And still some say the BBC have no agenda...

AlCapone

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

DIARMID O’HARA, the man in charge of BBC Scotland’s flagship news programme, Reporting Scotland is a member of the Celtic Family….

In the truest sense.

For Diarmid O’Hara is the great-great grandson of one of the co-founders of Celtic Football Club, John O’Hara.

And Diarmid's brother, Brendan O'Hara, who also works in television, was the man behind a recent project to restore the grave of John O'Hara, who was one of Celtic's first club secretaries.

Perhaps that explains the pro-Celtic bias and anti Rangers agenda many people perceive as being endemic when it comes to the Reporting Scotland output, over which Diarmid O’Hara reigns as the supreme ruler.

Perhaps it also explains that even if O’Hara is not there, those wishing to please him, win favour from him and increase their chances of promotion, will adhere to what they believe is Diarmid O’Hara’s agenda, without even needing instructions from this great-great grandson of one of Celtic’s founders.

This week has provided two starkly contrasting examples of the way similar stories are viewed on Diarmid O'Hara's Reporting Scotland.

The way one was treated and the way another was entirely ignored.

Despite both stories having been given differing degrees of coverage in Scottish newspapers. Let’s start with the first story which is topical and timely.

It burst like a bombshell as the splash in the latest edition of Ireland’s mass circulation Sunday World and it focussed on a foul, bigoted, sectarian rant from the General Secretary of the OFFICIAL Celtic Supporters Association, Joe O’Rourke.

In a chilling Tweet on his Twitter account, O’Rourke, a former shipyard worker and trade union activist, raved that it was a pity all the Protestants who helped build the Titanic didn’t sailed on the doomed liner and drown when the Titanic went down 100 years ago this month.

It was a story which I saw picked up and followed up poorly by what looked like a Sun newspaper afraid to upset Celtic. A few paragraphs and an apology from the confirmed bigot, O’Rourke, was what the sinking Sun thought it was worth.

The Daily Mail produced a more comprehensive story, pointing out that O’Rourke is facing a police investigation and quoting a still obviously unrepentant bigot, O’Rourke as saying: “I DIDN’T THINK IT WAS OUT OF ORDER.”

And this is a man who often sits down with Celtic's OFFICIAL chief executive, Peter Lawwell. More on Lawwell later.

But from the great-great grandson of Celtic founder, John O’Hara, the man in charge of BBC Scotland’s Reporting Scotland, Diarmid O'Hara……

NOTHING!

It was as if the story did not exist. As if it was unimportant. Or as if it did exist, was important, but was best swept under the carpet.

Now, for a moment, indulge me. Let us just for a moment imagine the leader of a Rangers fans’ group had made a similar comment about Roman Catholics.

What do you think would have been the reaction of the Reporting Scotland news team ruled over by that member of the Celtic Family, Diarmid O’Hara?

Do you think a reporter would have delivered a piece to camera standing outside Ibrox Stadium?

Do you believe Peter Kearney, the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland’s outspoken spokesman, would have featured, foaming at the mouth with rage?

Would a Roman Catholic clergyman, a lowly priest, or an archbishop, perhaps, would have been rolled out to express his disgust?

Maybe even the man who writes the wee tunes and who is always offended by the majority of people in Scotland, Jimmy McMillan, would have been afforded a platform. Do you think so?

Me too!

And if you don’t believe me then fast forward 24 hours from when Diarmid O’Hara’s Reporting Scotland ignored the story about Joe O’Rourke, the General Secretary of the OFFICIAL Celtic Supporters Association calling for Protestants to be drowned and let’s examine another story.

This time about comments which have upset the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland and which the BBC Scotland’s Reporting Scotland programme, which is in the iron grip of Celtic Family member, Diarmid O’Hara, went into outraged overdrive to cover.

It concerned the remark made on Facebook by an Scottish National Party local council candidate – ONLY a CANDIDATE mind you.

Lyall Duff, who is standing for the SNP in North Lanarkshire, criticised two Roman Catholic midwives after their high profile legal action for the right to boycott abortions.

Diarmid O’Hara’s Reporting Scotland was all over that story like a rash. Hackles in the ruler’s office inside the BBC Scotland Pacific Quay headquarters had obviously been raised by Lyall Duff’s comments in a way they had not been by the dreadful sectarian stuff which spewed from Joe O’Rourke, the General Secretary of the OFFICIAL Celtic Supporters Association who wants to see Protestants drowned.

The way these two similar stories were approached by BBC Scotland’s flagship news programme, which is under the complete control of Celtic Family member, Diarmid O’Hara, present a stark contrast.

Never before have those who believe BBC Scotland’s Reporting Scotland is pro Celtic, been given more vivid evidence to support those allegations.

AND.......

JUST a wee reminder of the links which exist and lead from conman huckster Craig Whyte to the administrators he appointed, Duff and Phelps.

The Duff and Phelps Two, Paul Clark and David Whitehouse, would do well to take into account the public's perception of these links.

When Whyte conned David Murray - as David says - out of Rangers for a quid, he was advised by David Grier, who is a senior partner in Duff and Phelps.

When Rangers moved into administration, trickster Whyte moved heaven and earth to ensure his pal David Grier's company, Duff and Phelps, were given complete control of Rangers.

Clark and Whitehouse then delivered a very public pledge that David Grier would have nothing to do with the company in which he is a senior partner, Duff and Phelps' administration of Rangers.

Clark and Whitehouse were then caught red handed smuggling the very same David Grier into a meeting with David Murray.

On top of which there have been a number of peculiar statements made by Duff and Phelps in the six weeks since they became the Rangers administrators.

Many of them contradictory and many of them seemingly lacking in logic and clarity.

All of which has led some serious people to be seriously suspicious of Duff and Phelps, their senior partner, David Grier and Clark and Whitehouse.

This reminder is not much aimed at Rangers supporters, as being for the benefit of Duff and Phelps, the firm's senior partner, Craig Whyte's pal, David Grier, along with Paul Clark and David Whitehouse.

They are all being closely watched.

it angers me so no wonder there is so mutch hatred towards them all i can say to other probs is do not stand by and take this we have to make a stand after all this is STILL A LARGELY PROD LAND people make there own chose how me i am now a member of orange order some mite cringe and say they have no place in scotland now a days but beleve me we do more than ever its you chose

I hope the OP has been sent to the BBC complaint department. I can guess what the response will be but it would be interesting all the same. The 2 stories are very similar and they should either be reporting on them both or ignoring them both.

I have not read the article but by the heading I cab tell your not happy.

You do realise all this thread has done is spread the article for more people to read which is exactly what they want. If you really want to hurt them dont read the article, buy there papers or go on there site. That would change.the way they cover situations

You do realise all this thread has done is spread the article for more people to read which is exactly what they want. If you really want to hurt them dont read the article, buy there papers or go on there site. That would change.the way they cover situations

Maybe you should read it and stop acting like a spaceman

Nonsense, utter nonsense.

Those who control the media control the people. If you don't believe this, then you should consider why Politicians spend so much time trying to spin stories for the media, why we have very expensive PR companies for important peopl and why George Orwell wrote a book all about it.

We do not need to become like the rabid dogs of the east end, but we should ensure the line is well marked in the sand and instances like these should be highlighted and questioned.

The article wasnt wrote by the BBC, it was wrote by someone who wants to expose them which is why I want it spread

Their sales, websites, viewing figures have been dwindling for years & it hasn't altered their anti Rangers, anti British agenda. Everything is aimed at pro catholic propaganda. If you were to come from another country and know nothing about Scotland you would be convinced that this is a roman catholic country and we were all septic fans. Instead we have a 17% minority running most parts of the media and spouting everything they can about catholic & septic persecution. BBC at pacific quay are pro catholic, pro celtic and anyone who cannot see this is blind. Fuck them!

The Belfast and Renfrewshire MPs should be contacted and asked whether someone as insensitive as Joe O'Rourke should be holding a position as prominent in the Celtic Supporters Association. They should also be asked whether our national broadcaster is giving sufficient weight and coverage to such high profile religious bigotry.

Anyone know who the MPs are?

The Belfast and Renfrewshire MPs should be contacted and asked whether someone as insensitive as Joe O'Rourke should be holding a position as prominent in the Celtic Supporters Association. They should also be asked whether our national broadcaster is giving sufficient weight and coverage to such high profile religious bigotry.

Anyone know who the MPs are?

Funnily enough, I was thinking that very same thing.

jesus leggo and the vb's coming back in the one 24 hrs.....swoon....

Aye its amazing - I wonder if they are connected ...... now there's an unsubstantiated rumour that conspiracy theorist could get their teeth into - except I don't know if leggat will see the conspiracy in that one - but the linkage is as close as the linkages made in leggats article.

Aye its amazing - I wonder if they are connected ...... now there's an unsubstantiated rumour that conspiracy theorist could get their teeth into - except I don't know if leggat will see the conspiracy in that one - but the linkage is as close as the linkages made in leggats article.

VB has n0thing to do with Leggat and vice versa.

If only you two shit stirrers would stick to the topic in hand.

Blowhards.