Scottish football to our death, what do we owe this country now? Me, nothing.

The bottom line is this, we've known for long enough now that Rangers and septic are too big for scotland. We are two big oak trees in a tiny allotment strangling the rest of the weeds. Now this surely hasn't gone unoticed by anyone here has it? I mean we play in empty stadiums every other week, the quality of players we have playing for us has gone down and down and down. Our biggest stars are barely mid table championship quality, our squad players and the rest of the SPL are league one at best. And this trend is only going to continue, this is the downward spiral we've been on for a long while now.

If Rangers stay in scotland in any capacity in 10 years time we'll be no better than the welsh league.

The alternative is adopting across the board some system like the yanks have that make it a more even playing field. Make the game as a whole more competitive, get people going to football matches again, grass roots development.

No, the best way to 'ram it up them' is to join the English league system and be a success; and then watch them:

A) slowly choke to death due to lack of sporting challenge, resulting in drop in revenue streams, and inability to attract top players to challenge in Europe.

B) struggle with the loss of face of following us to England, a fair and pleasant land their fan base hates forever.

However if we do stay in Scotland, next time we're champions will certainly be sweet.

In any event, we absolutely smashed them at Ibrox earlier in the season; and we were very unlucky away. Lack of goal line technology cheated us of a valuable draw.

Maybe I'm just getting auld and dottery, but in spite of all the backstabbing and shite that's come to the fore during this fiasco, I still think of us as a Scottish club and always will - it would sadden me immensely to see us playing anywhere else. I know it's probably really naive and nae doubt far too sentimental, but it is what it is and I can't apologise for feeling that way.