Is this our chance at last.

I'd take the English route before any Scottish option. Let's be bold and start from the very bottom of England.

Scottish football is in a terminal downspin into liquidation. There's no point in saving us for another slow death in Scotland.

This must be a proper regeneration in a context where we can thrive.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This England/Scotland topic has been debated on numerous occasions, some posters think it can't happen, some do.

I personally would jump at the chance to play in England - even starting at the bottom, but not sure that they would really want us - Manchester 2008 still fresh in their minds, etc.

What I do think is that whover is considering taking over our club should make serious enquiries of the English FA to see if it is possible - and if they say no then publish their response so that this subject can be put to rest for good.

I would not be surprised if Craig Whyte/Andrew Ellis have already made enquiries. Glasgow Rangers Football Club Ltd was registered as a new company in England last October & being registered in England or Wales is a requirement of joining the FA. Will probably never know if part of his plan was to sell us on for a huge profit with English FA membership.

Or more likely just using this company to divert cash from the existing Plc company.

Most people seem to think that we'll just waltz up the English divisions straight to the premier league. This is NOT going to happen. If we're in the conference then expect a conference calibre of player. There will be no McGregors or Davis' in that team.

Your forgetting that we are a massive club.

This.

Plus read many forums about the EPL and LaLiga and it's clear that their real financial situation is as perilous. When the bubble pops It won't just pop it will explode

A huge issue -- just waiting to happen.

For some unknown reason, Football (England..) has been recession proof. Simply unsustainable. (But I've been saying that for years lol ) But.. the debts are surely piling up!

Its a non-starter. If no clubs dropped out the english leagues we would have to start in the North West Counties Div 1, 5 levels below the English league 2.

And no teams would want to travel up to Glasgow because of the costs of travelling and staying over night. So we would never get accepted and thats even before UEFA and FIFA get involved.

Its a non-starter. If no clubs dropped out the english leagues we would have to start in the North West Counties Div 1, 5 levels below the English league 2.

And no teams would want to travel up to Glasgow because of the costs of travelling and staying over night. So we would never get accepted and thats even before UEFA and FIFA get involved.

If you know that for sure that is fair enough and answers my original question , (Opening thread). However I would like to hear the situation from the horses mouth. IE the English FA or who ever.... as that would lay it to bed once and for all. But if its possible no matter how slim a chance I for one would perfer to sacrifice say 5 years working way up to even the championship and watch the whole of Scottish football die with out us.

I hope to fuck that one day we will be playing in the english leagues. If we continue to stay in this country we will become smaller and smaller. The SPL is finished, theres no saving it ! We can remain a Scottish club that is never an issue its just about patience. I would be patient enough to watch us for years in the lower leagues until we get to a decent level of the prem or the championship afterall its better having the chance of a bright future than playing pish week in week out in this country with a bleak future.

If you know that for sure that is fair enough and answers my original question , (Opening thread). However I would like to hear the situation from the horses mouth. IE the English FA or who ever.... as that would lay it to bed once and for all. But if its possible no matter how slim a chance I for one would perfer to sacrifice say 5 years working way up to even the championship and watch the whole of Scottish football die with out us.

yes well the English FA would only report what the clubs tell them. I cant see the part time teams in the lower leagues wanting to travel to Glasgow they couldn't afford it. UEFA and FIFA would have to come in anyway for a team to play in another countries league, it would take time.

Going to England, even if it meant having to start in the Conference, would be the best thing for the club. Apart from being better financially than the likely options in Scotland, it would be a great adventure.

That said, I don't think it'll be allowed to happen.

i like the idea of this adventure. like football manager in the 80s. it also is a big girfuy to the taigs and Scottish football, which i am sick of. the pettiness we see every day in this clown league is something i'd be happy to do without. in 5 years, we'd hopefully be in the championship, and pulling in tons more money than the taigs. GIRFUY glitters 11.

oh FFS not this shite again, get a grip! It amazes me when someone on here pipes up with the line hey why dont we move to England!! If it was possible it would have been done years ago by Murray or pusued by Whyte. Does anyone seriously not think those at Ibrox wont have pursued this!

8 years to the EPL. If we get promoted every year.

finally people agree with me

spl is dead and boring, english leagues = new scenery every game and probably ever year, new teams to play and new stadiums to visit

only problem is would we keep our fanbase for the long haul? would we keep our history?

oh FFS not this shite again, get a grip! It amazes me when someone on here pipes up with the line hey why dont we move to England!! If it was possible it would have been done years ago by Murray or pusued by Whyte. Does anyone seriously not think those at Ibrox wont have pursued this!

it is a real possibility now, if we face liquidation.

we'd have to start in the very bottom of leagues though like any other newly formed team, cant see us accepting that before.

And it's not simply the costs of travel and accommodation ... how many clubs in North West Counties Div 1 can afford the policing costs that a home fixture versus Rangers would bring? And, at the huge risk of being called Brendan or Patrick for the next few hours, don't think the anti-Catholic stuff would be welcome for a second.

8 years to the EPL. If we get promoted every year.

And as the FA and UEFA wont allow it we would need to take them to court so add another 4 years onto that. Then the silly thing is once we get there in 12 years time the big clubs will have already left the EPL to start a Euro League based on the fact that we took UEFA to court to abolish forcing any club to play in a league.

Sadly, very sadly, the Rangers at every level is myopic and no longer has grand ambitions we once had as a club. For the vast majority the pinnacle of their support is sticking it to the mhanks as many times as possible in a season.

If we're to start again, let's do it at the bottom of a ladder worth climbing.

This. (tu)

very succinctly put. been saying for ages we have to look further than the following season.