First time at Ibrox?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at many games as an unborn child, my mum says she went to Tannadice, Dens Park, and McDiarmond Park with me.

When I was born, and but a baldy wee creature no higher than my dad's knee, I believe I was taken to a Morton away game.

First game I went to and remember after that was Aug 1997 - where I witnessed Stale Stensas and Alistair McCoist (3) put 4 past Falkirk in the Coca Cola Cup.

That was Ally's last hat-trick for Rangers, IIRC. I also witnessed Kris Boyd's first. Two games that stick out for me definitely.

I feel old reading this-am only 33-first time was when I was about 7-can't really recall but remember it was a big day out and remember having a can of juice outside the pub(not being able to see in as the windows were high for a reason) Then being taken by my dad and his friend along to the game. Lived down south so did not go to many games aside from Christmas time until I was old enough and had the money to travel and have my own tickets.

Was so much easier for my dad he lived less than a mile away from Ibrox and went all the time with his friends and the older guys in the supporters club would look after the young guys on away trips. Best story he had was of him being nine years old and saying to his mum( my Nan ) he was off to Ibrox. She thought nothing of it till he had not got back by 7pm. He turned up early hours of the next day after having been on the bus and back with the supporters club aged nine.