Where we are...

Frankie

Let's have a sober look at the facts, instead of posting laughably one-sided, hypocritical and ill-informed titbits:

1. No bidder has walked away.

One or two may use this as a deliberate strategy to try and force the hand of another party but all bidders remain interested and active. All will be aiming their genuine 'final' bids for day +15 after the PB is named.

2. Exclusivity fee.

All bidders can afford to pay this. They've, so far, deliberately refused not to because the fee is excessive, non-refundable and apparently non-deductible. Paying £500K offers next to no advantage when D&P have shown they will consider late (written) bids.

3. Funding.

All bidders have money but only one is funding their bid via a secured loan from Ticketus (TBK). Of the others, one appears to be self-funded (A-P), one may be based on selling assets (Miller) and the other we don't know anything about (Kennedy).

4. Delays.

It's is laughable to accuse any one party of dithering. All parties have contributed to the unacceptable situation we're in. From contradictory admin statements, to bidders playing poker, to Ticketus playing the field; all are delaying out of self-interest.

5. Conclusion.

The situation is relatively simple. No buyer wants to pay the exclusivity fee because this does not guarantee enough of an advantage to make a sale competition probable. Add in the fact Craig Whyte's shareholding has not been delivered and Ticketus change their mind on a daily basis then it's no wonder all bidders are frustrated. However, time is now their enemy and they (and we) must consider accepting a few negatives for the greater good.

It's a real shame some people want to put their own agenda ahead of the very fact our club is sleep-walking to the edge of oblivion. I hope this post helps everyone realise where we are in a balanced, neutral fashion.

It's all to play for and anything can and will happen.

Good post, but I expect GS to pop along and rubbish your points, telling us all that without TBK we are definitely heading for liquidation...

I wonder if any of the bidders are waiting for the result of the tax case, and any other reasons given for the delay is just smoke and mirrors to hide this.

As much as I enjoy his usual stuff, GS's recent contribution really has been very poor.

He may well be getting the odd snippet of information but for such info to be used properly then it has to be applied fairly (as I've tried to do above).

The suggestion that any bidder is ahead (or even behind) in the game is unfortunately incorrect. All bidders are struggling to move forward and that's a real concern given the genuine working capital problems facing our club.

The admins appear to be struggling with the conditions attached to the bids.

We only get the headline figures, but not what is in the conditions, and I'm pretty sure thats deliberate from all parties.

I wish we knew what these conditions were as I'm pretty sure we'd get a better understanding of why the admins are doing what they are doing. (or not doing).

I posted in the thread RE: the fee. I don't think that had been halved again - it was that TBK had said they'd pay half of it along with Ticketus. I may be wrong on that though.

The conditions surrounding the fee are causing the problem. Essentially none of the bidders want to pay it as it stands so either D&P or the bidders will have to swallow some pain if they really want progress to be made.

As it stands neither want to do this which is why we have the current impasse.

Let's look at the facts, instead of posting laughably one-sided, hypocritical and ill-informed titbits:

1. No bidder has walked away.

One or two may use this as a deliberate strategy to try and force the hand of another party but all bidders remain interested and active. All will be aiming their genuine 'final' bids for day +15 after the PB is named.

2. Exclusivity fee.

All bidders can afford to pay this. They've, so far, deliberately refused not to because the fee is excessive, non-refundable and apparently non-deductible. Paying £500K offers next to no advantage when D&P have shown they will consider late (written) bids.

3. Funding.

All bidders have money but only one is funding their bid via a secured loan from Ticketus (TBK). Of the others, one appears to be self-funded (A-P), one may be based on selling assets (Miller) and the other we don't know anything about (Kennedy).

4. Delays.

It's is laughable to accuse any one party of dithering. All parties have contributed to the unacceptable situation we're in. From contradictory admin statements, to bidders playing poker, to Ticketus playing the field; all are delaying out of self-interest.

5. Conclusion.

The situation is relatively simple. No buyer wants to pay the exclusivity fee because this does not guarantee enough of an advantage to make a sale competition probable. Add in the fact Craig Whyte's shareholding has not been delivered and Ticketus change their mind on a daily basis then it's no wonder all bidders are frustrated. However, time is now their enemy and they (and we) must consider accepting a few negatives for the greater good.

It's a real shame some people want to put their own agenda ahead of the very fact our club is sleep-walking to the edge of oblivion. I hope this post helps everyone with respect where we are in a balanced, neutral fashion.

It's all to play for and anything can and will happen.

Totally agree

Likewise, he isn't the only poster to be so narrow minded when it comes to the prospective owners. TBK have been slated on here as well incessantly by some posters.

In my opinion, a certain degree of objectivity is required while this seemingly laborious process is carried out. I actually have no preference as I don't have all the facts needed to make an informed decision.

I posted in the thread RE: the fee. I don't think that had been halved again - it was that TBK had said they'd pay half of it along with Ticketus. I may be wrong on that though.

The conditions surrounding the fee are causing the problem. Essentially none of the bidders want to pay it as it stands so either D&P or the bidders will have to swallow some pain if they really want progress to be made.

As it stands neither want to do this which is why we have the current impasse.

Thanks for the update

Likewise, he isn't the only poster to be so narrow minded when it comes to the prospective owners. TBK have been slated on here as well incessantly by some posters.

In my opinion, a certain degree of objectivity is required while this seemingly laborious process is carried out. I actually have no preference as I don't have all the facts needed to make an informed decision.

Indeed, which is why it's important to have a balanced analysis of where we are now.

Throughout I've said people need to constructively criticise and all parties deserve such criticism. Objectivity is vital and I've said consistently it's foolhardy to back any one bid without knowing the finer detail.

None of us know that so it's therefore impossible to say A is good and B is bad or vice versa.

Indeed, which is why it's important to have a balanced analysis of where we are now.

Throughout I've said people need to constructively criticise and all parties deserve such criticism. Objectivity is vital and I've said consistently it's foolhardy to back any one bid without knowing the finer detail.

None of us know that so it's therefore impossible to say A is good and B is bad or vice versa.

We can't make a judgement until we have all the facts (tu)

Frankie: noticed your twitter posts re Ng with Matt Slater

he saying Ng hasnt got the funds?

can you clarify what hes on about

He's saying he has a source that Ng has never been a credible bidder.

Our fan groups, D&P, Alistair Johnston, Asian media and reputable RFC fans say otherwise.

The underlying fact with all the bids will be the various conditions attached to their offers. Administrators prefer a bid with no conditions attached.

So depending on the condition and as to how many this goes to explaining the final decision hence what some see as the process taking so long (although it's not)

They could have named a preferred bidder and a condition (s) may not be resolved so the bidder walks away , when we all think yes, a deal will be done now. This is another reason with the non refundable is asked for, and explains why no one has paid this paltry amount, as they will have concerns as to their conditions being met.

Great summation of the situation. I particularly agree with point 4. There's a lot of people slating D&P for causing delays when it's quite obvious (to me anyway) that pretty much each bidder has contributed to them more.

The underlying fact with all the bids will be the various conditions attached to their offers. Administrators prefer a bid with no conditions attached.

So depending on the condition and as to how many this goes to explaining the final decision hence what some see as the process taking so long (although it's not)

They could have named a preferred bidder and a condition (s) may not be resolved so the bidder walks away , when we all think yes, a deal will be done now. This is another reason with the non refundable is asked for, and explains why no one has paid this paltry amount, as they will have concerns as to their conditions being met.

If it was regarded as a paltry amount, one of them would have taken the gamble. They're obviously not in your league, so why don't you throw your hat into the ring?

Great post Frankie, thanks for sharing. The thing I don't get with GS is that when TBK looked to be backing out last week, he seemed to be warming up to Ng's consortium. But now TBK are back in the picture, everyone else wants liquidation except P Murray again <cr>

3. Funding.

I dont like part of this statement where you say Miller is possibly funding it by selling assets, is this assets he will acquire if he gains control(sounds like a hedge fund/asset stripper) or is he doing it by selling assets he currently owns which sounds very dodgy like a nortgage chain thing.

I dont like part of this statement where you say Miller is possibly funding it by selling assets, is this assets he will acquire if he gains control(sounds like a hedge fund/asset stripper) or is he doing it by selling assets he currently owns which sounds very dodgy like a nortgage chain thing.

There have been rumours throughout that Miller will look towards a hybrid version of liquidation involving the removal of certain assets.

I emphasise these are only rumours so, as with all bids, we simply don't know what his real intentions are.

Frankie & Gunslinger = Ying & Yang bringing balance to the Force. Keep up the good work guys and to Shane you kept me on tender hooks last night. I just hope that with all the posturing going on amongst the bidders and D & P that they remember the priority is The Gers and making sure that someone is in a position to start talking to players about their contracts because if we lose our players due to all this pissing about they might as well liquidate us and stop this cause it is like water boarding. So to those that can remember With Great Power Comes Great Responsibilty! party0012.gif