Nigel Spackman..

Met him at Anfield earlier in the season, my Dad asked him how he thought we would get on on Sunday (meaning Rangers) and Nigel said "we need Motherwell to get beat", this was when the tims were well behind us, the guy seemed still very fond of us.

Not a greatly skilful player, but did the simple things well, like Hurlock.

Always gave 100%.

His best game?. The 1-0 SC semi vs Celtic (Robertson sent off, Coisty got the winner) in 1992.

Spackman had to play 84 mins at centre-half and was immense.

He was superb in the sheep title game at Ibrox in May 91. He ended up at centre back as well that day. Was the captain as well with Gough injured.

Just on the radio there congratulating the bears on a fine win and wishing us well for the future. Good man.

Remember he scored on his debut against the bheggars at the piggery in a 1-0 win. Respect.

Always liked Nigel as a player. Do you have any memories of the man ?

He was an ace of a guy, had a few beers with him after many a game. Was devastated to leave the club.

I was always a big Spackman fan :clap:.

He was treated abysmally when they origially wanted him to play for Scotland but withdrew the interest because of the great unwashed. I know there is a gentlemans agreement between the home associations to make it only parents and not grandparents but the whole way it was handled was very shabby :angry:

I was always a big Spackman fan :clap:.

He was treated abysmally when they origially wanted him to play for Scotland but withdrew the interest because of the great unwashed. I know there is a gentlemans agreement between the home associations to make it only parents and not grandparents but the whole way it was handled was very shabby :angry:

We'll remembered mate. The plastic paddy's within the Celtic Support, petitioned the SFA complaining that Spackman was English and couldn't play as neither of his parents were Scottish, but his a grandparent was. As you point out, the home nations had the agreement, but the Republic didn't and had a few players that qualified through the grandparents rule. Just goes to show you that even back then, those dirty taig bastards were jealous of us and even went out of the way to harm the Scotland Football Team - but do we really expect anything else from those cunts?