The Players Who Stopped The Deal

boss

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say that I love the PAPAC! if we are given the chance, we need to show him just how much we appreciate everything he has done for the club. In my eyes he will go down as one of the great foreign players to have worn the jersey. GOD BLESS THE PAPAC!

Theres no time for sympathy for players now for me. Who ever needs to go needs to go and I wont bat an eyelid even if there are some shocks as it needs to be done.

We need to see out the season to atleast have the chance to get back into the SPL.

Oh and I got told that Alan Mcgregor for a fact offered to play for nuthing till end of season, so defo not him !!

Yeh that's right I remember you said that.

When the story broke one player offered to play for nothing I said it would be Jig. You then no it was Shagger. But it was really Jig.

:disappointment:

Very disappointed with this. I know i'm singling him out but I'm really beginning to dislike Whittaker and all he stands for

I have never liked him at all and will honestly be over the moon the day he leaves, he is dross and thinks hes great and shouldnt even be on half the money he is. Hes robbing us!

I also met him once not long after he signed in Edinburgh when I was working and said alright big man and he ignored me :anguish: just looked at me as if "dont talk to me" he was with his burd :wanker:

one things for sure I will find out the real story here that's a certainty. might take me a few months mind you.

No doubt by then the story would have been passed on so many times and tweeked here and there by the time it gets to you it will be nothing like the truth buddy.

I see boss has got his way - every one guessing, making assumptions on who did what said what! Was it only 24 hours ago our manager called for unity?

Threads like this are the worst self destructive nonsense with no facts at all but lots of righteous indignation based on rumour!!

I have never liked him at all and will honestly be over the moon the day he leaves, he is dross and thinks hes great and shouldnt even be on half the money he is. Hes robbing us!

I also met him once not long after he signed in Edinburgh when I was working and said alright big man and he ignored me :anguish: just looked at me as if "dont talk to me" he was with his burd :wanker:

Class A pillock

Theres no time for sympathy for players now for me. Who ever needs to go needs to go and I wont bat an eyelid even if there are some shocks as it needs to be done.

We need to see out the season to atleast have the chance to get back into the SPL.

Glad you are not an Administrator, we wouldn't have a team by now if you were in charge. I doubt the players want anyone's sympathy anyway.

Ally said the players were working hard to reach a negotiation with all due respect to the original poster I'll take his words as truth until I have reason not to (tu)

Yeah thats proved the most sensible thing in the past, good idea.

I’m probably breaking a confidence but trying to justify to myself that I’m really just bending the line as far as I can. This has come from the insolvency guru that has explained much to me in recent days. This is what I was told – believe it or dismiss it as you wish.

Hopefully word will filter through to those that need told that there are no secrets, there are no discussions that will forever remain private if Rangers do collapse. The players did not take us to this point but the supporters have a right to know which players may be about to hit the first blow in the last nail.

An agreement had been reached in principle for the 75:50:25 wage cuts.

Then two of our highest paid players, both out injured just now, told the Administrators that their wage cut should only be 50% as they couldn’t earn win bonuses. This despite picking up their full wages to date while on the sick and not being able to kick a ball in achieving those wins. The Administrators were angered that they were backtracking on the agreement and were ready to make them redundant and implement the agreement among the other players.

Then a third, highly paid, player met with the Administrators and demanded that a £1m release clause be inserted in his contract in case “he didn’t like the new owners”. Clearly that was impossible for the Administrators to agree to – they would be writing £2m off an asset, all for the sake of saving about £300k in wages from that player between now and the summer.

A fourth player decided that he could only now afford a 50% cut as he had cars to finance and debts to pay.

It was following these discussions that the Administrators decided that an early sale may be preferable to what was beginning to look like the decimation in the value of the squad if four of our biggest assets were made redundant.

Compare and contrast the attitudes of those four players, three of whom are massive Rangers fans, with two other players. It has been well documented that one highly paid player offered to play for nothing. That is correct. What isn’t well known is that another senior player decided that he’s made enough money from football/Rangers and that he would be prepared to walk away with nothing and probably retire.

If in the next 24 hours there is no sign of a quick sale being possible, and there is no change of heart from these senior players, there will probably be massive redundancies.

If Rangers do not complete their matches this season, the hypocrisy of those players will never be forgotten. Indeed their intransigence may have already engendered the sale to a newco and liquidation of the current company.

I know deep down that I have broken a confidence and lost a source but I had no choice.

I would not have a problem if the admin guys came the morra and make these guys redundant just like i wont have a problem with the players knocking back the wage cuts.

JUST GET IT DONE

Ill put in what I have heard that it was Naismith and Whittaker, both of which had offers of clubs elsewhere, with big McLeish giving Naismith his meal ticket.

I also got told the big story around Wylde saving jobs etc, all nonsense, he has been offered a club down south and told to leave !!

No really saying anything you dont already know but its pointing firmly at these players.

Agree with Wylde....that waste of space was subject of tentative enquiry in Jan from Bolton....we would have driven him down if it was made formal.

Am not saying its untrue but so far whittaker has been slaughterd for everything to not taking pay cut to not saying hello in the street

That's what annoys me - a player - nae one of our better players - and at worst a saleable asset is getting slaughtered based on rumour. We want to stick together but threads like this just keep the bitterness going.